Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Users who are viewing this thread

I do have a question about a fight.
everythime the enemy is forming a strait long line and doesn´t attack.
What can i do to make them attack like a groep.

Or where do i have to change it so that they attack us like a groep.

sorry for my englisch

I want to add PBOD and shield bash to your wonderful mod. Would I need the source files to add these mods to your mod? I know you are a very busy person but I wonder if you could post instructions as to how to add a mod to your mod? Thank you in advance.

That is big task, if you want to do that there are plenty of tutorials on modding, I suggest you read those and then read up on pbod and shield bash and see what changes it makes to the code and where those changes are and that will tell you what code needs to go where. This is not a simple task, and you will need to do the reading up yourself and learn some M&B modding knowledge.

Future realeases will have a formation mod, and i think something like a shield bash will get thrown in along the way at some point. 9because who doesn't enjoy smacking a shield in the face of an opponent. Well me... because I like to smash a big axe into the face of my opponent... but that is beside the point.

Wouldnt you also need the source code to make significant change to the mod  ? if im not mistaken the code in SoD is quite different then the usual mods, it seems computica would be the best person to say what to change assuming ofc that the person is familiar with merging OSP to mods. If you do change it please let me know it seems to be one of the few things lacking in SoD atm.

Could I suggest an update to the Q/A on the first page?  Specifically:

Q:Why can't i siege a enemy castle?
A:You have to be on bad terms with a faction before you can siege castles and take other hostile actions. Try doing something hostile like attacking that factions villagers or attacking a factions Lord. Make sure you installed the mod right and that you have the latest patch! All the contents should go in a folder under your module directory in one folder.

Castle should be Town.....you can lay siege to a castle w/o declaring war on the faction, doing so will be the declaration of war, but you cannot besiege a town w/o hostilities already being underway.

I haven't checked this myself, but reasons you might not be able to siege an "enemy" castle could be because they aren't the enemy.  If you are a vassal or merc, perhaps your king made peace with the faction you were about to siege, but you didn't notice.  You cannot start a war when you are a vassal or merc via hostile actions, only the king or the enemy faction's ruler can do that.  You also might not be able to siege when still under the duration of a truce, non-agression pact, or any other treaty.  Not sure about all of that though.

Has anything changed in the way morale is calculated? I remember thinking that with good leadership & food you could get away with having 0 in the Recent Events category and still have max morale, but apparently not?

mb_warband2013-03-0217-34-49-78.png

Apparently, since your leadership and food bonuses have a maximum, at some point it doesn't matter. Even if my food bonus was only at +1 and I had no leadership, the final morale would be *all* current events.

That's pretty hilarious.

manekemaan said:
leadership/food only has a decent boost until a certain party size
Yeah, I figured. If I somehow had +50 from food and +150 from Leadership it STILL wouldn't do anything. That's a bit of a silly system, since leadership's bonuses become less useful:
1) More soldiers - you'll soon have the ability to carry enough soldiers that this won't help at all.
2) More morale - literally no effect on the parties where you WANT more morale (ie: the large ones).
3) Less paid in wages - this is pretty ok, though it isn't *too* hard to keep up with all the wages. I tried keeping every single village and town and stacking pretty painful deathstacks in the towns, it worked alright. Probably if you have two towns (one frontier, one for the capital) this wouldn't help nearly that much.

Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone had any new news about the status of SOD Warlords?

It is easily the best mod for Warband, I am hoping Computica and his team keeps it alive.

-especially if we can get a version where we could play as the vanilla factions & Imperials

-Great Job guys, Keep it Alive!

-- On a side note has anyone heard about Bannerlord since last Sept.? Been very quiet

Hercine said:
Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone had any new news about the status of SOD Warlords?

It is easily the best mod for Warband, I am hoping Computica and his team keeps it alive.

-especially if we can get a version where we could play as the vanilla factions & Imperials

-Great Job guys, Keep it Alive!

-- On a side note has anyone heard about Bannerlord since last Sept.? Been very quiet
The reason I haven't been active is because my gaming computer is broken. To make matters worse its a laptop. So I've decided to start building a desktop computer from scratch. It'll be a while until I get the funds for it though. So for now the mod is on a serious pause until I can build a new PC.

Is it normal that no lord has defected to my faction yet for a VERY long time and yet I have 100 right to rule and about 12 open fiefs? Including 3 towns.

Additional info: I started my kingdom at day 1 after a bloody siege against the Nords. Since then I have been increasing right to rule and through 160 days, no lord has defected to my kingdom. In fact, no lord has defected at all, I think. Please help! I want to know if my game is bugged and if I have to start a new one

Back
Top Bottom