Resolved Freezing on Campaign Map

Users who are viewing this thread

I'm having an issue on the campaign map, currently when moving my party around the map the game will freeze from anywhere between 5-60 seconds very often. I'm at the point where I'm essentially waiting to play the game more than I'm actually playing the game. I'm over 1200 days into my campaign if that helps.

Same here and I believe I know the reason.

Other day my game started to have sound and lag problems when an allied lord tried to attack a lord from another faction that we were not at war with.

As we were not at war, they were in a loop trying to start the "battle", but without success.

This continued until an enemy lord attacked the allied lord, and the neutral lord fled from there.

The game continued with lag for a few seconds and after that everything went back to normal, including the sound.

With this saved gamed, its worse, completely froze. After this save point, walk 2 min in map and you gonna see it!

My saved game: https://drive.google.com/file/d/10nST3avR0YtESWeF8Yc2c7sb6KF1Ltu4/view?usp=sharing

Computer Specs:
GPU: 5700 XT
CPU: Ryzen 5 3600x
RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance
Motherboard: Strix B450-F Gaming
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): M2 SSD 1TB WD Black
Beta 1.4.3

Last edited:
I saw a post a couple weeks back where there was a discussion about this. The consensus it was related to your party's carry capacity. I think the cutoff was around 600,000 lbs where it would start the cause lag spikes. Try to sell off some of your weight, and see if that fixes the issue.

What is the version of the game you are playing currently? (1.4.2 or 1.4.3)
What is your PC Specs?
Are there any modifications that you have installed in this session? If so, can you list them?
Do you have a save file of that session? It will really help us immensely. This way, we can reproduce the issue much easier and faster.
You can send your save files to us via upload.taleworlds.com site. Please put this threads URL into the description field so that we can find it easier.

I saw a post a couple weeks back where there was a discussion about this. The consensus it was related to your party's carry capacity. I think the cutoff was around 600,000 lbs where it would start the cause lag spikes. Try to sell off some of your weight, and see if that fixes the issue.

No its not this. I dropped all my inventory and it happens too.

I uploaded this game save to Marda, let's see.

yeah this is old, it happens, but it appears that is happens more as the game progresses, I'm not sure if that is a memory leak issue, but later the game progresses the more it happens, I have videos on Youtube where it happens

I'm 100% sure there is a problem with partys script.

I saw a lord trying to attack a neutral lord but come they are not enemy's there was no battle, but the ally lord keep trying to engage a neutral lord causing this game froze. I tryied to take pictures but I pressed Print Screen button, not F12, so it dont save any pic.

What is the version of the game you are playing currently? (1.4.2 or 1.4.3)
What is your PC Specs?
Are there any modifications that you have installed in this session? If so, can you list them?
Do you have a save file of that session? It will really help us immensely. This way, we can reproduce the issue much easier and faster.
You can send your save files to us via upload.taleworlds.com site. Please put this threads URL into the description field so that we can find it easier.
I have uploaded my save file to you guys. I'm currently on the 1.4.3 beta patch. I do not have any mods installed.
My specs are:
Intel i7-6700k
ROG Maximus VIII Hero
GTX 1080ti
32GB 3200MHz RAM
Windows 10 64-bit

Back
Top Bottom