Free Games - Recomendations and updates galore

Users who are viewing this thread

I feel like if I enjoy a game that takes less then 2 hours to beat i'll still not refund it seems kinda of scummy to refund something you liked.
You have to screw over the indie devs that develop such short games. This kind of low effort doesn't please Adorno.
At least they could prolong their games by grindy design, how hard is that?

The Tomb Raider games are free on Steam. I can recommend those. (Especially the one from 2013).
You have confused Steam with Epic. The following are free on there:
  1. Tomb Raider GOTY,
  2. Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20 Year Celebration,
  3. Shadow of the Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition.
The one from 2013 was free on Steam earlier this year to commemorate 25 years of the franchise though.

Good reviews:

9cc3b38ecefc0bd7ea8cd5cb939ac402a0d9aeee88c951979cdec8b07cb5be71_product_tile_256.jpg

...Old style adventure game on a cyberpunk world FREE on GoG:...​

Last edited:
I remember that game!
So I happened to see this trailer earlier:

My overwhelming impression was that this was Generic Video Game: The Video Game. Like, maybe I'm just in a cynical mood today, but it feels like the developers of this game have practically no imagination. The overall idea for the gameplay might be a bit different from what we see everywhere else, with two teams of four using stealth to outplay the AI and each other while trying to capture the flag loot, but the actual gameplay and the UI both look like I-don't-even-know how many other games.

And that was before I even saw the classes. It'd be one thing if you could create your own character, but no, that'd require imagination. And could the characters look realistic, or at least believeable? No, they have to look like painfully generic fantasy characters with all the tropes. We have to have The Ranger, with his Devastating Longbow. The Hunter, with his Burstfire Crossbow (wrist-mounted, of course!). Invisibility and smoke grenades! The Brawler, aka The Big Guy with the Big Sledgehammer. "When he activates his Wrath Ability, he becomes a melee powerhouse." The Mystic, who can Detect Nearby Enemies, and has Healing Abilities. Oh, and you can use your rewards to "develop your hideout", too! Jesus. I wonder how many people have pre-ordered it already...

I also saw this when I went to find that quote, which made me smile:
Congratulations Arvenski, you've reached the final human form: grumpy adulthood. Things suck and you are fully aware of it.

I have fond memories of the earliest Leisure games, but today they're tedious. There just wasn't that many games back then :smile:

Also remember an old Amiga game called Alien Breed. Apparently they kept making them.
3 of them are free on GOG now:

Back
Top Bottom