[FREE UPDATE] Invasion Multiplayer Mode Beta and Release Date! - TODAY!

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey! sorry for the delay on the beta... looking at a problem with dedicated servers right now. If I can't fix it in the next hour or so, I'll just push out the beta and find a way to fix it before release.

Apologies to those (especially in Eastern Europe) for whom the beta is coming out rather late in the evening!

... or not!

Unfortunately there's something slightly concerning happening in single player. Possibly it's nothing important but the fact I'm not able to be certain means the beta will have to wait until tomorrow I'm afraid. Sorry all...

Captain Lust said:
As a final note, I'd just like to make a quick apology about the misinformation regarding the hi-res textures from the console version. They're actually going to take a few more months to arrive on PC... but they are on their way!
Hello Captain Lust!
Earler you said we would get an early access (beta version) to bannerlord in 1st quarter of 2017 or with very low probability at the end of 2016. But your message above totally confused me. You said "We're bringing the hr textures from console version of Warband to the pc version in the upcomming couple of months"
That raises some questions
What's the point? If Bannerlord early access should come out in 1s quarter of 2017. Right in the upcomming couple of months
Or you're going to release textures after early access? In this case, for what?
Or you're hinting that the early access will be in the end of 2017? Or even in the beggining of 2018?

Thanks for the answer

UPDATE:

Okay the beta is live and there are currently two servers up for EU (some for NA are coming shortly).

They should be easy to find with the server filter (since they're the only servers compatible with the module).

The beta password you need to enter on Steam is "invasion1234". If you don't know how to do that, more detailed instructions will be on the way.

If there's no space on the servers, feel free to host your own! I'll increase the count if it seems necessary. Just remember to capture screenshots (ctrl + insert) of any bugs or errors you encounter and report them here or to me via PM!

Have fun :smile:

Captain Lust said:
The beta password you need to enter on Steam is "invasion1234".

Damn! Yesterday, i tried every possible synchronization i could imagine, i even tried "INVASION123" but didnt try it with 1234  :mrgreen: Thanks Frank! Gonna try it right now

The_dragon said:
Who made the mod?
The base used is the WFaS gamemode "Captain Co-op", which was designed and programmed around the release of WFaS by TaleWorlds.

Changes to the design were made by myself and a colleague (Sten), and then programmed by myself. Icons and other additional assets were prepared by an artist in the company.

@k700 no, there are no new operations. The update has only the additional gamemode code

Both EU servers crashed (idk on what wave we were).

Also, I got to black armor level pretty quickly  :lol:
iNqZ3F8.png

r3NH30Z.png

Bugs found so far:
[list type=decimal]
[*]Every countdown before a wave causes severe lag spikes for everyone on the server.
[*]Companions seem to always spawn in on horseback when they first spawn, even if a non-mounted loadout is selected. Example image.
[*]Companions seem to get their ranged weapons twice when they spawn with a non-default loadout. Example image.
[*]A Bardiche with the tag "NOT USED" can spawn from a chest. Example image.
[*]After a certain amount of players, the Tab menu runs out of space (This was with 16 players). Example image.
[*]Changing the amount of players to something else than 16 (8 in this case) causes the "The recommended number of players ..." string to stay on the screen at all times. Example image.
[*]Everyone got a whole bunch of script errors at one point. Example image.
[/list]

Edit: For clarification, this was on a non-dedicated server.

I've noticed a couple issues.

1. Some system for automatic removal of stray horses should be put in place, having hundreds of riderless horses increases the strain on the server and also crowds the map pretty quickly.
2. During the period between waves, whenever a horse is killed that one drum sound plays every time.
3. This happened on the NA1 server, after which the server crashed.
Tjnyz.jpg

hsZ-M.jpg
zZy6R.jpg

One enemy ended up floating above the corner of the map (called the "saltlands" by a teammate  :lol:), trapped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom