Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Users who are viewing this thread

Just wait 'till we begin working on the story. It will have many events and side-quests and ultimately an invasion from a new powerful faction. But Computica aims to implement and perfect as many SOD features as possible first so that'll be a while...

MorrisB said:
Just wait 'till we begin working on the story. It will have many events and side-quests and ultimately an invasion from a new powerful faction. But Computica aims to implement and perfect as many SOD features as possible first so that'll be a while...
The hard part about getting another invasion to be challenging will be game balancing the invasion strength vs. the defensive array.  Handling that remotely using AI coding will be a challenge.  A fixed amount of troops coming from a single point will be a giant performance hit on the main map. 

Now if all the bandit spawn points started spouting invaders and the invader-bandits could combine to capture towns and keeps, that would be a challenge. It could be a religious challenge, like communism, that converted all the bandits and deserters to a single standard.  It would help if the invader-bandits had practices that made "The Void" worshipers go "Eeewww!" but this is a "family" mod, so that might not be advisable. You could make the Sword of Damocles be the coming of the "Unifier" who will purge all of Ponovosa of the evils of individual longing and make all men as one, restore honor to the debased, feed the hungry, give justice to all, provide cradle-to-grave health care, implement the 30 hour work week, develop miraculous new science, cure the diseased, straighten the crippled, and put a chicken in every pot!  You know, a big liar who kills anybody who questions the delivery of his promises.  (I work with a bunch of refugees, my take on the promises of communism was fairly clear before I started meeting victims of those promises.) 

That might shorten the development cycle of the Sword of Damocles stuff because instead of developing new troop types, you'd just be getting all the bandits to unify.  Possibly cook the books to emphasize higher level deserter groups, but a whole bunch of lower level deserters would make more sense because if recruits weren't easy to manipulate, they wouldn't be recruits. 

When the time comes to the invasion I actually have my own plans on how to implement/simulate the invasion, "code wise". With 4.0 becoming a more promising release for me I've been making improvements in many areas. Many of the major mechanics have been changed and altered in some way.

Daedelus_McGee said:
Computica said:
There isn't no such thing as "winning M&B" it's a sandbox game. 4.0 will be a much more solid game when it's released. No more incomplete areas. After 4.0 the MP development begins. Then after 5.0 is released we will drop the TC tag and move on to actual story and quest development.
Wait, you mean nobody's going to send me a "I Conquered M&B:Warband!" t-shirt?  What a gyp! 

But who has been sending me cookies every time I capture a castle? 

Oh, damn! I've got a stalker!

Guilty as charged.... :razz:

Bail said:
Daedelus_McGee said:
Computica said:
There isn't no such thing as "winning M&B" it's a sandbox game. 4.0 will be a much more solid game when it's released. No more incomplete areas. After 4.0 the MP development begins. Then after 5.0 is released we will drop the TC tag and move on to actual story and quest development.
Wait, you mean nobody's going to send me a "I Conquered M&B:Warband!" t-shirt?  What a gyp! 

Then where are you getting the Pecan Sandies?

Daedelus_McGee said:
Bail said:
Daedelus_McGee said:
Computica said:

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/pecan-sandies/Detail.aspx :razz:

Bail said:
Daedelus_McGee said:
Bail said:
Daedelus_McGee said:
Computica said:

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/pecan-sandies/Detail.aspx :razz:
Pecan sandies are better than soda crackers for fighting seasickness, when they're made right. If you get them with too much butter or shortening, you'll be painting the walls with your stomach.  I also recommend Indonesian ginger candy: http://www.roxytrading.com/pages/products_result.asp?cat=-25 if you are going to sea after being on shore a while. I've never gotten even a little sick after having Ting Ting Jahe.

manekemaan said:
just try it, what doesnt kill you makes you stronger ^^

and you can't die in this game :p

yet
Hah love the 'yet' part :b

Well i have just conquered the Rhodoks, and i might have killed of their king after i captured him... Two days later, every faction declares war on me and every lord is at -40 relations if not lower... i dun goofed...

Is there any way to control who goes with you into a battle? On a regular fight, its nice to have a wide selection of units, but if I'm storming a castle or town I would rather have a nice group of my huscarls trying to take the fort than my cavalry who will just get slaughtered.

Computica said:
Until we get PBOD in-game, the default way is to order you troops by priority. The troops at the top of your party list go to battle first. The ones at the bottom go last.

So is there any way to change which ones are up top and which ones are at the bottom in order to influence it or is it just stuck till you get this PBOD in the game?

Also, grife you hit that back quick!

kechlion said:
Computica said:
Until we get PBOD in-game, the default way is to order you troops by priority. The troops at the top of your party list go to battle first. The ones at the bottom go last.

So is there any way to change which ones are up top and which ones are at the bottom in order to influence it or is it just stuck till you get this PBOD in the game?

Also, grife you hit that back quick!

Just click on the unit you want to move up and in their picture will be buttons to push to either move them up the list or down this is all in the party screen

It is a pain in the tuchus to swap out order in the field.  Once you have a castle, an OK way to speed up the transition is to offload all your troops into the castle (remember to CTRL-left click to move everybody at once) and onload them in the way you want for the kind of combat you want to engage in.  When hunting bandits, load cavalry at the top to harry and destroy the light units.  When taking castles, put your elite infantry and archers as your leads.  Let your rookies watch from the sidelines and learn in training.  The best units for the combat in question is the way to go.

One of the very nice things about this mod is that you can build a very tall stack of different troop types without crashing.  Use that depth to protect your rookies. Keep in mind that if your troop stack looks like a water balloon held by the tie, narrow at the top and bulging at the bottom, the recruits will filter in and get beat upon. 

Pleas when im hire a vassal where can im find him? and is a bug when beginn a battle i see i got renow 25 but when im win i got just 15 or less. i got always less renow. sry for english and perfect work i ****ing love this mode :grin:

Back
Top Bottom