Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Users who are viewing this thread

boogie85 said:
@Caba`drin, but my court is already at my town. And I don't own any other castle. Those are all for my lords.  I can already hold feasts and handing out fiefs etc. So i suppose it isn't necessary for me to change that.

My guess is that if you clicked that option now it would say something like "Nevermind." It only matters if you take another town/castle for yourself and you'd rather have it be your capital...and once you move your court there, you'd be free to give your old fief to another if you so chose. But, as it stands, you should be all set.

This has been my biggest frustration with this game. I'm playing diplomacy mod because of the abilty to bribe lords for favor with caravan.
I have 9 non-hero Nordic lords who are "friends" with approval ratings of 32 to 47.
3 of them are unhappy with Ragnar.
My right to rule is 66. Honor 50. Renown over 1000.
I have made all 5 of my noble heroes vassals with fiefs.
I have about 9 unclaimed fiefs.
I have conquered maybe half of nordland and half of vaegirland.
I am using Lethwin to win over the Nord lords.
None of the Lords will join. Most of them are unhappy with Ragnar and state they'll be in a better position in my court.
None have agreed to leave Ragnar.
I've approached unfiefed lords with approval ratings in the 20s, and they all feel unsafe leaving the last 6 Nordic holdings.

Also, the "final" decision of Lords once I demand they make a decision is very annoying.
I've learned to save before I ask, but it's very time-consuming.
Finally, the Nordic Lords refuse to speak to me in private when other Lords are nearby.
This makes speaking to them impossible because they remain bunched in groups in their few remaining castles/towns.
We definitely need to fix this.
What can I or we do?

boogie85 said:
Captain_Octavius said:
boogie85 said:
Captain_Octavius. It is possible with morgh's tools. Don't know if it works but you can change it so i suppose it works.

I know that, I don't like downloading third party software for a single tweak I want to make though, so I posted how to do it manually.

Lost you there. Morgh's tools is a program. You can edit the text files easily by selecting where the .txt come from and then click on factions.txt. There you have to change player supporters for your own faction colour and player faction for your own party. So i think it is simplier than search through the .txt file and search for the colour numbers. But everybody got his own opinion

I know what Morgh's tools is. It's a program, so it's piece of software, it's not from Taleworlds or myself, so it's from a third party. Hence I called it third party software.  :grin:

What I said is exactly what I meant. I am not going to download another (already have the Troop Editor, Battlesizer, Module System, TweakMB, BRF Editor) application for just a single tweak that is easily done manually. But indeed, each to their own, this is a pointless conversation/discussion (and the wrong place to have them as well, so I shouldn't actually be posting this.  :roll:).

Both options are handy. Let's say they are both well to use:wink:

And Caba`drin, when i tried the option I saw sungetche castle was one of my fiefs too. Forgotten. But thanks for your help

ellwoodis said:
This has been my biggest frustration with this game. I'm playing diplomacy mod because of the abilty to bribe lords for favor with caravan.
What can I or we do?

@ellwoodis...You have now posted the identical post in 3 threads. Bug Reports and Suggestions (two minutes apart) two days ago, and now here. I'm not sure how spamming the same post is supposed to help, but in any case I would recommend you look at my response to you in the Suggestions thread. It is found here. It includes a series of threads relating specifically to how lord recruitment works, examples similar to yours of how difficult it can be some times, and suggestions for recruiting appropriate lords and working at those more difficult honorable lords.

In your post, you mention the main way Diplomacy already makes the process vastly easier than native--you can send lords gifts to boost your relation. When I play as King, a huge chunk of my income goes to woo-ing potential vassals and keeping vassals happy by this mechanism. Some lords, you need near perfect relations with to get them to switch...others are much easier. Each have different personalities you must take into account. But again, all of this is covered in the posts I've linked you to here.

I completed a campaign (finally resorting to use the C-f4 cheat) recently with Lethwin and the Nords using advice from the above links.  As a recap, I started my investigation with saving before requesting their oaths when I had 50% of the Nordic kingdom and 50% of the Vaegir Kingdom, 5 of my own companions made into Lords and 2 Lords that Harlaus had indicted for treason.  That left about 14 viking Jarls to win over.
At the start of this quest, my RTR, Reknown and honor were extremely high. Perhaps 100, 1200, and 110.  I did constant missions with my emissaries to other kingdoms to get RTR.
I deciphered the Lords' relation to their king with one of my ministers.  Is there a way to get a numeric value for this?
Lords that were loyal to cooperative never budged from their oath, even when their King was down to 1 town.
3 of the 6 indifferent and grumbling Jarls never budged until I started taking other Jarls hostage.  Isolation or non-isolation from other armies had little to do with the turnings.
1 indifferent, calculating Jarl who owned a castle turned on a land offer, even though my favor with him was only 7.
In the end, after mutiple entreaties, I fought and imprisoned every loyal to cooperative Jarl.
The 5 remaining Jarls were mostly angry with Ragnar (in my dungeon), but refused to talk with me when they were hold up in their town. When they sallied out, they came out in a group and wouldn't talk politics either.
I won over the Lord of the last town at try number 5 with a relationship of 40.  Then the town became mine and the Jarls fled.
I intercepted all of 4 Jarls and 2 of them swore to Lethwin.  The others kept their loyalty and I let go in hopes they would come back.
A day later, when Lethwin started his feast, all the vanished Jarls reappeared in a happy mood.

