Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Users who are viewing this thread

Chaplain said:
Quintillius said:
That's the point, the Noregrians don't want gunpowder  :smile:. They stick to the old way.

King Gustavus Adolfus will not be happy or impressed by that statement.  :wink:
King Gustavus Adolfus is Christian and so belongs to the Nordic Union which still does advance in tech.
I know that the Noregrians quickly overpower the Union, but that's due to their numerial superiority.
I'll hugely rebalance this for v4.0.

@Gunner
Defense rating of 1?

I can't remember exactly what it's called now, but when it tells you just how good the shield is at tanking hits before it breaks, almost every shield I've seen, large or small, has "1" on it. I've only seen two exceptions, a Reinforced Leather Shield with a 12, and a Knightly Kite Shield with a 26.

e; Resistance, that's what I'm talking about. Most shields have 1 resistance.

This mean my level may decrease and lose stats? And also can IA use them? If bots can't I would play without use them.

Hey, May I ask how many  hidden chests in the game?. Can you tell me the number of  hidden chests in each ruins/jungles/temple and so, please. I dont need to know where exactly they are, I just want to know numbers of chests in each place in order to do not miss any of them when I explore the places.

3x jungles = 4 chests each
Mohtai Statues = 4 chests
Lost Town of Izto = 4 chests
Tribal town = 4 chests
Other lost town = 4 chests
Cave a = 6 chests (enter caves through jungles)
Cave b = I believe 10 gold/silver veins
Uxkhal = 4 chests + Sword of King Harlaus II

Thought i'd put my questions here rather than start a new thread,

So far this is the best mod i've played for a long time! it trumps Silverstag in many areas too (my other favourite mod) I've not enjoyed playing a game of Warband like this in a long time and i've only touched the tip  of the iceberg content wise (still building prestige and buying properties from my trade income) Though that Sarranid bastard who owns Baryye was a right pain in the arse as to open up the city to trading I had to keep doing quests for him only to lose -2 relation for not being a bloody Muslim half the time I spoke to him! Anyway I resolved just to avoid him once I got the relation to 0 and had a good laugh at his expense when his city got overrun by the invading horde!

Anyway these are my questions:

-Why do the villages contain so many religious items and so few resources as in Native? and would it be possible to add money to the villages to make trading viable (as in silverstag, they were a great place to sell tools which made logical sense them being peasants)

-Cathars, I've managed to get a reign in on them though when entering a village in the middle of the desert at night it's not a nice suprise to be ambushed by about 8 of them with no companions to support me, could this be changed?

-Is there an option for disabling companion interaction (i've not seen any thus far, though I only have 3 and they are based on the same ones I think they are in Native, I like to play on an extremely high difficulty level so I enjoy having a crack support team for my trading Caravan!

-Is it just me or are the Tournament opponents near invincible when you get above a certain level? I can have 21 strength with 7 points of Ironflesh and Power Strike and it still takes 3 - 5 hits of a two handed sword to knock one down, and they take me out in one hit almost everytime, with any weapon and are too fast to react to! and I really don't want to water down my tournaments to 1 v 1 fights, at best I win 1/3 of tournaments in an 8 vs 8 match where most of the enemies are Lords and companions, otherwise it's near impossible without switching to baby mode.

-Would it be possible in future to allow players to set up their own trade caravans between cities without being a King? a bit like in Fire & Sword though with less hassle so you can just leave them to get on with it

-And finally are there any more secrets in the old Ruins of Uxhal and next to the Papal city? I've had a good look around though have only found the sword and feel like I might be on a wild goose chase!

Great work so far with this mod it's truly amazing!

Good to see you like the mod =)!

1) Because there are so many religious items ingame. The game
selects them for the village inventories + both the 15th and 16th centuries
are known as a saeculum ferrorum, an iron age similiar to iron lady.
Because there were so many bloody religious fights. Blood of millions
coloured the fields of Europe red.

2) Nah, someone here around dared to say the Cathars are easy. So I might
give them firearms and cannons.

3) Good idea. I hate companions complains as well.

4) The tournament are a OSP feature so I don't have much
knowledge of the logic behind it.

5) Good idea! I'll remember it.

6) There're 4 chests at the place of the ruins of Uxkhal. The old capital
of Aldurias can be restored if you own the city. Bring back the marble temples =).

Quintillius said:
2) Nah, someone here around dared to say the Cathars are easy. So I might
give them firearms and cannons.
Specifically about this point, I don't think it's their weapons that are lacking, rather their armor, and perhaps their stats. A (albeit cracked) black plate armor having equal stats to my mail with tabard does seem a bit underpowered for knights. Especially as I was able to take on war parties with mid-tier units almost 1:1 size and come out with only a few casualties.

Plate armor in general need a look at. Although maybe not the most apt example for this mod, in the real world you either had a blunt weapon to inflict concussive force, try and stab between the open parts with great difficulty or simply tire the wearer out until it could no longer fight. An increase in protective stats along with a weight increase might be a good compromise in this situation.

I'm a Zendar vassal now. If I started building my own castle now and then I'd leave Zendar before the construction finishes, what happens? Does it stay mine and automatically gives me my own kingdom? And if I dont leave Zendar will I still egt the fief?

I'd like to ask about the horses in this game. I notice that in version 2.0 (which I have installed) Warhorses have around 40 armor and similar stats to a Hunter, when they are clearly supposed to have superior armor. Has this changed in newer versions? As in, are there horses that have armors above 40-41? Because every horse in the game seems to have that same armor value.

Yeah there needs to be a better balance between item stats. But that's such a time consuming process that I tend to delay this every time.
The best thing what could happen is someone here offering help to rebalance all items.

Quintillius said:
Yeah there needs to be a better balance between item stats. But that's such a time consuming process that I tend to delay this every time.
The best thing what could happen is someone here offering help to rebalance all items.
Although I only got a rough idea of finely balancing each item, I'd be willing to check on it and at least look at the most extreme cases.

Is there a way to acquire steel bars for blacksmithing without buying them from the market or guild?

I'd quite like to be able to refine the iron I mined into steel myself.

Edit: Right, I overlooked the option at the smelting tower. Sorry for the stupid question.

What religion are the different factions? Some are obvious I know, I'm more thinking of the Christian ones,

Which Nation is Catholic? The Swadians? Anglican, is that the Rhodoks? what about Zendar I read they are atheists? and i'm presuming the Vaegir's are Orthodox?

Rhodoks and Zendar are definitely catholic. Swadians are divided in protestants and catholic. Nordic union is protestant.
But religion branches have only a visual effect as I didn't have time yet to properly implement them.

There needs to be some event with a guy hammering his thesis on the doors of a church triggering bloody religious wars through Swadia.

Quintillius said:
Rhodoks and Zendar are definitely catholic. Swadians are divided in protestants and catholic. Nordic union is protestant.
But religion branches have only a visual effect as I didn't have time yet to properly implement them.

There needs to be some event with a guy hammering his thesis on the doors of a church triggering bloody religious wars through Swadia.

I am impressed with the level of detail you've gone into with the religions (I work for the Archbishop of York's legal team irl) and am very interested in the history of religions, though i'm not religious myself.

Back
Top Bottom