Need More Info FPS Issues

Users who are viewing this thread

Hello everyone!

So since yesterday I’ve had alot of fps issues in Warband. I play on 240 fps and everything is fine, except for the menus and equipment options where it drops to 30ish fps or even lower.

I’ve tried re-installing the game and I tried playing it without shadowplay, but nothing seems to work.

Is there anyone out here that knows how to fix this?

Cheers, Tallie.

Do you remember anything in particular happening when it is 30 fps?
I’m not sure what you mean by that, but it drops that low when I’m in any menu or press the Esc button when I’m ingame. The actual gameplay is fine but went from steady 240 to 240 but dropping abit sometimes.

I added a secondary monitor to my setup, but I’m not playing the game on that one, so not sure if that’s the issue either.

I've a second monitor too but never face such a problem sadly. Let's try launching the game windowed and then pressing alt+Enter to get fullscreen to see if the fps problem still persists.

Hello, thank you for your suggestion but it unfortunately did not help. I'll provide a bit more detail for my problem.
I have a sort of mouse flickering and stuttering/lag, essentially bringing the game down to sometimes like 5 FPS, but only on the world map and menu (not "in-game" like battles and taverns). I'm running Prophesy of Pendor. The majority of what I've learned has been in this post. It seems to be unique to NVIDIA GPUs and I have the latest drivers. I've tried various fixes (hide blood, set display scaling in the NVIDIA control panel to GPU as opposed to display) but nothing helps. Rebooting the game doesn't fix it, and the flickering (and lag) is present as soon as I launch the game (like literally during the loading screen). Restarting my computer does, but only for an hour or two until it starts up again. I have all the latest drivers and a high-end PC, so my specs aren't the problem - in fact, I upgraded my GPU about a year ago and it was running better before and after then too.

Last edited:
It seems giving it an hour of rest has (no doubt temporarily) reset the problem, if that's of any help. I'm not sure why an immediate reboot wouldn't, though.

EDIT: And already after 5 minutes, the problem's back

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom