Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Users who are viewing this thread

Very nice to share that with us. Impressive job. Though I have to say I'm a bit disappointed about the current implementation of religions.
It needs to be revised. Religions branches and religious wars need to be added. Luther... conflicts and such + a deeper and lively feeling of
medieval religious fanaticism. So do expect the Spanish Inquisition  :shifty:.

What I want to do besides is to add altars, holy sites and such where you can pray accompanied with a sweet animation. This gives you piety points.
Piety points should be spendable on things that make life easier. Ending quests sooner, enter enemy towns easily, better chance to craft masterpiece,
make things happen easier and such. That's the plan.

Halbard said:
Quintillius said:
Yeah there needs to be a better balance between item stats. But that's such a time consuming process that I tend to delay this every time.
The best thing what could happen is someone here offering help to rebalance all items.
Although I only got a rough idea of finely balancing each item, I'd be willing to check on it and at least look at the most extreme cases.

I'm willing to help you with balancing the items. I've got an extensive knowledge of weapons, horses and armor in Warband, it comes with years of experience. You wanna work with me on this? I'd prefer to take an advisory role, since I'm busy with studies but I could do this on the side.

Also, are there any benefits for choosing Atheism?

No benefits for atheism other than the two +2 intelligence points, because you dare to question the gods.
Only a belief can benefit you. It's the middle ages...

Please if you can help be rebalancing I'll provide the original code for you. I don't think it requires more than 1/2 hours to do it properly
The code looks like:

["arabian_sword_a",        "Sarranid Sword", [("arabian_sword_a",0),("scab_arabian_sword_a", ixmesh_carry)], itp_type_one_handed_wpn|itp_merchandise|itp_primary, itc_longsword|itcf_carry_sword_left_hip|itcf_show_holster_when_drawn,
  108 , weight(1.5)|difficulty(0)|spd_rtng(99) | weapon_length(97)|swing_damage(26 , cut) | thrust_damage(19 ,  pierce),imodbits_sword_high, [], [fac_kingdom_3,fac_kingdom_6,fac_kingdom_9,]],

You only need to deal with the maroon coloured stuff. I can make a list of explanations and write down some points to look after. You'll need to search after the navy blue coloured stuff in an .brf file (use OpenBRF for this) to search for the model. If it's for example a closed helmet and there's still a beard visible what's causing a weird effect you can add itp_covers_beard to hide any facial face. Downside however is that messing with the code... leaving a comma out somewhere results in an error for me when I convert all to numbers (032621621).
Use Notepad++ to easily edit the code. It adds colours and structure.

Do you think you're capable enough to do this?

Alright, so I'll just search for "maroon" in the actual code file and try to rebalance those to the best of my ability.

As far as coding goes, I'm not terribly experienced and could easily **** something up - I know enough to know that even a small mistake can cause lots of **** down the road. I did a single course a few years ago on C+ language and I've dabbled with Python like 4 years ago, so I know like two things max about coding. I'm capable enough to edit numerical values or add comments, but it would take me far too much time (when compared to an experienced coder) to actually start messing with code elements properly. Starting with the long and arduous process of trial and error of course.

So tl;dr I'm probably not good enough to be of help with actual coding. But I can provide advisoral help with balancing / edit numerical values in code just fine. I do have OpenBRF, I've used it to transfer skins and armor meshes into some modules for my own use.

Quintilius, would you be so kind as to provide as with the information about character creation bonuses?

Also, is there a way to disable all the daily messages about the villages that were looted and lords that escaped from battle or were captured, or make it so that it only shows messages from the faction you are a part of and the factions you're in war with? Those messages make my game lag when I'm traveling on the map.

anigman96 said:
Quintilius, would you be so kind as to provide as with the information about character creation bonuses?

Also, is there a way to disable all the daily messages about the villages that were looted and lords that escaped from battle or were captured, or make it so that it only shows messages from the faction you are a part of and the factions you're in war with? Those messages make my game lag when I'm traveling on the map.

I doubt they make your game lag. It's most likely all the parties moving around and so on, not the text.

Well, every time that quite a few messages appear it happens. It also happened to me in other mods, and other people told me that was the reason for the lag on world map. You may be right, though. Anyway, is there a way to reduce or remove that lag?

I have one more question. I recently become a soldier in an army, and every time there's a battle the soldiers just stand on the hills holding their positions. Is there a way to make them attack?

Lagg occurs when there are background triggers firing blocks of code for every entity on the map. Calculating how to travel for lords, decide what to do, faction strategies and such.
Enemy takes defensive position if you attack them. If the enemy advances upon you they'll take initiative in battle.

I'd be willing to give rebalancing armor a shot.
I do have some experience coding, but based on your example I don't think that will be such a need anyway. If the item tags are all in place, it should just be a matter of changing values, right?
I would need some guidelines along values (i.e., "best armor is 70 or something, worst is 1" type stuff)

If that works out well, I'd be fine with trying the weapons as well, although I think that would be a bit trickier (more categories).

