Freeman: Guerilla Warfare, Something to help waiting for BL

Users who are viewing this thread

Crowcorrector

Sergeant at Arms
Check out Freeman: Guerilla Warfare, basically M&B with guns...and a release date which is on the 1st of Feb

store.steampowered.com/app/773951/Freeman_Guerrilla_Warfare/

It's in the beta stage so manage your expectations.  The Devs are in constant contact with their community re. Feedback and updates. 

My BL money is going into this to pass the time.

Did someone say... AGE OF EMPIRES 2  2  2  2  2  2

Captured Joe said:
Valkyria Chronicles is betterer anyway and isn't in Early Axxess anymore.

Buy that if you need "help" waiting for BL.

Also, what the flying gashtits are you talking about? Valkyria Chronicles is nothing like Mount & Blade, why would you even mention it?

Are you insane? Freeman: Guerilla Warfare is literally the same as M&B but with a modern setting. It's the same!

Valryeiry Chronicles is just Company of Heroes crossed with Advance Wars crossed with The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky crossed with every **** generic modern anime. The gameplay is literally nothing like M&B.

I bought the game and like it so far. The battles are already enjoyable, but the campaign map currently leaves a lot to be desired.
Edit: The game doesn't load saves correctly, I lost all my elite squads and had the starting troops again, and I'm pretty sure I was at another spot when I saved. At least my equipment was saved (****'s expensive, yo)

some of it looks interesting, but too early to be released (thus early access). I will add it to my wishlist and check back in a year.

Howard P. Lovecraft said:
Also, shouldn't it be a medieval themed game, as a substitute or 'help-to-pass-the-time-until-release-date'?

that depends on what MB is for you. For some it is a action MP with swords + unique combat system, for others is a sandbox world where you conquer places and build your empire. And so on.

that includes the setting.

you also don't need to look for a "clone". A game that does well on some of those aspects would work fine to "pass the time". You may not play it for 1000 hours, but that doesn't mean you can't have fun for 20-50 hours.

There's not that many of which I can think of, only one of those is SP, which has working modern-ish warfare with your units trying to take cover and whatnot. Whether there are more or not, all of them use overburdened, old engine on which they hack gameplay it wasn't intended for.

This kind of reminds me of all the flak Caribbean! received, because 'there are mods with boats'...

I'm mostly addressing the whole "M&B with guns" part of the OP's post which makes it seem like firearms in M&B have never been tried before.

I’ll check back on this game in 6-12 months and see if it’s ever finished. Most early access games start positive and spiral downwards once devs get their money sadly.

Could you change the topic title to the game name, please.
Because of this, somebody started a thread with the game name and got it locked because this...thread, existed.

Anyway, bought the game, have really been enjoying it so far, but there really isnt much to do yet. Combat is very good, no bullet sponge **** here. If you get the best armor in the game, very long range shots do almost nothing to you, but boy, dont get cocky. I did ...once. Thought I could solo a few bandits by sneaking up to them. Turns out, body armor does not make you invincible when at short range against automatic weapons.

Enemies usually go down in only a few shots. Which is good, because the engagement ranges are usually about 100m or so. The  leading of squads is decent as well. It really matters what you do with them. Enemy AI is competent and will flank you.
Just got a new update today, added buildings into skirimish map. I immediately took position behind the nearest buildings. Enemy troops just flanked me and wiped out a few squad before I could really react.

Updates have been great so far.
Every few days a new update and usually some new content. When I started there were no scopes or add ons for weapons. Added a few days later. Somebody on the steam forums complained that their ACOG sight was not really ACOG.  Two days later, fixed. Two days later, night vision and day/night cycle and weather.

Next update is probably companions and stuff like off-map artilley call ins. Probably.

Anyway, good fun so far, good foundation.

Sartek said:
Could you change the topic title to the game name, please.
Because of this, somebody started a thread with the game name and got it locked because this...thread, existed.
I probably should've done that a while ago. Edited.

Thank you for the thread name change, I kept forgetting to ask for the same thing.

Sartek said:
Updates have been great so far.
Every few days a new update and usually some new content. When I started there were no scopes or add ons for weapons. Added a few days later. Somebody on the steam forums complained that their ACOG sight was not really ACOG.  Two days later, fixed. Two days later, night vision and day/night cycle and weather.
I liked the whole ACOG story from their steam forum, dude complained about it, some people rammed in taking offense because he was kind of rude in few of his points, mods kicked in shutting them up, because at this point in development every valid criticism is valuable, moments later devs came to ask this guy to preach to them about scopes because they admit they're a bit noobs when it comes to actual guns.

I'm really amused by this game and poured already many more hours into it than I expected at this stage. It looks like they just put together a working base to launch in EA and now are pouring content in. There's no depth in the gameplay yet, but it lets you have those little hero moments and some fights can get really tense, especially when you get tied in a fight and can't effectively command your troops. Next big patch is supposed to bring in companions and support actions like calling in artillery strike etc., already excited about that.

Honestly, I don't see the Warband connection much at all besides the overhead Map and a few other things. This game has close to modern graphics and the system requirements are wayyyy higher then Warbands are.

Are they using assets from other games besides just Warband? Because while I do see some Warband stuff here, I also see other things that are vastly different then Warband.

Back
Top Bottom