Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Users who are viewing this thread

If I remember correctly there is a Changelog text file within the Nova Aetes folder. Just look for what the latest version was then.

Im a merc for Swadia and got a mission to infiltrate the capital of the Mithradian Empire and finding a spy. The issue is every time i try to enter the town i just get a messege that its too heavily guarded and i get arested right on the spot.

Other enemy towns i can enter easily so i assume its some special feature, guess i would have to conquer the town to actually speak to the spy, but that wont happen anytime soon xD

Also a bit silly that even if i sneak into a enemy town, i cannot enter any place even in disguise. Though i think its related to the lord not liking me more then being at war with the lords faction. Of course a lord wont like me if i kick his butt in battle.  :mrgreen:

Ah_Zhou said:
One last question before continuing to play. Athesim gives no religious benefits right? So can I convert my citizens, with all the religious uniformity and what not to atheists? But why would an atheist even need a guy to spread religion :mrgreen:

Right, that would be done via 'university' type upgrades.  Then you'd at least get that as a bonus for going with atheist.

On a side note, anyone know how to get the skins used in tailoring without buying them? higher crafting skill doesn't seem to make them show up in loot after hunting a herd of animals.  Hey, adding a herd function to farms would be pretty cool.

Hello.

I'm a medieval nut and pretty much dislike 16th century plus stuff.
Is there a way for me to disable technology alltogether?

Thank you.

What are the major changes that occur when factions reach higher technology tiers? I've noticed cannon and firearms supplies showing up in shops as well as pikeman buffcoats, but do vassal army compositions change? Do NPC units ever end up using firearms?

- Kingdom management
* Choose a leader title (King, Sultan, Sjah, Antipope, Tsar, …)
* Every title has its own ‘crown’, given to player upon decision
* ‘King’ title will grant the Swadian culture group, ‘Sultan’ will give you access to desert troops
* Choose kingdom banner and kingdom colour
* Kingdom mechanics:    tax, religious uniformity, balance of power, technological research, debts
* Low Religious Uniformity destroys income. Heretics don’t pay
* Invest weekly in technological research to gain better stats for all kingdom troops
  and to unlock new troop tiers. Here is an overview of technological stages:

Stage I       
Feudal technology (default)

Stage II       
+4 Ironflesh,
+1 Power Strike
+5 % Income

Stage III   
+ Troop Tier (reflecting 15th century)
+5 % Income

Stage IV   
+25 Men in lord's parties
+5% Income

Stage V       
+1 Agility
+1 Power Strike
+5% Income

Stage VI   
+ Troop Tier (reflecting 16th century)
+5% Income

Stage VII     
+1 Agility
+4 Ironflesh
+5% Income

* Your relationship with vassals will fade away over time, keep them happy, grant titles, give letters of   
  approval to avoid them defecting to other kingdoms
* Kingdom Balance of Power, grant power if you need something

Clergy      -  Increases Religious Uniformity, reduces corruption
  Nobility      -  Larger army for every lord, proclaiming edicts easier
  Commoners  -  (Large) income boosts

* Appoint people for the council (diplomat, steward, treasurer, court chaplain)

Chancellor / Grand Vizier
* Appoint councillors
* Change banner and kingdom colour
* Proclaim edicts

Diplomat
* Dispatch an emissary to maintain diplomatic relations with other kingdoms

Steward
* Grant titles to your vassals (Earl, Udelniy Knyaz, Sheik, Duke, …)
* Improve relations with your vassals
* Keep track on technological research

Treasurer / Tax Assessor
* Repay kingdom debts
* Invest in trade
* Invest in the kingdom
* Set King’s Purse (your salary)
* Donate to kingdom treasury
* Get financial information

Court Chaplain / Court Imam
* Increase Religious Uniformity (assign Head Inquisition, spend gold, grant privileges to clergy)
* Pray (for personal use)

* Economical mechanics:

Tax        -  Towns are great sources for tax income, castles are not and villages a little
Trade Tariffs      -  Villages provide greatly to trade. However trade can collapse  during wartime
Commoner Gifts    -  Give power to the commoners and they will be grateful
State Expenditures  -  As your kingdom grows, you will face costs
Research Investment  -  Really important to get access to best troops
King’s Purse      -  Your own salaryNoble’s Purses      -  You will pay for noble titles too
Councillors salaries  -  You will pay salaries for councillors like the steward
Interest 5%      -  You will pay interest for debts, created during a deficit
Corruption      -  Depends on King’s Purse, if you grab, everyone will grab. Keep clergy at power to reduce this

* AI: other kingdoms will advance in technology as well

What are those troop tiers? I'm seeing Swadian armored arquebusiers popping up; I'm guessing they only become trainable at a certain tech level? Do you have a list of all available troops in the game for all tech levels?

RedRockRun said:
What are those troop tiers? I'm seeing Swadian armored arquebusiers popping up; I'm guessing they only become trainable at a certain tech level? Do you have a list of all available troops in the game for all tech levels?

From Q:

Swadia

Technology lvl III
Pikeman
Halberdier
Landsknecht

Longbowman
Arquebusier
Armoured Arquebusier

Lancer
Gendarme

Technology lvl VI
Light Pikeman
Sword and Buckler Man

Caliverman
Wheellock Arquebusier
Musketeer

Reiter

Vaegir

Technology lvl III
Pikeman
Bardiche Infantry
Boyar Son

Arquebusier
Armoured Arquebusier

Lancer
Cossack

Technology lvl VI
Armoured Pikeman
Dismounted Cossack

Caliverman
Wheellock Arquebusier

Cossack Gunner

Nordic Union

Technology lvl III
Pikeman
Billman
Varangian Guard

Arquebusier

Lancer
Nobleman

Technology lvl VI
Armoured Pikeman
Svenmer (greatsword users)

Caliverman
Wheellock Arquebusier
Musketeer

Mounted Arquebusier

Rhodoks

Technology lvl III
Pikeman
Halberdier
Pollaxe Guard

Arquebusier
Armoured Arquebusier

Lancer
Gendarme

Technology lvl VI
Armoured Pikeman
Rodelero
Caliverman
Wheellock Arquebusier
Musketeer

Mounted Arquebusier

Sarranids

Technology lvl III
Spearman
Axe Man
Qaraghulam Guard

Arquebusier
Armoured Arquebusier

Al-fin (lancers)
Javelineer Cavalry

Technology lvl VI
Armoured Spearman
Elite Infantry
Caliverman
Wheellock Arquebusier
Musketeer

Mounted Arquebusier

Other factions do not have technological troop improvements

Any way I can change the new keybindings? The prompt said Enter brings up the kingdom management screen, but Enter does nothing - nor is it bound to anything to begin with.

Ah well that's cricket at least. Only how do I issue commands? All I see is a summary page, and the Chancellor only gives me the option to switch Marshals and retire and replace him with a party member. Is that the trick then? Replace the nameless chancellor with a companion and get more management options?

I have to ask, whats with "every" village elder telling me "No Go away we dont want your kind here!" or so when i try to buy supplies (and buying supplies is not visible from the village screen).

In christina so cannot be my religion i assume since i tried it in Christian nations like Swadia. (Some towns work, one thats +10 with me so accepting doesnt work )

5.0!  :shock: :party:

Seems like Steam updated automatically.
Good thing: 5.0!
Bad thing: Savegames...

Is there a best practice for getting/exporting my character  from an old version?
I guess I'd have to install 4.1 again and export then? Is there a working lnik for downloading it?  :ohdear:

Back
Top Bottom