FPS issue part II ... plus music

Users who are viewing this thread

Full-Tang

Recruit
After reading this thread - http://taleworlds.com/v-web/bulletin/bb/viewtopic.php?t=1404

I thought I should add some observations that I am seeing with the FPS issue in a separate thread, as my issues seem to be from a different angle from the original poster's.

I too am getting heavy processor lag.

It seems to occur as the enemy forces are loading, but even more-so when I change perspective to a rear-ward view. On a more minor note, it occurs as I enter the trainer's arena, and not always but when I turn to directly face an NPC in the starter-town.

Perspective...that is, I am running on horse in battle. I maneuver the mouse so I am looking over my shoulder back at the point of engagement, and suddenly I get hit with a massive 'slideshow' as I lag out.

Further, even on the main (strategic) map, I'm finding my FPS fluctuating from 150 down to 60 and back every few seconds.

My system is a Pentium 4 2 gig processor, Lead Tek TI-4600 super cooled video card, with Soundblaster Audigy.

This last seems to be effected as well. While the music is playing, I am getting a staticy feedback on my speakers as the FPS drops. I hope this is related, it will help you track down the problem.

Hope it helps.

Actually, your problem is similar. The fps reduction only occurs when the fight is 'onscreen' or 'if it wasn't for that hill, it'd be on screen'. You have better definition for examples that are static though.

Full-Tang:

Your problem could be related to music or sound playback. Otherwise, you wouldn't get variation on the map screen. Perhaps you can try disabling music from the configuration script. Another thing to try could be disabling hardware accelaration for 3d sound.

Hmm, I'm going to have to get back to you on this later, I just got busy.

I'll try it using different settings, and the alt-enter command, and respond with the results.

Right now I need to run. Duty calls.

Okay, I was unable to resolve the slideshowing.

Neither could I eliminate the audio problem, it just got worse.

What is happening is that I now get a reverberation on the sounds, which then carries over to everything I do outside the game.

Initially, I rebooted the system, and it cleared. I then went into the game and it sounded fine, the sound problem was fixed. However, when I then exited the game, it reset something that is creating the studio sound, that reverb, on every sound effect from the desktop, to popup blockers, to other games.

I don't know if this info leads to a solution, hope it does.

I disabled music throughout this entire test, it didn't seem to help.

For those experiencing this issue:

I resolved the sound issue.

I don't know what caused it, but in my audio settings there was an option for 'enviornmental' with a slider.

Though the Environmental Effects were listed as 'no effect', the slider was at 100%. All I did was reduce that slider to 0%, and the problem was solved

Back
Top Bottom