SP Native Freelancer Mod - Being a Regular Soldier

Users who are viewing this thread

Compatible version
e1.5.9
It is within the possibilities yes.
If I may make a suggestion, or rather, more of a request heh

Why not make so the mod works perfectly with one of the fixed branches of the game? say 1.5.9, that way people that want to keep playing this mod can just pick that particular branch and not worry about any future patches without you having to constantly fix it.

perhaps wait till they bring 1.5.10 up to stable(and keep it compatible with 1.5.9).

Either way, I understand your frustration, they're really dropping the ball here in a huge way, modding is what made warband as big as it is, instead of doubling down on that they seem to be trying to nerf it...

Why not make so the mod works perfectly with one of the fixed branches of the game? say 1.5.9, that way people that want to keep playing this mod can just pick that particular branch and not worry about any future patches without you having to constantly fix it.
It's currently stable in 1.5.9. Not working properly at 1.5.10. If they release 1.5.10 before I uninstall the development environment from my PC, I can give one last update at most but no promises.

I love this mod. I really hope that someone picks up the development. In that optimistic spirit I have a suggestion:

My least favorite part of the mod is having to find my lord after he screws up and gets us defeated in battle. It seems like the lord is always zigzagging randomly around the map and dodging bandits while searching for him gets tiresome.

Also, early in a career I tend to have no money so if my lord is hiding in a city keep I can't afford the bribe to get in to report back. There's no way to send a message, so I end up just kinda hanging out, hoping my info is good and he's really there.

Would it be possible for the lord to just hunker down at the nearest friendly castle for a few days after the fight? Or any friendly castle, really, so long as the quest tells us which one and he doesn't move for a bit?

I can't say for sure, but I suspect @Bloc wouldn't be okay with it; otherwise, he wouldn't have stressed that he won't release his source code.
I don't own the copyrights of the Freelancer or Intellectual Property ( If that's a thing for mods - probably not, and if that was a thing, initial Freelancer would be the original one ) so anyone can create an identical Freelancer if they put the same or less effort into it. As long as they don't use my code - reverse-engineering it etc, it's all fine for me. My point was, I don't want my effort and code to be in this game anymore. And this is my personal decision of course - doesn't have to align with other people's thoughts.

I personally wouldn't encourage anyone to do any mods unless they see some light on TW's upcoming features/communication issues or Full Release, but of course, that's only my opinion. People will do what they want and it's their own free time, free effort. They can choose to spend that on whatever they want.

It's a right ****ing shame that TW doesn't see it's murdering some of its best modders' efforts through this bubblegum-and-duct-tape assembly process its created. It's fully understood that this game is "Early Access" (7 days to die is still in Alpha and I've been playing that for 6 years) but I'm sick of seeing the mods that honestly made this game enjoyable get cut off because modders (understandably) are sick of getting constantly ****ed with in the dev process. With hindsight 20/20, TW should have started a closed alpha with modders in mind and developed concurrently. End product by "EA" release (come on folks, we all understand money is on the mind ) would be a player base that could enjoy their own basic normie-tier game and then go on to tentacles and mercenaries -- which is what we honestly know is going to happen years later when TW finally gets their **** together.

As I promised to some, I published one last update. Although I was planning to give this for 1.5.10, seeing that TW still didn't release both 1.5.10 and 1.6.0 to stable, I choose to go with 1.6.0 since I'm guessing it has more players at the moment. For your information, this is an absolute final version meaning that there won't be any more updates even if 1.6.0 gets wrecked with a hotfix ( happened before )
  • Changelog for Version 1.2.5​

• I was going to make this patch for 1.5.10 only but several people asked for 1.6.0 instead, and since TW still didn't release 1.5.10 to stable, I decided to finalize it for 1.6.0. Hence this is a FINAL patch. There won't be any extra patch ( even if 1.6.0 gets a hotfix that breaks something, this is still final and there won't be anything else )
    • Only tested for e1.6.0.273005
    • Fixed an issue that was causing the system not to count the kills after you take a leave of absence.

As I promised to some, I published one last update. Although I was planning to give this for 1.5.10, seeing that TW still didn't release both 1.5.10 and 1.6.0 to stable, I choose to go with 1.6.0 since I'm guessing it has more players at the moment. For your information, this is an absolute final version meaning that there won't be any more updates even if 1.6.0 gets wrecked with a hotfix ( happened before )
  • Changelog for Version 1.2.5​

• I was going to make this patch for 1.5.10 only but several people asked for 1.6.0 instead, and since TW still didn't release 1.5.10 to stable, I decided to finalize it for 1.6.0. Hence this is a FINAL patch. There won't be any extra patch ( even if 1.6.0 gets a hotfix that breaks something, this is still final and there won't be anything else )
    • Only tested for e1.6.0.273005
    • Fixed an issue that was causing the system not to count the kills after you take a
Nice one Bloc .. Thanks again from all of us. I think 1.6 will go live and be there for some time.

For some reason, the kill counter is not working for me, and I can't "rank" up due to that
There is a bug in 1.5.9 version of the mod. If you take a leave of absence, it's stopping counting your kills unless you leave the army or get separated from your army. If you are using 1.5.9 version don't take any leave of absence. Or simply use 1.6.0 version after the beta update.

There is a bug in 1.5.9 version of the mod. If you take a leave of absence, it's stopping counting your kills unless you leave the army or get separated from your army. If you are using 1.5.9 version don't take any leave of absence. Or simply use 1.6.0 version after the beta update.
alright, thank you :grin:

Sorry if this comes across as a silly question. Which Beta should I use from the core game to run this mod? Naturally I wasn't surprised to find it wouldn't run on the latest, as Bloc is no longer working on this :ohdear: *goes and cries in the corner*

Edit - "Compatible version e1.5.9" :facepalm:

Last edited:
Not sure if this was changed or not , but why does my gear get removed after i leave the army? (imo it should stay , i fought for this army , and if i want to leave , let me leave with my earned gear)

Not sure if this was changed or not , but why does my gear get removed after i leave the army? (imo it should stay , i fought for this army , and if i want to leave , let me leave with my earned gear)
The gear doesn't belong to you, but if you get enough kills - 200 or something - you can keep your breastplate. Or you can just desert and keep it all.

The precise number of kills is written on the little screen that the mod puts on the left side of the screen, IIRC.

Last edited:
Sorry if this comes across as a silly question. Which Beta should I use from the core game to run this mod? Naturally I wasn't surprised to find it wouldn't run on the latest, as Bloc is no longer working on this :ohdear: *goes and cries in the corner*

Edit - "Compatible version e1.5.9" :facepalm:

My game crashes when I try to start a new Sandbox on the loading screen. I opted into e1.5.9 through Steam. I had no other mods in the load up. Am I doing something wrong? Missing additional mods? Any suggestions?

Really want to play this mod, it was the go-to mod back when I played Warband.

Edit - On the loadup I get a message stating that it requires e1.6.0 :neutral: so I'm going to attempt that instead. Yep, tried e1.6.0 Campaign and it works - hats off to the modder, tyvm.

Last edited:
Hi there!
I was playing the Freelancer mod 1.2.5 - I loved it!
But I have a question - I killed 190 foes and decided to go to the honorable retirement - thought I could keep all armor to myself. But I got only the chest piece, no any other armor, no helm, no horse armor, nothing except the chest - is it intended to be so?

How can I change the mod so I could keep the helmet and the horse armor after getting 190 kills? I don't want to be a deserter or a traitor!

Back
Top Bottom