Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Users who are viewing this thread

Yes, go to the colony, go to construct buildings mode, select the one you want and press supr or delete (I'm spanish and I dont know how that button apears in the English keyboard)

Hernanxd16 said:
Yes, go to the colony, go to construct buildings mode, select the one you want and press supr or delete (I'm spanish and I dont know how that button apears in the English keyboard)
Nope, I meant an already saved building

How can I tell if the cannons are firing? 

Edit: Basically I need Cannons for Dummies, as I just can't seem to do it right.  :facepalm:

Cannons for Dummies

1. Buy/hire the following:
  • Cannon
  • Gunpowder
  • Cannonballs
  • Cannoneers (2 per cannon)

2. Following abilities possible:
  • Press 4 then hold F1 to place a flag on the battlefield which the cannoneers will shoot at
  • Go to cannon, aim at the barrel and hold down F to manually fire it, then load, use arrow keys UP/DOWN to set angle and press F to fire.

Thank you so much!  I see, 2 per cannon.  I had only 1 per  and, do they still shoot on their own?  Or do I have to tell them where to shoot?

Love the mod btw, I can't even play any other.  And after all the cannons frustration, town building was soo relaxing.  A great way to ease the tension after a defeat or other set back.

I don't know how you do it:smile:

Is it possible to get differnt jobs (blacksmith, carpenter etc..) in various cities or are you limited to 1 only for the all game?

Other question, how to make steel from iron? hard time understanding how it works in the mine
-> Found how to do it: once you put the selected ore in the cart, you need to hold the action key pressed (not used to his mechanic and confused every time)

Maybe a suggestion would be to indicate (Hold the key) bellow every item that require this for action

I have a question about the formula regarding technological advancement written in the options
dzlcx.jpg

The -3 at the beginning stand for -3%?

Hello, maybe this has been answered before, but could you please just tell me how to use cannons. I have cannoneers and cannons and cannonballs, but when in battle there is a cannon with cannoneer but it says out of ammo, how do I charge it with ammo?

ludyc said:
Hello, maybe this has been answered before, but could you please just tell me how to use cannons. I have cannoneers and cannons and cannonballs, but when in battle there is a cannon with cannoneer but it says out of ammo, how do I charge it with ammo?

Do you have gunpowder? Without gunpowder you can't fire cannons.

smeeinnit said:
ludyc said:

Well no actually, thank you dear sir. Do I buy it at the goods merchant and how rare is it?

ludyc said:
smeeinnit said:
ludyc said:

Well no actually, thank you dear sir. Do I buy it at the goods merchant and how rare is it?

Yes to the goods vendor At Arms merchant, not certain about the rarity, I've found it in a number of places, so not any rarer than the cannonballs AFAIK.

As a commoner, I was getting a lot of prestige by making profit every month but now that I am a noble, I do not get any anymore. Is this normal or a bug?

I am also still getting money from rents in ennemy cities, is it intended?

Nobles don't get prestige anymore from making profit. This is only for the higher class since it's their main goal.

v4.0 changelog said:
- Now you'll become labourer upon taking an apprenticeship and get the prestige
- You'll now lose prestige if you have debt and are part of middle/higher class (-5 per 1000 debt)
- Higher/middle class can now earn prestige by having positive budget (+5 per 1000 profit)

You get rent from enemy cities, why not?

War historically, especially in the 15th-17th century, took place locally. Total war is an invention of the 20th century. In earlier time
there was a major fight now and then. They didn't block any trade nor use scorched earth or such. Especially trading with the enemy
was considered normal. There's an exception for putting land for ransom. Pay or we'll burn your land. That was pretty common then.

The Netherlands for example during the Eighty Years o' War just traded with the Spanish.

Back
Top Bottom