Frelancer question

Users who are viewing this thread

I know it isn't a pure 1257 question, but the mod is incorporated in this awesome piece of work. So, if someone could answer, it'd be great. Let's say that you sign up a soldier for a lord, you fight in a battle and you lose. You get captured and after a while you escape. Why are you allowed to keep your issued gear? To me it always seemed like a easy way to get good gear for free. Lose and you get expensive armor and weapons. What are your opinions? Should I track down the lord I was serving and just return into his service? Or should I count my blessings and go on my own with the free gear?  I'm mostly interested in the ethical side of it - not abusing the freelancer mod for a quick start.

Thanks,

Rad

I think that the thing you say applies more in Calradia than in Europe, personally I find quicker to buy knight armor, weapons, and heavy horse with the money that I win in tournaments in Italy, or other hot spots, than the time that I spend amassing 100 or more renown, to enlist as cavalry, and then rise to knight class some weeks later. So I do not really think is abuse in ad1257, maybe in vanilla Freelancer with Calradia, but no in Europe.

oppai said:
I think you get a relationship penalty with the lord and/or kingdom you deserted from but I'm not so sure....:grin:

I'm not deserting mate. I fight for my lord, and if I we happen to lose, I get captured. When I get released, I can avoid returning to my lord and keep my issued weapons and armor with no penalty. That is what I find unfair.

Rad10 said:
oppai said:
I think you get a relationship penalty with the lord and/or kingdom you deserted from but I'm not so sure....:grin:

I'm not deserting mate. I fight for my lord, and if I we happen to lose, I get captured. When I get released, I can avoid returning to my lord and keep my issued weapons and armor with no penalty. That is what I find unfair.
why? You fight for your lord, you are defeated, you are taken prisoner, the enemies bring you around with them who knows where, you lose contact with your party, (you can't call them in the phone). When you manage to get free you have first to survive the travel , you get lost , you never go back because after all that time you are changed, things have changed, nobody can blame you... It's realistic 

If someone is letting you live and feed you rather than kill you right away is because of the ransom he expects someone ( your lord for example) to pay . If he takes you away everything you won't be much useful to your lord after released, he has to arm you again, so he has less money to pay for ransom and so on. If you manage to escape you can keep your armor blaming your lord for not freeing you ecc. ecc. So it works fine, what is your problem? 

Back
Top Bottom