SP Native Freelancer Mod - Being a Regular Soldier

Users who are viewing this thread

Compatible version
e1.5.9
Version 1.2.1.0

- Added war/peace indicator. Now when you enlisted as a soldier, you will know who is at war with who. And whenever they declare war, you will also see the indicators on the main map immediately. This doesn't mean that you will be at war with them as a clan, but it's only a temporary indicator while you are fighting. Once you leave your service, everything will go back to how it used to be ( i.e. if your Clan is at war with Battania, you won't get free peace )
- Now you can't join all bandit troops right off the bat. There is a 20% chance that they won't ask you for this option.
- Tweaked some purchase options for bandits and caravans
- Polished some stuff and crushed some minor bugs

Bandit Career Expansion
Now you can form your own bandit organization in Calradia. Own a hideout - get offers from lords who want you to do the dirty work and much more.
i7MtE.jpg

To form your own gang, you need at least 95 fame among bandits and 40 kills. Once you are eligible, you will see the "Form your own gang" option changes. If for some reason menu is not changing, simply open Trade with smuggler screen and exit, it should show.

kEHUD.jpg

Once you click, the following happens:
- You become hostile to all kingdoms.
- You become an ally to all bandit type units - desert bandits, looters etc. This doesn't mean that you can't backstab them. I mean, you are a bandit, right? You can still approach them and kill them.
- You own an available hideout nearby. This "nearby" can be a bit far away - this is solely related to availability. So don't surprise if you have to go a bit further to settle in your new hideout.
- You will be asked to add a name for your gang/bandit organization. This will also show on the nameplate of your hideout as X's Inn.
- You will be recognized as a leader. Hideout will be under your control. You can recruit new people from hideouts as well.

AKIOK.jpg

Hideout Management
In your hideout, you can manage several things and interact with your followers.
- You can trade with a smuggler: This is basically the same as how you do while at a bandit party. However, this smuggler brings more goods and have more money. He also smuggles better items based on availability. Each day items changes.
- You can set ON or OFF to criminal activities. Criminal activities will decide how much you will earn and how much your criminal activity will hurt other factions. The current version is tested loosely but currently, values are 5 and 2 per week. ie. if you allowed criminal activities, you will have -5 criminal rate with factions and -2 if you turned it OFF. This happens weekly and revenue also comes weekly. That revenue is completely based on how many units you added inside your hideout and their tiers.
- You can sell your prisoners. You can also keep your prisoners inside the troop screen if you don't want to sell them.
- Each day random amount of locals will come and request joining. You can choose to ignore this if you have enough amount of soldiers.

gMwht.jpg

Dirty Business
When two factions go into war, the weakest side can decide to pay some money to you in order to balance things out for their own good. You will get a notification, giving you information about who is asking where to attack and how much they are offering. This is pretty a sweet deal if you are a bandit. They will still attack and chase you - because what you are doing won't be an official faction agreement. So don't think the faction that you are helping won't attack you. Try to avoid their armies.

Things to note
- You can leave banditry whenever you want. This will take hideout out of your control and you will lose soldiers inside there. However, you won't be hunted down by other factions anymore. If you have criminal records on those factions, you still need to pay up though.
- If you go away more than 65 days, hideout will find a new leader and will be taken out of your control. So try to visit your people from time to time.
Awesome ? this is the comprehensive mod that makes a bandit play through viable?

Version 1.2.1.0

- Added war/peace indicator. Now when you enlisted as a soldier, you will know who is at war with who. And whenever they declare war, you will also see the indicators on the main map immediately. This doesn't mean that you will be at war with them as a clan, but it's only a temporary indicator while you are fighting. Once you leave your service, everything will go back to how it used to be ( i.e. if your Clan is at war with Battania, you won't get free peace )
- Now you can't join all bandit troops right off the bat. There is a 20% chance that they won't ask you for this option.
- Tweaked some purchase options for bandits and caravans
- Polished some stuff and crushed some minor bugs

Bandit Career Expansion
Now you can form your own bandit organization in Calradia. Own a hideout - get offers from lords who want you to do the dirty work and much more.
i7MtE.jpg

To form your own gang, you need at least 95 fame among bandits and 40 kills. Once you are eligible, you will see the "Form your own gang" option changes. If for some reason menu is not changing, simply open Trade with smuggler screen and exit, it should show.

kEHUD.jpg

Once you click, the following happens:
- You become hostile to all kingdoms.
- You become an ally to all bandit type units - desert bandits, looters etc. This doesn't mean that you can't backstab them. I mean, you are a bandit, right? You can still approach them and kill them.
- You own an available hideout nearby. This "nearby" can be a bit far away - this is solely related to availability. So don't surprise if you have to go a bit further to settle in your new hideout.
- You will be asked to add a name for your gang/bandit organization. This will also show on the nameplate of your hideout as X's Inn.
- You will be recognized as a leader. Hideout will be under your control. You can recruit new people from hideouts as well.

