French Grenadiers with Bearskins?

Users who are viewing this thread

Assuming they're in the French line infantry troop tree, does anyone know which troop is specifically wearing a bearskin hat? It's in the quartermaster inventory, but I am still unsure.

Inzunza said:
Heavy Light Infantry...  Wouldn't that make them Medium Infantry?

They are the heavy company of a French light regiment, as grenadiers are of a line one. (from http://www.napolun.com/mirror/napoleonistyka.atspace.com/napoleonic_uniforms.html)
French_military_headwears.gif

"British Bearskins"???
Heh! Heh!
Think "7th Regt (Royal Fusiliers)" for line infantry, and "2nd 'Royal North British' [e.g., 'Scots Greys']" Dragoons for cavalry.
You can make them yourself, by "mixing and matching" existing coats, pants, and other content.
Have fun!

DARoot

[But, to answer the OP's original question - As stated by Bluehawk, in the French Troop Tree, the Legere Carabiniers (index #53) wear the "plain" bearskin [no front plate - "Items_kinds1.txt" index # 872].  The "Vielle Guard Grenadiers" (index #40) wear the more elaborate ["Items_kinds1.txt" index # 910] bearskin. Hope this info helps you. You'd probably want to use the "Items_kinds1.txt # 872" bearskin, with your British troops...]

"Heavy light infantry?" -- Oh, play as an Austrian sometime... You get used to it ...

@RhodockSergeant -- You can edit "Troops.txt" manually in Notepad, if you know what all those numbers mean.
A much easier way is to use Morgh's Editor.
Use its "Item Editor" to find the item/clothing/whatever that you want in "Items_kinds1.txt" and write down the Index Number.
Then, use its "Troop Editor" to add that item to your selected troop's Inventory (the big box on the upper right.  You select the item to add from a "picklist" box on the lower right of the Editor Screen].

If you want to get fancy, Morgh's Editor allows you to create entirely new troop types, by "copying" an existing troop, re-name the copy to something unique, and add it (to the BOTTOM) of "Troops.txt."  You then edit the stats and Inventory/equipment of the copy. It will then get a new Index Number (in "troops.txt"), and you would use that to assign your new troops in-game, either to an existing "troop tree" upgrade path, or to Parties and/or Party Templates (which makes them show up in NPC Lords/Vassals groupings).

You need to read the Instructions and FAQs for Morgh's Editor for more information on all this. [Links are provided in the download].

I already gave you the Item Index Numbers for the existing bearskins.  The rest is up to you.

Happy Gaming!

DARoot

Yeah, man ...

But, it's still simple, compared to, say, creating a brand-new mesh (and the textures to go with it), and inserting it into the game with the Python/TaleWorlds Module Development System...

Gives one a new appreciation for all the time, effort, and hard work Docm, and others, have already put into this very good mod that we have today.

DARoot
[PS -- I've had this game and mod for about a month, and I'm still learning new stuff about it every day].

Not really.  Just observant.

And by the way, you can always travel to France, go to the French Military Depot and purchase 10 bearskins from the Quartermaster, carry then back to England, and hand them out to all your (British) Companions, and yourself.
How's that for easy?
:grin:
DARoot

Bluehawk said:
The Grenadier a Pied de la Vieille Garde (the very last heavy line infantry troop) and Carabinier (heavy light infantry) wear bearskins.

In 1815 Les grenadiers de la vielle et moyenne garde."
In 1810 "Les Grenadiers hollandais" (Dutch in French army)
and "les grenadiers de la garde à cheval"

And no the French "Carabiniers" don't wear a bear skin..

I believe there are documented historical anecdotes about French Carabiniers wearing bearskins being mistaken for Old Guard Grenadiers, causing panic among the enemy ranks.
[Not unlike in WWII, when average G.I.s spotting any German tank would say they were Tigers ...]

DARoot

Back
Top Bottom