Beta
Modded/unmodded
Yes, I used mods.
Dump identifier (optional)
none

AngryPanCake

Sergeant
Summary:
I was playing 1.7.1 on my older PC (ROG Maximus VIII, GTX 970, 32 Gb RAM, Windows 10) with no major issues for a while until the language problems (after 1.8.0 or so) and then the governor/health and whatever errors started crashing the game consistently. The Mod fixes on Nexus took care of that.

I upgraded my PC and after a Hiatus I came back. I've been playing with the same Mods (RBM, Diplomacy, Allegiance, and a few smaller ones that worked fine for a while with 1.7.1) plus the usual utility mods (Harmony, butterlib...etc). I tried some of the most recent versions with their respective Mods, but my game consistemyl crashes. Even the old 1.7.1 that had been stable for a while has been crashing randomly without generating a crash file through Butterlib or BetterExceptionWindow. Then only thing I get is: "The application faced a problem. We need to collect necessary files to fix this problem. Would you like to upload these files now?".
After the initial random crash, restarting the game causes an instant crash. I figured by deleting the Bannerlord file in Documents the game then goes through the start process, but then crashes within a few seconds to minutes of game play.
Also, the game caused a few BSOD's and several crashes with PC restarts.

I went through the elimination process of trying to figure out whether it is the mods. I install a mod, run the game on fast speed for 4-5 game days, then close, delete Bannerlord files in documents, add a new mod, restart, let it run for a few games days...etc with no issues. Then once I start a game and start palying, a random crash and everything goes to $h!ts. Game keeps crashing on start up. I verify game integrity, nothing. I uninstall then reinstall (45-60 min to download), restart the elimination process and it's the same thing for every version since 1.7.1. Just frustration as FOOOCK.

Now I'm wondering if it's just my new PC. Is there a way to figure out wether it's my machine that's causing the crashes?
After my new build, I stress tested the components, temps were adequate, FPS were great, no hardware issues with anything else!

How to Reproduce: random.
Have you used cheats and if so which: cheat_mode = 1 (in engine_config)
Scene Name (if related): random
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Computer Specs:
GPU: RTX 3070Ti
GPU Driver Version: Nvidia 522.25
CPU: i5-11600K
RAM: 64 GB
Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix z590-E Gaming Wifi
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB

This crash did happen because of the mods installed. If you can reproduce the issue in a new and un-modded campaign please let us know!

Please note that we can’t support any modding-related issues. You can find more information about how to remove modifications here.

Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!

This crash did happen because of the mods installed. If you can reproduce the issue in a new and un-modded campaign please let us know!

Please note that we can’t support any modding-related issues. You can find more information about how to remove modifications here.

Update to frequent crashes:
downloaded version 1.0.2
No Mods
deleted Bannerlord folder in My Documents
verified integrity of local files and restarted a new game

I let the game run with no input, the player's character outside the game start spawn location with no input from player, just standing there and the game crashed.

2022-12-31_01.17.21_00ec4a9a9d998526131739908065fc2b

similar crash again:

Update to frequent crashes:
downloaded version 1.0.2
No Mods
deleted Bannerlord folder in My Documents
verified integrity of local files and restarted a new game

I let the game run with no input, the player's character outside the game start spawn location with no input from player, just standing there and the game crashed.

new crash report: 1.2.23: 2023-01-02_20.30.29_00ec4a9a9d998526131739908065fc2b

Game continues to crash despite new install and no mods:

1.0.2:
2023-01-02_20.30.29_00ec4a9a9d998526131739908065fc2b
2023-01-02_20.45.41_00ec4a9a9d998526131739908065fc2b
2023-01-02_22.19.09_00ec4a9a9d998526131739908065fc2b
2023-01-02_22.58.37_00ec4a9a9d998526131739908065fc2b

1.9.0:
2023-01-02_23.43.47_00ec4a9a9d998526131739908065fc2b

1.0.0: also crashed but there was no error message, just CTD.

Can you please help?

Thanks.

Any info about my crashes?

Thank you, sorry for the late reply. We are aware of this crash and the developers are working towards a fix at the moment.

Thank you for the reply.

I just wanted to clarify:
The original post was about crashes with a modded game.
When you replied and indicated that "This crash did happen because of the mods installed. If you can reproduce the issue in a new and un-modded campaign please let us know!", I uninstalled the game, re-installed a fresh version, deleted Bannerlord Folder in My Documents and started brand new games each time. I did not save or reload any save games. All the crashes happened with a Vanilla game.

I look forward to the response/fix.

Back
Top Bottom