Artillery - When can I use it (if there's a certain moment where we can start to use them, since I encountered one Lord in battle with a no-ammo cannon on a very early stage, I'd say the beginning, so it was either a bug or we have to wait for powder or something like that), how do I get it and how do I use it?

Crafting - Is it just about making a masterpiece for a Guildmaster so I can start my own enterprise or is there more, like a system? If so, please explain the system to me.

Misc - Can I use the reward for winning the arena (we get some jewels I think) somehow, or should I just sell it in the marketplace?
What about the masterpiece (I've got one from blacksmithing)? Should I sell it as well?

I have a "brocade clothing" and "gift", are they just trading goods or do they serve some purpose?

Also, for the piety items, do I need to hold them forever or they give a one-time bonus only?

Alfonso dArmigerio said:
I'd be willing to give rebalancing armor a shot.
I do have some experience coding, but based on your example I don't think that will be such a need anyway. If the item tags are all in place, it should just be a matter of changing values, right?
I would need some guidelines along values (i.e., "best armor is 70 or something, worst is 1" type stuff)

If that works out well, I'd be fine with trying the weapons as well, although I think that would be a bit trickier (more categories).

I was going to start on that next week, to be honest - right after I'm done with exams.

Two questions:
1-Is it normal that after asking to the lord I served as freelancer to be released from service I would get a relation improvement with both him and his faction?

2-Is it normal for Mithridias tournament prizes to look like these?
E0l1B.jpg

Hm, maybe that's because you skimped out on bets and the such? I usually get 3k+ on florins and a Turquoise ( a gem) for a first place reward. The gem is worth about 400-500 florins if you sell it.

Would be pretty cool if you could use that Turquoise (and other gems) to create unique swords ofc.

Here's the setup:

Code:
#### LOOT TABLE ####
# NOTE: These are commented out since they do not exist outside of Floris.  If you want to have items awarded as prizes you need to do the following:
#       1) Define these constants with items from your own game.
#       2) In tournament_scripts look for "script_tpe_setup_loot_table" and uncomment the lines of that script.
#       3) Above in this file, set "wp_tpe_mod_opt_award_items_on_win" to 1.
# # Low Range Items
tpe_loot_item_201           = "itm_wine"
tpe_loot_item_202           = "itm_blunderbus"
tpe_loot_item_203           = "itm_furs"
tpe_loot_item_204           = "itm_colored_lance_a"
tpe_loot_item_205           = "itm_dedal_kufel"
tpe_loot_item_206           = "itm_dedal_lutnia"
tpe_loot_item_207           = "itm_dedal_lira"
tpe_loot_item_208           = "itm_woodcutter_axe"
tpe_loot_item_209           = "itm_mining_pickaxe"
tpe_loot_item_210           = "itm_coffee"
# Medium Range Items
tpe_loot_item_211           = "itm_gold"
tpe_loot_item_212           = "itm_ivory"
tpe_loot_item_213           = "itm_tobacco"
tpe_loot_item_214           = "itm_barbuta_a"
tpe_loot_item_215           = "itm_jaguar_armour"
tpe_loot_item_216           = "itm_flemish_armet"
tpe_loot_item_217           = "itm_greatbascinet_a"
tpe_loot_item_218           = "itm_kettlehat_a"
tpe_loot_item_219           = "itm_col_byzantion"
tpe_loot_item_220           = "itm_legionair_helmet"
tpe_loot_item_221           = "itm_ore_gold"
tpe_loot_item_222           = "itm_ore_silver"
tpe_loot_item_223           = "itm_natives_gemstones"
tpe_loot_item_224           = "itm_natives_fine_turquoise"
tpe_loot_item_225           = "itm_natives_emerald"
tpe_loot_item_226           = "itm_natives_amber"
tpe_loot_item_227           = "itm_cap_a"
tpe_loot_item_228           = "itm_horse_light_a"
# Higher Range Items
tpe_loot_item_229           = "itm_sturmhaube_4b"
tpe_loot_item_230           = "itm_sturmhaube_5b"
tpe_loot_item_231           = "itm_sturmhaube_6bw"
tpe_loot_item_232           = "itm_sturmhaube_2"
tpe_loot_item_233           = "itm_sturmhaube_3"
tpe_loot_item_234           = "itm_hospitaller_knight_horse_a"
tpe_loot_item_235           = "itm_tevton_knight_horse_a"
tpe_loot_item_236           = "itm_saracin_hard_horses_a"
tpe_loot_item_237           = "itm_horse_tyrk_c"
tpe_loot_item_238           = "itm_strange_sword"
tpe_loot_item_239           = "itm_crozier"
tpe_loot_item_240           = "itm_musket"
tpe_loot_item_241           = "itm_flintlock_pistol_1"

This means the prize items are randomly selected? I tough they where fixed because, up to that tournament,  I always saw the same prize items (Turquoise, an helmet, and a mining pickaxe) Regarding the prize money, is the amount of florins variable too?

Back
Top Bottom