AKIOK.jpg

Hideout Management
In your hideout, you can manage several things and interact with your followers.
- You can trade with a smuggler: This is basically the same as how you do while at a bandit party. However, this smuggler brings more goods and have more money. He also smuggles better items based on availability. Each day items changes.
- You can set ON or OFF to criminal activities. Criminal activities will decide how much you will earn and how much your criminal activity will hurt other factions. The current version is tested loosely but currently, values are 5 and 2 per week. ie. if you allowed criminal activities, you will have -5 criminal rate with factions and -2 if you turned it OFF. This happens weekly and revenue also comes weekly. That revenue is completely based on how many units you added inside your hideout and their tiers.
- You can sell your prisoners. You can also keep your prisoners inside the troop screen if you don't want to sell them.
- Each day random amount of locals will come and request joining. You can choose to ignore this if you have enough amount of soldiers.

gMwht.jpg

Dirty Business
When two factions go into war, the weakest side can decide to pay some money to you in order to balance things out for their own good. You will get a notification, giving you information about who is asking where to attack and how much they are offering. This is pretty a sweet deal if you are a bandit. They will still attack and chase you - because what you are doing won't be an official faction agreement. So don't think the faction that you are helping won't attack you. Try to avoid their armies.

Things to note
- You can leave banditry whenever you want. This will take hideout out of your control and you will lose soldiers inside there. However, you won't be hunted down by other factions anymore. If you have criminal records on those factions, you still need to pay up though.
- If you go away more than 65 days, hideout will find a new leader and will be taken out of your control. So try to visit your people from time to time.
Nice! Need to test that!

Cheers guys.

I will probably gonna nerf some gold rewards in the next update since banditry rewards are a bit too OP at the moment. But being a bandit is also quite tough - since you can't take regular soldiers or regular trading etc, so I have to find that sweet-spot for balance first

Version 1.2.1.1
- Issue with the selling prisoner option not being shown is fixed
- Normalized/balanced bandit gold rewards.

Version 1.2.2
- Fixed some rounding issue.
- Hopefully fixed an issue that was causing to show `Lord thanks you for taking the castle X` menu after leaving the service even if you didn't visit the city ( Thanks to Cheyron's non-stop request ( :smile: ) )
- Completely new 4 quests for Bandit Playthrough. They will show on quests page integrated in the game's existing quest logic. Quest titles are: Trouble in Paradise, For the Throne, Protection Ain't Free, Hired Blade
- Trouble In Paradise: When a spouse suspects his/her spouse is cheating him/her, then they can hire you to kill that person either with execution or battle.
- For the Throne: Based on the political change within the factions, one clan member can hire you to eliminate another clan member.
- Hired Blade: Somethings can't be resolved with duels. Some lords might want to pay you to eliminate an enemy lord.
- Protection Ain't Free: Local gang leaders can hire you to teach a lesson to their town owners.

k8oaQ.jpg
EEItZ.jpg
nkO12.jpg
So5mJ.jpg
xnzDx.jpg
NZdqk.jpg
qlnmw.jpg
TiQrP.jpg

I would suggest making it so that player-bought (and crafted) items are equippable while on duty, at least when one is an officer or a bodyguard.

Edit: Being able to enter the town while stationed there, without having to leave the army would also be a welcome addition. Speaking of the leave of absence, being able to input the exact period of time one wishes to leave the army for (with some upper limit, the lower being 1 day), with there being a cooldown in between these requests -preferably- as a linear function of the number of days the previous leave had been requested to be would also be useful.

Another possibly low priority feature could be adding an army smith from whom one can commission weapons upon reaching a certain rank (preferably utilizing the smithing mini-game) which could also be extended to armors in the form of a trader-like armorsmith selling class-appropriate armors, maybe one for horses, etc.

Finally, I should also point out the ease with which one can abuse the healing and buying-beer-to-increase-fame mechanics, the issue with the former of which -I assume- is obvious and as for the latter; given one is sufficiently rich, it becomes trivial to immediately get promoted to rank 3 by your liege just by buying a multitude of mugs of beer to his soldiers which is silly.

Last edited:
I would suggest making it so that player-bought (and crafted) items are equippable while on duty, at least when one is an officer or a bodyguard.
I'm not planning to add this since it's not bringing any direct value to player apart from paying extra for their armors for no reason. And this is complicating the things when leaving army code executed. So there is no need to increase code complexity for something that won't add much value.
Edit: Being able to enter the town while stationed there,
This doesn't have any value since you cannot have any "personal" weapon and armor anyway so you won't be able to do trading. If you want to join tournaments for that purpose there is already taking leave of absence as you mentioned.
cooldown in between these requests
Yes, I'm planning something like this, nothing fancy required though. One request each week or so would do the trick.
Another possibly low priority feature could be adding an army smith from whom one can commission weapons upon reaching a certain rank (preferably utilizing the smithing mini-game) which could also be extended to armors in the form of a trader-like armorsmith selling class-appropriate armors, maybe one for horses, etc.
I'm planning to add this since I'm not planning to add any sort of personal possession logic to the game.
Finally, I should also point out the ease with which one can abuse the healing and buying-beer-to-increase-fame mechanics, the issue with the former of which -I assume- is obvious and as for the latter; given one is sufficiently rich, it becomes trivial to immediately get promoted to rank 3 by your liege just by buying a multitude of mugs of beer to his soldiers which is silly.
Yes, but that's partly the point. If you are rich = you are popular and known. Fame mechanic is ensuring that you are always attending your stats within the ranks and doing side activities because fame goes down each day. So at most you can do this, you can go to level 2-3 ( which you still need kills and need to spend some time ) and then before leaving ranks, you can spam beer buying and then leave army and rejoin. At this point, you already spent several days and killed several people anyway. So you are not a complete stranger and you also payed around 1k just to get your fame on that level. And if you are rich dude, you can most certainly do that.

So at most you can do this, you can go to level 2-3 ( which you still need kills and need to spend some time )
I was able to get to tier/rank 3 with 0 kills and a negligible period of time spent enlisted, just by buying beer at the first window of opportunity.

I was able to get to tier/rank 3 with 0 kills and a negligible period of time spent enlisted, just by buying beer at the first window of opportunity.
As you can guess, you should be really lucky for that. You should guess the exact time of your parties defeat time and spam beer button beforehand and if you are lucky they will be defeated and you will be able to join any other party with your fame. But there is also the possibility of this not being happening and you being stuck in at same army without visiting towns and forced to do side-activities and fighting/killing troops.

Some feedback and suggestions after playing a few hours (1.2.2 version) on beta 1.5.10.
From 1 to 95 fame
Really repetitive and grindy. At this level we can only fight peasants trough "attack locals" button.
  • Maybe you could add some events to spice it up (militia ambush when approaching villages, small patrol guard encounter when nearby towns,etc..).
From 95 fame and owning a hideout
More interesting and quite challenging. It is a game changer :grin:
A few bug(?):
Recruitable troops seem to be limited to one type, only forest bandits in my case (maybe linked with the hideout type?)
Hideout troop capacity shows " /20" but I can deposit more than that.
While resting in hideout, AI can spot me and stay around (sometimes I have 5 ennemy parties waiting for me outside)

Some suggestions:
  • Allow interaction with other hideouts (add a smuggler and recruit menu,...)
  • Allow the control of several hideouts (the more we control the more we earn money, but we loose control after x time without visit)
  • Give the possiblity to move to another place in the world. For example we have the option to leave the current bandit hideout, but remain elligible to form a gang and spawn a new hideout for a few days.
Criminal activity
I don't really understand how it is supposed to work.
What happens when I switch it ON? I only see a weekly income decrease and higher criminality rate increase.
  • By the way, why the criminality rate should increase for all the kingdoms? Maybe you could limit it to nearby kingdom?
Dirty Business
I like that one.
But I have received this request only once. Southern Empire asking me to bully a rebel clan... Since then, nothing.
Can we receive it only once? Is it limited in time?
Or maybe I was unlucky because it was against a rebel clan.

New quests
  • Is it possible to add links to encyclopedia on the "accept" pop-up window? Sometimes it is really difficult to understand who is requesting what.
Protection Ain't Free: Really nice one, nothing to say. (y)

Trouble in Paradise / For the Throne / Hired Blade: Those are true challenges and we need a solid army to succeed.
Maybe with some luck we may encounter those lords after they were defeated and weakened, but we still need good troops to reach them.
  • I think the rewards should be higher (at least 2 times) for such high risk missions.

Really repetitive and grindy. At this level we can only fight peasants trough "attack locals" button.
  • Maybe you could add some events to spice it up (militia ambush when approaching villages, small patrol guard encounter when nearby towns,etc..).
They also attack nearby people. And you don't have to do it on one shot. Unlike freelancer, bandit stats are not getting reset when you rejoin or lose a battle.
Recruitable troops seem to be limited to one type, only forest bandits in my case (maybe linked with the hideout type?)
Hideout troop capacity shows " /20" but I can deposit more than that.
While resting in hideout, AI can spot me and stay around (sometimes I have 5 ennemy parties waiting for me outside)
Yes linked to hideout type
Yes you can deposit more than that
Yes they are doing that until their AI tick decides to do something else. Since they can't raid your hideout and hate you, they are waiting outside to catch you. This is normal

Some suggestions:
  • Allow interaction with other hideouts (add a smuggler and recruit menu,...)
  • Allow the control of several hideouts (the more we control the more we earn money, but we loose control after x time without visit)
  • Give the possiblity to move to another place in the world. For example we have the option to leave the current bandit hideout, but remain elligible to form a gang and spawn a new hideout for a few days.
- Not sure how this will help though. Smuggler is random anyways so you won't get much value from it. Only recruit menu can be helpful but then codewise I have to keep ALL hideout stats which is, well, quite a bit cumbersome as you may guess. I'm planning to add an option where you can buy already existing parties - so you wouldn't have recruit problems
- No I'm not planning this
- Hideouts are fixed in the game and moving to another place is also problematic since there is no "map" view on the game where you can click and pick next location. So it's a bit problem. At best I can add something like "Leave hideout but not banditry" and keep your stats up while leaving. Even that is not very valuable for players I think.

I don't really understand how it is supposed to work.
What happens when I switch it ON? I only see a weekly income decrease and higher criminality rate increase.
  • By the way, why the criminality rate should increase for all the kingdoms? Maybe you could limit it to nearby kingdom?
Criminal Activity is basically Criminal Activities of your hideout. Depending the amount of people you stuffed in to hideout, you will earn more or less money. And no it's not nearby but more like "Crime" operation in entire Calradia - that's why it's adding quite a fine money to you but also effecting your criminal rating with all factions.
So logic behind that is this:
You are adding ten people to hide out. They are spreading out to Calradia and all cities, doing dirty stuff, disturbing lords on your behalf and earning extra gold. And because of that, their amount is important and because of that, this is hitting all factions.

Dirty Business
I like that one.
But I have received this request only once. Southern Empire asking me to bully a rebel clan... Since then, nothing.
Can we receive it only once? Is it limited in time?
Or maybe I was unlucky because it was against a rebel clan.
You only get it once yes but you should actually get it again once it's finished. I'm guessing by the time you did raid, they destroyed the rebel clan and took back the city, right? I actually didn't consider this edge case - I will add a check to this in next patch.

Is it possible to add links to encyclopedia on the "accept" pop-up window? Sometimes it is really difficult to understand who is requesting what.
They are already linked to the encyclopedia. All these blue texts are clickable, no? And it's showing who gave the quest on right top.
NZdqk.jpg
I think the rewards should be higher (at least 2 times) for such high risk missions.
Well, there is a quest for capturing an enemy lord in the native game and it's offering 5000 gold - fixed. And as you can see I'm already offering almost 5 or 6 times higher than the `native` game amount for the same task. And if this person is faction leader it gets way higher than this. I think it's quite rewarding compared to native game rewards.

They also attack nearby people. And you don't have to do it on one shot. Unlike freelancer, bandit stats are not getting reset when you rejoin or lose a battle.
Oh, I thought the fame was decreasing over time... But the kill count is reset right? At least it was the case for me.
Yes linked to hideout type
Yes you can deposit more than that
Yes they are doing that until their AI tick decides to do something else. Since they can't raid your hideout and hate you, they are waiting outside to catch you. This is normal
Okay thanks, I found it funny to see all those lords waiting for me. Makes sense as you said.
- Not sure how this will help though. Smuggler is random anyways so you won't get much value from it. Only recruit menu can be helpful but then codewise I have to keep ALL hideout stats which is, well, quite a bit cumbersome as you may guess. I'm planning to add an option where you can buy already existing parties - so you wouldn't have recruit problems
I can imagine it is important for you to keep a balance with your coding, something manageable during your spare time.
The possiblity to recruit existing parties sounds a good option too.
- No I'm not planning this
- Hideouts are fixed in the game and moving to another place is also problematic since there is no "map" view on the game where you can click and pick next location. So it's a bit problem. At best I can add something like "Leave hideout but not banditry" and keep your stats up while leaving. Even that is not very valuable for players I think.
Yeah, I was not thinking about keeping current hideout and moving it somewhere else.
"Leave hideout but no banditry" is more like I imagine it.
Regarding the value for the player:
  • Since you can not choose the emplacement, you may get your hideout to pop nearby a choke point on the map, making it difficult to reach it "safely".
  • Being a bandit is a path that allows you some flexibility. You don't really settle down and may start new business in a different place.
Criminal Activity is basically Criminal Activities of your hideout. Depending the amount of people you stuffed in to hideout, you will earn more or less money. And no it's not nearby but more like "Crime" operation in entire Calradia - that's why it's adding quite a fine money to you but also effecting your criminal rating with all factions.
So logic behind that is this:
You are adding ten people to hide out. They are spreading out to Calradia and all cities, doing dirty stuff, disturbing lords on your behalf and earning extra gold. And because of that, their amount is important and because of that, this is hitting all factions.
I understand. But the world is vast and I found it strange you could impact the whole Calradia with only a few men.
Hideout looks more like a local base for local bandits...
You only get it once yes but you should actually get it again once it's finished. I'm guessing by the time you did raid, they destroyed the rebel clan and took back the city, right? I actually didn't consider this edge case - I will add a check to this in next patch.
Sorry, I didn't mean to find an edge case, again :wink:
They are already linked to the encyclopedia. All these blue texts are clickable, no? And it's showing who gave the quest on right top.
I was speaking about the window before accepting the quest.
Not sure if you can add those hyperlinks on it though.
xnzDx.jpg
Well, there is a quest for capturing an enemy lord in the native game and it's offering 5000 gold - fixed. And as you can see I'm already offering almost 5 or 6 times higher than the `native` game amount for the same task. And if this person is faction leader it gets way higher than this. I think it's quite rewarding compared to native game rewards.
Indeed. I'm not sure when the capturing quest is available and I guess it is scaled with the ransom value as well.
By the time you can fight lord parties in vanilla, you already have a 100+ party and can recruit quite easily (even in challenging difficulty).
The gold is not really a big concern in that case, still manageable by repetitive wins.
I don't know, 30K to kill a lord does not look attractive enough.
Especially if you think that executing lords give you a huge penalty in your relation as well (except if you manage to kill him on the battlefield).

By the way, I got another idea.
Maybe you could make the quests to pop-up only if Criminal Activity is ON.
You can hit 2 birds with one stone by doing that.
It is "lore" coherent because your men, with their activities, spread the word and make your gang known. Giving more meaning to your "Criminal Activity" option.
And you give the player the possibility to toggle off and not receive those quests as well.

Oh, I thought the fame was decreasing over time... But the kill count is reset right? At least it was the case for me.
Fame is decreasing by 0.2 each day if you leave the party but not getting 0 right away ( which was the case previously iirc )
I understand. But the world is vast and I found it strange you could impact the whole Calradia with only a few men.
I need to balance its rewards and penalty. If I make it only for the nearby kingdom, then x2ish gold would be a giveaway. You are already recruiting experienced troops for a really small fee.
Not sure if you can add those hyperlinks on it though.
undefined
Not possible. They are also already hyperlinks but the pop-up isn't supporting that.
The gold is not really a big concern in that case, still manageable by repetitive wins.
I'm not talking about that - there is literally a quest where another lord asks you to bring a certain lord as a captive and he is offering 5k. I know that you can sell them something around that but that's not my point. I will probably make a huge gold balancing in each parts of Freelancer in the future anyway though
Maybe you could make the quests to pop-up only if Criminal Activity is ON.
You can hit 2 birds with one stone by doing that.
It is "lore" coherent because your men, with their activities, spread the word and make your gang known. Giving more meaning to your "Criminal Activity" option.
And you give the player the possibility to toggle off and not receive those quests as well.
Yep that definitely makes sense. I will do this.

Fame is decreasing by 0.2 each day if you leave the party but not getting 0 right away ( which was the case previously iirc )

I need to balance its rewards and penalty. If I make it only for the nearby kingdom, then x2ish gold would be a giveaway. You are already recruiting experienced troops for a really small fee.

Not possible. They are also already hyperlinks but the pop-up isn't supporting that.

I'm not talking about that - there is literally a quest where another lord asks you to bring a certain lord as a captive and he is offering 5k. I know that you can sell them something around that but that's not my point. I will probably make a huge gold balancing in each parts of Freelancer in the future anyway though

Yep that definitely makes sense. I will do this.
In case you actually make it that "Criminal activity" allows to access to the quests.
Then maybe you should focus on the balance of those quests prior to the "Criminal Activity" tick itself.
Some suggestions:
Low reward & risk : Protection ain't free (current balance is perfect tbh)
Medium reward & risk : Trouble in Paradise - target is low tier clan (only request to defeat the lord) 25K denars
High reward & risk : Hired Blade - target is medium clan tier (only request to defeat the lord and capture him) 50K denars
Very high reward & risk : For the Throne - ruler clan (request to kill the lord) 150K denars

Medium reward & risk : Trouble in Paradise - target is low tier clan (only request to defeat the lord) 25K denars
High reward & risk : Hired Blade - target is medium clan tier (only request to defeat the lord and capture him) 50K denars
Very high reward & risk : For the Throne - ruler clan (request to kill the lord) 150K denars
There is already a tier based calculation for the rewards but I will make it obvious for sure in the future. About defeat etc, I'm planning other missions, separate missions, so I won't change existing quests but rather add new ones probably.

-t3fo.jpg
yBUYO.jpg

• Version 1.2.3.0​

• Added option to recruit wandering bandits if you have a hideout. With this option, you can recruit almost any wandering bandit party.
    • Added "Return to your lord" quest- which shows when you need to find your lord again. This page updates the known location of the lord each day ( afternoon ) so that you can only take a look at the quest. Quest page also gives you a clickable link to the lord and other details such as how many days left and links to the last known location.
    • Added an option that gives you the ability to ask for new random gear. This is effective mostly if you didn't get the random equipment you wanted.
    • Added an option to claim nobility. This follows the same logic with noble troops. But now you don't have to leave the army and rejoin if you levelled up to 5 while you are serving.
    • Now if your lord has a horse but somehow your culture's latest noble tier isn't mounted, you are still getting a mount. This is mainly implemented to bring more support to other mods and some edge cases.
    • Changed cost calculation for betting. Now higher ranks are betting more money and your gains are also correlated to this.
    • Changed reward calculation for some quests. Now they are not granting too little or too ridiculous amounts. Still requires some fine-tuning though
    • Changed buying beer calculation. Now each extra buy will cost more that is correlated to your current fame.
    • Changed and balanced the wages that you earn while enlisted in the army. You can still earn quite well if you are a bodyguard, but overall, they are less OP now.
    • Several issues are fixed that were causing weird behavior on the campaign map because of dynamic events happening in the game.

As you can guess, you should be really lucky for that. You should guess the exact time of your parties defeat time and spam beer button beforehand and if you are lucky they will be defeated and you will be able to join any other party with your fame. But there is also the possibility of this not being happening and you being stuck in at same army without visiting towns and forced to do side-activities and fighting/killing troops.
I don't completely understand what you're talking about here but what I described was that once one joins an army, all it takes to instantly level up to tier/rank 3 is to buy sufficiently many mugs or barrels (or whatever) of beer upon visiting a town for the first time. It has nothing to do with it being defeated or joining another army, etc.

Last edited:
I don't completely understand what you're talking about here but what I described was that once one joins an army, all it takes to instantly level up to tier/rank 3 is to buy sufficiently many mugs or barrels (or whatever) of beer upon visiting a town for the first time. It has nothing to do with it being defeated or joining another army, etc.
Previously I was checking your fame while joining the army but I remembered that I changed that a couple of patches ago. You are right you can spam the beer button and buy fame for a small amount of gold.
However, now it takes around 10k to hit your fame to 100 just by buying beer in 1.2.3.0 - so it's now in okay-state I believe. I will change fame decreasing logic too in the future since now it's too easy to lose the fame but hard to get etc.

Can you have a hideout without being a bandit? A non bandit mercenary hideout? Thank you very much for this, it is incredible.
You can't. It's directly tied to being a bandit and I probably won't make anything like a mercenary hideout since it's somewhat a bit against to logic of hideouts in the game. I think you want to do something like Dark Brotherhood or guilds from Skyrim but I think you can still achieve the same with being a bandit for a while and then getting your own hideout and units and doing only "kill" jobs etc.

Back
Top Bottom