FPS DROP - FIX (NVIDIA CARDS)

Users who are viewing this thread

^^ Not really very helpful.  Also kind of ironic how your thing says "forget the trolls".

I have this problem too but the fix doesn't work as I have a GTX 760 and that driver has never existed on my GPU since it's pretty much a brand new card, they only released them last year.  I've tried tons of solutions, but nothing's worked.  I've tried switching to direct X7, X9, and I've tried reinstalling the game twice which is a pain in the ass to do since I don't even have good internet. 
It's frustrating me to all hell and It's basically making the game unplayable. 

MaHuD said:
Not sure if you can, but have you tried asking Nvidea support if they know of any similar drivers that could work ?

It's a possible solution I suppose. 
It might not be as convenient but I'll contact nvidia if possible and see if they have any ideas on driver versions. 

EDIT: So I've spoken to an Nvidia Rep.  He's given me a list of drivers that should work for Windows 8.1 users and/or 700 series users.  So far, one driver has made it worse and one was exactly the same, I've still got another 2 drivers to try.  I'll post links if anyone is interested in the specific drivers but what I do know is that you SHOULD NOT roll back to 301.42 if you have a 700 series graphics card OR windows 8.1 as it will have serious implications on your hardware. 
I'm still trying to resolve the game issue with the help of the Nvidia rep and hopefully I'll get to the bottom of it really quickly. 

Well, I think I'll also have to revive this topic since I recently bought a new PC and my card doesn't support the older drivers as well. I tried the GeForce Experience optimization and it didn't work.

Was anyone able to find a solution for this?

Btw, it's the same in Native, NW, cRPG, WFaS as well.

I have exactly the same problem as Toi, I just cant play wfas and wb native properly (I have a Nvidia Gtx 770). The only game which works perfectly is the warband mod cRPG

Are you sure its the GPU? I run a GTX 760 and everything is fine, I have not experienced fps lag in battles of 200 people since I bought it. What other specs does your PC have?

my cpu is a intel core i7 4770, would have to look up my other parts.

Edit: Since the latest warband patch I have almost no laggs, have to test it now as well on IG

Well I always turn bodies off in NW. This is one of the main things which still makes me lag sometimes, especially in a big melee brawl in 100vs100 battles. So turning down your graphic settings might be worth a shot aswell.

Did it, I still experience laggs although I play without bodies,  lowest graphic, direct x7 and so on.....Not to mention that I have a Nvidia gtx770 and an Intel core i7, which is enough to run every other game perfectly^^

Is there no new fix for this? It is ridiculous. I can't even install this 3 years old driver, least I can revert to is 311 I think.

Have had Warband since 2010 or 2011 and never had issues with fps. Did not play it for a while, now picked up Napoleonic Wars on sale 2 days ago.

The funniest thing is that the settings do zero difference, in game, I get the same fps at all Very high with HDR and AA and all the perks on, as I do with DX7 on low resolution with everything on low/off.
While Warband still runs somewhat ok, just much worse than I recall, Napoleonic wars is near unplayable on some maps (as low as 7 fps). Even the Tutorial never goes above 26.
I do know my system is no powerhouse, but I never had any problems with lag in any of M&B titles, until recently. Besides, With Fire&Sword runs at more than 2X the fps that Warband does and is butter smooth, it seems that only everything that goes though Warband launcher has issues.

edit: after couple hours of cleaning the drivers, was able to force the 301.42 drive on. It does give a bit of boost to performance, not much really, but at least now changing the video settings affects the performance.
Can only hope Viking Conquest will work better on Nvidia.

I don't see how this is hardware issue when GPU load doesn't go over 45% and none of the CPU cores ever get worked over 50%.

Also, With Fire&Sword runs 50-70 fps on every possible option maxed out during multiplayer 100 vs 100 battles.
Meanwhile Warband, which is and older game, chokes along around 15 fps in 40 vs 40 at low/medium/whatever settings. The difference is just too huge.

My brother with his weak laptop full of viruses can run Napoleonic wars at higher fps than me, while every other game my desktop runs much better.

Out of ideas.

Edit:
Surprisingly, the game runs fine now. Today I started it up and it runs on very high settings at constant 60fps (could be more but I have locked it at that) in places where it was running 25 before. I changed some settings in Nvidia control panel yesterday, but at the time they did not seem to help. The only thing I changed today - disabled Steam Overlay.
If I manage to reproduce the problem and root out what was the cause, will let you all know.

Any new-ish alternatives?
I'm not going to roll back to 4 year old drivers because of a game with an engine from 2008.
I have a 2700k and a GTX 680, which should be more than enough to not get performance drops in M&B.

Back
Top Bottom