Need More Info FREEZE / STUTTERS

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
Unmodded
We will be updating our telemetry branch this week. So that we can gather the data regarding the issues. Sorry for any inconvenience and thanks for reporting. I will leave a reply here when its updated.

I think it is related to that skins patch. I realized it got worse as more people could afford those custom armors, with the latest update it just became unbearable.
When servers become more populated, fps stutters get worse.

We updated the branch. You can now download and record the gameplay.
We have a special performance build to check for these issues by collecting telemetry data. With that data, we can see exactly where and when the game's performance issues happened.
  • Switch to “perf_test” from the Steam betas tab. You can also use the "perf_test_beta" for the most current beta build-related issues. You can find more info about it here.
  • Open the game as usual and proceed to the stage where you are experiencing performance issues.
  • Before the performance issues start, toggle the profiling tool by holding the “right shift” and pressing the “T” key.
  • Record for 20-30 seconds, press the toggle key combination again. Please keep in mind that, the more you record, the more upload time it will require.
  • Find the "test.tmcap" file in the "...\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\bin\Win64_Shipping_Client" folder. You can find the "Mount & Blade II Bannerlord" folder inside the games installation folder.
  • Finally, you can send the file to us via the ticketing system. You can find more info about how to upload files to us with the new ticketing system here.
  • It is appreciated if you provide more information about your PC, what you were doing while the game was recording, and your graphics configuration. If the data you are trying to upload is too big or the site fails to upload, you can use an alternative site to upload your data. If you choose to do that please left a reply to this thread with the download link.

I'm having the same problem as @Varadin. In any given skirm round (which is especially annoying in clanwars) the game freezes for like 2-3 seconds and then I am either dead or at a completely different location. It isn't my specs. I checked all CPU and GPU drivers, and they are all up to date.

What I find strange is, that my CPU usage in Bannerlord is at 100% during skirmish (especially on the new maps: Sharis, Uriksala and Zendayar), while I have 56% on GTA5 (which is double the size of Bannerlord and 7 years older) and 61% on CoD MW3.

I don't know how a relatively small game, such as Bannerlord, demands more from my CPU, than AAA-Titles such as the above mentioned.

SPECS:
- Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070SUPER with 8GB of VRAM
- Intel Core i7-9700K [8 Core]
- 32GB of DDR4 RAM

come to the siege, tdm, or private server match in the evening.. but come like us..If you have special powers, don't use them. if you play a little bit of the game you invented.. you will see all the problems very clearly pff..

Evening is off hours, so no can do..

They tested the updates with 2-3 testers, on 2080 Ti cards and there was no issues whatsoever. What are you on about ikko, open a ticket, they looking into it? (Be prepared to receive this reply to your ticket: forwarded it to dev team, closing the ticket now)

Might be right tbf. Chivalry 2 is actually very enjoyable.
I will give it a try myself. Been hanging on to Bannerlord MP for 2.5 years, played MP even on first day and have been active always, tried making even videos for it for more than a year.

But I really cannot hold on to it with this many issues and so little content, there was huge potential for MP but they blew it. Now other games will that gap.

Evening is off hours, so no can do..

They tested the updates with 2-3 testers, on 2080 Ti cards and there was no issues whatsoever. What are you on about ikko, open a ticket, they looking into it? (Be prepared to receive this reply to your ticket: forwarded it to dev team, closing the ticket now)
For the first time in my life i saw game developers not playing their own games.. this game wouldn't be like this if they already played it. let's say they are having fun in the single player part without playing the multiplayer part.. but that place was also in a deplorable condition I see from the topics opened here, otherwise I will not be played in my life, it is single-player

I don't want to mention names, but I am friends with a developer from when I was studying in METU. I told him the issues we face in MP, and he had no idea and was really surprised.

Their MP dev team just sweeps the problems under carpet and rest of the TW has no idea.

It's been months since I saw any dev join any siege/tdm/battle modes servers. I miss the times when we could at least tell them of our problems on that rare occasions when they joined a game, even if the problems wouldn't be solved later still. (correct if you saw any dev join game at evenings for EU servers recently)

I will give it a try myself. Been hanging on to Bannerlord MP for 2.5 years, played MP even on first day and have been active always, tried making even videos for it for more than a year.

But I really cannot hold on to it with this many issues and so little content, there was huge potential for MP but they blew it. Now other games will that gap.
Absolutely I agree.. they destroyed the regulars of the game.. you know me.. I would always be in the top 3 in every game.. I haven't been able to see anyone who has been playing actively for 2 years.. they killed the multiplayer part that had a lot of potential.. I wish a company like sega would buy this company.

even the dream is beautiful..
like total war.. series
but wars like mb..

it would be amazing

I actually went ahead and recorded the freezes during a clanmatch today. Again, it is ONLY on Bannerlord. No other game I own freezes or stutters like this.

NOTE: If the audio freezes in that video, it's probably YT. The audio did not freeze for me, while I had a freeze ingame.

Check the following timestamps for the freeze-action:
0:54 - 1:00
2:44
2:51
4:39
5:12
5:19 to 5:24
5:30
6:02
6:05
7:00

I tried any currently installed game on highest grafics and on Multiplayer and nothing even closely similar to this happens. So yeah, I have no clue what causes this extreme amount of stutters and freezes. It's also increased massively since the latest update, just fyi.

This also isn't including the numerous micro freezes and stutters I keep getting mid-combat, which make it basically impossible to block more than one person effectively.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom