SP Native Freelancer Mod - Being a Regular Soldier

Users who are viewing this thread

Compatible version
e1.5.9
Can you have a hideout without being a bandit? A non bandit mercenary hideout? Thank you very much for this, it is incredible.
You can use TakeHideouts mod. Works fine with freelancer but on 1.5.10 you can't abandon hideout and use inventory stash cause it wasn't updated. Now I mostly use it to recruit bandit troops.

Version 1.2.4.0
  • New Soldiers and Generals Update. See the description or message for more details.
  • Changed all cheats' domains from campaign to freelancer.
  • Added a report menu to see some more details about your current progress.
  • Added buy stash chest and buy smithy options to hideouts. Now you can buy a stash chest and stash your belongings in there. And you can also buy smithy and start crafting in there.
  • Made certain variables customizable via Config. Check Config.json. Currently everything is in default. In following updates I will expand them to make it more flexible for people. JSON syntax might look weird to you, but I will explain some of them in the main description soon so that you can know what you are tweaking.
  • Fame is no longer decreasing daily. Instead, it's decreasing weekly but with 5 only so overall you are now losing 0.7 fame each day but earning 1 with each action.
  • Fixed an issue that was causing CTD when faction leader killed in sieges/battles
  • Fixed an issue that was causing CTD when battle ends unexpectedly
  • Fixed an issue that was charging less than what it was written on gear buying phase.

kwe70.jpg

Soldiers and Generals Update
First of all, this is an ambitious and loosely tested feature. And this is the exact reason why you can opt out yourself from this. If you don't want mod to add this, simply go to your Config.json, change "AllowGenerals": true to "AllowGenerals": false
This update adds a new sub-clan to each kingdom in the game. This sub-clan is called Faction's Generals. The system automatically creates 5 unique generals for factions at the startup. In theory, they work like regular clans however generals are not able to marry ( and reproduce ) and they have no right to own land/castle/town. Upon the death of generals, a new general immediately emerges from one of the towns of that faction. They spawn with a random ratio of basic and elite troops. If the faction has no town, they are becoming unable to get more generals - hence, if you want to terminate a faction completely, you need to take their towns first.
pulhe.jpg

Upon fulfilling certain requirements, you will be asked to join to faction as general. Currently, these requirements are not configurable but in the future, they will be.
  • You need to serve at least 200 days for that faction with a service level higher than 2 (Days are not getting reset and can be seen in the reports menu)
  • You need to have 100+ Leadership skill
Beware, this is not the same as a vassalship or mercenary contract. In this, you are becoming a member of the Generals council. But you are not becoming a leader of that council. If you decline, you will get a minor relationship penalty but you will continue being Freelancer. If you accept, you will immediately get a mixture of units and be part of that sub-clan and faction. You will also earn 3000 to 6000 gold each week randomly regardless of your state and achievements.
As a member of this council, you will be able to participate in battles and kingdom decisions. However, you cannot disband your "clan" armies and get elected as town owner.
Once you become a general, you can leave the kingdom by going to Clans tab, and click the Leave Kingdom. This will impact your relationship with lords within the faction severely.

@Bloc Look at me... look into my eyes,
giphy.gif

I dare you to implement the Nemesis System in your Freelancer. You know you can and you want to.
You are making a kick ass mod, keep up the good work mate :party:.

I dare you to implement the Nemesis System in your Freelancer. You know you can and you want to.
undefined
Frankly, I thought about adding a very serious Nemesis System - including adding facial scars to faces of the defeated lords and making them mention about this in next encounter and changing their attack strategy based on their "hatred" level both on battlefield and campaign map ( like giving up a defensive formation just to get you or following you on map even though he should leave you be after a long chase etc )

However, I don't think this is related to Freelancer at all. So if I ever want to do this, I would probably do it as a separate mod with highly focused on relationships/dialogues and tactics. But I thought about it as a Shadow of Mordor type of Nemesis System, if you mean another Nemesis System, please let me know :razz:

Bloc, for the Soldier and Generals update, do you loose your own clan and join a clan of Generals? Seems like this would have a profound impact in a lot of areas in Bannerlord (companions and renown come to mind).

Great work as always.

Frankly, I thought about adding a very serious Nemesis System - including adding facial scars to faces of the defeated lords and making them mention about this in next encounter and changing their attack strategy based on their "hatred" level both on battlefield and campaign map ( like giving up a defensive formation just to get you or following you on map even though he should leave you be after a long chase etc )

However, I don't think this is related to Freelancer at all. So if I ever want to do this, I would probably do it as a separate mod with highly focused on relationships/dialogues and tactics. But I thought about it as a Shadow of Mordor type of Nemesis System, if you mean another Nemesis System, please let me know :razz:
You know I was trying to probe you :cool: and I can see that you're really curious about Shadow of Mordor type of Nemesis System ofc (me too)... An independent module would be a godsend, apart from that, it would be the proper thing to do.

Your early concept ideas about it already smell like a Michelin-starred dish.

Bloc, for the Soldier and Generals update, do you loose your own clan and join a clan of Generals? Seems like this would have a profound impact in a lot of areas in Bannerlord (companions and renown come to mind).
You don't lose them,they are partially being part of that kingdom as well but you are not longer be able to manage that clan. However, let's say you have companions etc, you can still find them and take into your party since game thinks you are in both of the clans. About workshop payments and other stuff, I'm not entirely sure and I didn't have chance to test it out. So in that part, I'm relying on players to report any inconsistencies they encounter.

You know I was trying to probe you :cool: and I can see that you're really curious about Shadow of Mordor type of Nemesis System ofc (me too)... An independent module would be a godsend, apart from that, it would be the proper thing to do.

Your early concept ideas about it already smell like a Michelin-starred dish.
There is this a sweet-ass video about that if you haven't check it out already
Although honestly not sure if I would implement this since it's already hard to keep up with all other mods that I have. Since they are not simple tweaks and somewhat semi-complex features, it's becoming hard to track what might be causing the issues etc. I write very minimal code, syntax-wise, with shorthand if's and for's etc and even with this coding style I have, Freelancer is taking around 10k lines - so you can assume overall codewise dependency to TW's not-so-stable codebase. And implementing another new mod, pouring more and more freetime doesn't seem to be appealing to me.

[...]
There is this a sweet-ass video about that if you haven't check it out already
Although honestly not sure if I would implement this since it's already hard to keep up with all other mods that I have. Since they are not simple tweaks and somewhat semi-complex features, it's becoming hard to track what might be causing the issues etc. I write very minimal code, syntax-wise, with shorthand if's and for's etc and even with this coding style I have, Freelancer is taking around 10k lines - so you can assume overall codewise dependency to TW's not-so-stable codebase. And implementing another new mod, pouring more and more freetime doesn't seem to be appealing to me.
Yeah I've seen that video before, it's great. Nah, I was just commenting to you in a jocular way, ofc I don't want to force you to make a commitment to something if you don't really feel like you want to do it.

You're still my Paladin ?:wink:.

Frankly, I thought about adding a very serious Nemesis System - including adding facial scars
If i'm not mistaken, this particular thing is already in your Intrigues mod, so perhaps a Nemesis system would fit perfectly there, while at the same time avoiding a new module you'd need to update?

Amazing work as always, and personally, i'd like to see all of your mods become one whole module if possible in the future, with some freedom in form of optional content, i think that would be godsent, and also be having you look after only 1 mod, admittedly bigger and complex.

If i'm not mistaken, this particular thing is already in your Intrigues mod, so perhaps a Nemesis system would fit perfectly there, while at the same time avoiding a new module you'd need to update?
Yes in Intrigues there is a basic form of this but it's tied to maiming/torture. What I have in mind and try to describe above is somewhat more sophisticated than that.
Example:
You fought with Caladog in near place Bog Village. You defeated the Caladog but he got away - so you didn't take him as a prisoner. But you personally knocked him down or your soldiers did. Now his face has a scar and on the campaign map, when he sees you from a distance, a distance normally AI wouldn't chase player or another party, he chases you and/or tries to locate you after defeat exactly same as how you locate people with encyclopedia and once he finds you in your next encounter he says something like "Piconi, you thought I would forget you, but I remember your name every time someone looks at my face. You gave me this mark in Battle of Bog, and now it's my turn" or something similar. But more specific and more "self" aware type of nemesis system. This reflects to their "actions" on both battlefield and campaign map as said above.
But as you can assume, this needs quite a bit overhaul on their dialogues and I need to track complex relationships between individuals. Like killing Lucon's son in battle should reflect his actions and way of speaking. And it would be x2 better if implementation would be player-insensitive, meaning that AI could hold grunge to each other and chase each other irrationally - execute each other based on these feuds etc.

I understand. As you said, i too don't see this as a natural part of the Freelancer, and in wish to avoid a new module, the closest natural mod for the Nemesis System i see in the Intrigues mod.
Of course, if you plan on making it as complex, or more than you explained in a nutshell above it might then as well have its own module.

Bunch of minor updates. Update the mod if you haven't already.
  • Version 1.2.4.5​

• Fixed some a major issue that was causing crash while opening the character skills screen after being General
    • Added a couple more configurable field
    • Added Polearm skill to Trainer assignment role
  • Version 1.2.4.4​

• Generals fix: Love is magical - so it wasn't easy to block their marriage at first shot. But now they won't get married. And sometimes they were getting fiefs, from now on they won't have it as well
    • Fixed an issue about Caravan relationships. Now you are able to see who's at war with that faction and who's allied etc.
    • Fixed an issue that was causing hideout stashes to be available for other hideouts too
    • The changed execution order of some parts of the code - perhaps it might work for 1.5.10 now. ( Just an assumption )
  • Version 1.2.4.2​

• Fixed CTD when you start the game in late-game while some Kingdoms already don't have any settlement
    • Fixed CTD which was causing related to internal game code
    • Fixed CTD which was related to key-value pair
  • Version 1.2.4.1​

• Possible crash issue with 1.5.10 is fixed ( still not tested so god knows )
    • An issue related to Random Int is fixed
    • Russian Translation added

Haven't played Bannerlord in like 9 months now, figured I'd install it again just so I can try this out before that possibility doesn't exist anymore.

Just to clear something up, if I pick the 1.5.9 branch at the betas tab on steam this will not work? only with the stable branch? (i.e. not picking anything at the betas tab)

so basically next week when they release yet another worthless "hotfix" for 1.5.9 the mod will probably stop working?

Back
Top Bottom