[Free Hosting|Community] «Gaming Friends»

Users who are viewing this thread

Hello and welcome dear TaleWorlds Community,

In this thread I want to introduce you the "Gaming Friends" project. The Gaming Friends project is a english, but also a german speaking community. Until now, we are on the way to grow up, thats why we still search active and experienced team members.

As you can see in the topic name, we want to offer you the chance to get a server for free, for this we made the decission that "Mount&Blade Warband" is the perfect game for us. We played this game now over a long time, so the owner and head-administrator of the project, Daimos, made a delibereate concept, how he could found a strong and successful community. So that's how he came on the idea of making a free hosting project. But we are not only a sponsoring group, no, we also decided that gaming is pretty important for us, too. So in our community we discuss about everything that has something to do with games. Our third point is Mount&Blade Warband, so in our commnuity you can introduce your own server, or you can just talk about the game with other members, or you can ask questions if you need help.

Important for us is performence and power.
Facts of the server:
ipv6.gif
intel_920.gif

Intel® Core™ i7-2600K Quad-Core inkl. Hyper-Threading-Technologie

24/7 99,9% availableness
Hosted in Frankfurt on the Main [Germany]
Working storage 24 GB DDR3 RAM
Hard disks 2 x 2000 GB SATA 3 Gb/s HDD
(Software-RAID 1)
Network interface card 1 GBit OnBoard
1 Gbit/s connection
Backup-Space 100 GB
Traffic Unlimited

What do I have to do for the service?

You have to register yourself in our forum. Here! All informations!
There you'll find a example application for your server.
After that you have to wait until one of our admins will
read your application and answer it.

How long will the server be online?
You can use the server as long as you want if you use them and if you don't brake the rules.
If your server will take to much power one of our admins will talk to you
and will ask you for a solution of the problem.

If the server of a user will turn inactive we'll send him a private message
in our forums and if he wont answer in 48h we'll set the server offline.

Can I get more slots in the future if I need more?
Yes, you can. But before you'll get more slots we have to make sure that you really need more.
So how can I get more slots if I need more? You just have to contact one of our admins in the forum and
we will have a talk with you about the new number of slots.

Why didn't you accepted my application for a free server?

There can be many points for that. For example, your application just didn't made us belive that you
really need one of our servers, or simply that our servers are full.
Tipp: If your active in our forum, you have larger chances to get a server.

Can I rent a server?

Yes, you can rent a server. They will be available on our forum.

Can I test one of your servers?

Yes you can. Just visit the following server and you'll see how smooth our servers are and if the ping is okay for you.

Server Name: GamingFriends_FreeHosting
Slots: 32

How can I edit my server?

You can start and stop him with your webinterface, also you can change the start parameter,
so you can change the modification without asking for someone!
Of course you'll get the FPS informations to upload your own module ect...

How can I support you?

That's pretty simple! For example you can donate us, you'll also get something like a V.I.P rank in our formus for that.

What are you waiting for?
Join our community today! We are waiting for you...

Here you can contact us: http://gamingfriends.de
Steam group: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/gamingfriendsforum
Do you have questions? You can add our main administrator in steam: oll644
Teamspeak: - coming soon -

What do we need?

Forum moderators:

We're looking out for support for our team!

What do you need as a moderator:
You have to be 14 years old.
Good knowledge about Mount&Blade and other games.
You should speak and write a good english.
Character strenght, you should accept criticism, good in teamwork, you have to act neutral.
You should be online 1-3 hours per day in our forum.
Loyality and discretion.
Power of endurance and independence.

What do you have to do:

Assertion of the rules.
You have to represent the team.
You should help in the forum.
You should help to make the forum better.
You should moderate the forum as best as you can.

What can I do to get higher as a moderator?
If your really active and effective you can get a board administrator.

Application:

Code:
[b]Your (nick-) name:
Your age:
Tell us something about yourself:
Do you have any experiences with servers?
Did you ever moderate an other forum?
How long will you be online per day?
Why do you want to be a moderator?[/b]

Designer:
We search designers! If your interested add our main-admin in steam: oll644

Sincerely Yours,
The Gaming Friend Team!

I like this idea so much. I have some concerns though, that others might have as well.

The forum is new with default branding, there's no information about who you guys are or anything, and the steam id you gave doesn't exist (not searchable, and not visible here: http://steamcommunity.com/id/oll644). I think it would help if you clarified who you guys are, what your intentions for growth are, and what your privacy policy is (since you keep users/passwords, and possibly personal information on members of the community).

This has some awesome potential. This sort of thing will develop lifelong business (if you are stepping into paid hosting). Thanks for presenting this, I hope from the bottom of my heart it is legitimate.

Fehnor said:
I like this idea so much. I have some concerns though, that others might have as well.

The forum is new with default branding, there's no information about who you guys are or anything, and the steam id you gave doesn't exist (not searchable, and not visible here: http://steamcommunity.com/id/oll644). I think it would help if you clarified who you guys are, what your intentions for growth are, and what your privacy policy is (since you keep users/passwords, and possibly personal information on members of the community).

This has some awesome potential. This sort of thing will develop lifelong business (if you are stepping into paid hosting). Thanks for presenting this, I hope from the bottom of my heart it is legitimate.

It's good to hear that you like our idea :smile:.

I'll talk with our head-admin and we will discuss how we can bring your points into our forum/project.

Thank you for your help!

Thank you very much. I've wrote an application for a 20 slot server ~3 hours ago and I'm currently playing in it. The ping seems normal, I'll be checking server performance as well.

EDIT: We just played a match with WarDogs, everything went fine, no internet or server lag :smile:

Back
Top Bottom