Resolved Freeze when talking to ruler of Vlandia

Users who are viewing this thread

I am at war with Vlandia and it's the last kingdom now - me and them have conquered everything else. When I introduce myself (talk for the first time ever) to the ruler of Vlandia when talking on the world map the game instantly freezes when I choose the only dialogue option. I have to kill it via task manager.

This freeze happens only to the ruler, no matter who he/she is. When the ruler was Derthert I crashed while talking to him - solved that by attacking the lord nearby, Derthert joined the battle and I executed both of them. Now Elys is the ruler and the same thing happens - she besieges my castle, I go there, she stops and runs away at the sight of me, I catch up, talk (I want to kill her) and game freezes at that moment. I fear that executing her too will make another lord ho rules Vlandia freeze on talk too.

I've got the same issue with the new ruler of Khuzait (strongest remaining kingdom). But in my case there are still other kingdoms existing. I executed about 80% of the lords and some rulers but this Khuzait guy is the first one where I have this issue.
I'm going to try to recreate Lordzios scenario of killing him via a fight with a different noble and find out if the new ruler will have that issue again.

Edit: the current ruler of Khuzait is called Norogur

I remember reading a post on forums about it(around 1-2 weeks ago). Someone mentioned it being connected to lord/kings having too many towns/castles/fiefs.

Yes it's this stuff

Too many fiefs for NPC to tell you they own in dialogue. Seen other reports too, probably even more since it not immediately apparent what's causing the freeze. They need to fix it, even if in a round about way like just removing the script of lords telling you what they own before battle, really nobody gives a ****. It's persisted over many updates now.

Hello, we are aware of this issue and working hard to fix it as soon as possible. Can you please let me know the version of the game you are having this problem with and if you are playing without mods, please share the save file so that we can investigate it further. If you have mods installed please remove them and verify the integrity of the game files afterward to see if the problem persisting.

Back
Top Bottom