I found all the money I spent on caravans of oil and wine to improve my favor with Lords had little influence on the chances of defection or their dialog.
For example, even at 50, they would still say "I will be in a better political position in the court of my liege."  Many of them admitted that they were more comfortable in my court. But no change in defection.

My advice: Get relationship levels to 20 for indifferent or calculating jarls, conquer at least 66% of the castles/towns, imprison their loyal Lords with a little help from TweakMB, release the Lords you want, and start lurking with an army size larger than theirs (I had 150). Take the castles and towns owned by loyal lords, otherwise, the unloyal ones will just sit in the capital forever.  Watch with all lights on, and approach the Lords over and over again with the best line seeking their oath. Quit without saving after each rejection because they will never discuss the issue again.

I never figured out how to speak to the angry Lords holed up in the Capital until I finally took that city with cheats.  They would never talk coming out nor going back, because they had no lands to patrol around.  Their needs to be an option added to dialog with a Lord regardless of the presence of other allied Lords.  Maybe a secret emissary.

Hello everyone!

I have a question. When i had a fife, for example a village, is it possible to get a second fiew, a town or a castle. Or maybe a second village?
Or get i only one when i conquer same?

Greetings from Germany
Nico

It depends on certain factors, the most important being your controversy and your relations with most lords (including the king).

You can ask for lords to support you by conversing with them and asking them who they support.

General rule of thumb is that the King usually has the largest say and you ought to have his support at least to obtain a more than decent chance of getting that pretty castle or town you just help captured.

That would depend on your lord's disposition. You can go around to all the lords and ask them who they think deserves the fief. Just pick the lord with the most votes and you can at least lose relations with less lords. Although some times all the lords vote for themselves so you can just give em the finger and take the fief yourself.

There is something wrong with these... I had 9% Tax inneficiency. When I asked my minister to make more people as serfs the tax inneficiency WENT UP to 14%, I reloaded the game and told him to give more rights to the people and it WENT DOWN... that's not right!!!
My society is very plutocratic but trades are decreasing (I cannot tell how but the prosperity is always lowering) and the vassals ike me more every month instead of the other way around.
When I ask to make government more centralized my tax inneficiency goes up.... that's not right at all!!!!
PLEASE, FIX THESE ISSUES. They are all the other way around I think...
I cannot measure how much stronger/weaker my armies are, and what that +x% trade really does. All I know is that my kingdom is messed up and the opposite of what I want it to be like... is there a way I can change these in the files or something? I want to alter them so I don't have to wait a year to change them all each month. Thanks.

Hello again.

What are the things that trigger loss of relation with a vassal?

A few times recently I received messages stating that I lost relationship by 2 points with just about all of my vassals.
I used to automatically gain relationship with vassals about once a week or so, now I'm losing it and I'm not sure why.

I got the message after helping villages from a fief of one of my lords - was this in any way related?

I try to keep them all happy with feasts and taking on resolve dispute quests as often as possible, but now it seems that I'm overlooking something.
Would changing my Kingdom's government type have any effect on Lord relations?

I apologise if this is not Diplomacy related - I've had a good forum search and couldn't find an answer.

Thanks,

Ugly.

I think it has something to do with your choices for taxes, serf freedom and the rest of that stuff. But I don't actually know wich one you have to change for this.

Allright i got my empire up and running and wil do some ally with swadian and pwn the sarranid guys :mrgreen:.
I have made non-aggresion with Swadian but they wont roconise me as king :evil:!!! even trought i got "17" realation with their kingdom and 50 RTR
what do i do?? :neutral:
do i have to get more RTR? :neutral:
or do they just hate me, and i need to kill em? :twisted:
is it importent that they are anciest to climb "old land" now held by me even trought i toke it from Rhodoks? and they never had hold it :idea:

What do i have to do to make Swadia recognition me as king?      <-------------------- 'MY QUESTION'---------------------<

and to the last thing, GREATEST MOD EVER :mrgreen:
and sry for bad english

pls do try to read the first post next time

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,118125.0.html

third party wars is the most important.

For the doofusses around here: third party war means: when kingdom dumbo is at war with kingdom lolzor, and you want to be recognized by kingdom dumbo, go to war with their enemis, the kingdom lolzor.

Back
Top Bottom