FPS Consistently Dropping Overtime on New PC?

Users who are viewing this thread

Ever since I built my PC, I have been having FPS issues with this game and no other games (even when running at 4k), only this game. I have my FPS set to 300 (I've set it to Vsync, 60, 120, anything really), and the FPS will eventually decrease over time and then might immediately jump back up like as seen at the end of the video. Regardless of the FPS limit set (inb4 "Why do you need 300fps??? Like I said, it happens at any FPS limit set), the FPS will begin to decrease and will jump back up. I have tinkered with all the settings I could think of, Windows Compatibility settings, Resolution, In-Game Settings, Force Single Threading, Windowed Mode, Load Textures on Demand, High Scaling DPI, basically anything I could think of. This happens when I have nothing else besides the game running, except for background processes and also when I have other programs running such as an Internet Browser. I'm at a loss on what to do in order to fix this issue.

Before I built this PC, I had 8GB of Memory, and a 1070 (which I currently don't have anymore), and a i5-4670k CPU.

These are the specs I currently have:

d02f557dd5.png

All of these should be able to run this game without this issue. I have updated my Graphics Driver, installed other hardware drivers, nothing that I do fixes this issue.

I've messed with settings in Nvidia's Control Panel to no avail.

I've also taken my graphics card out and put it back in

Is it just the game not being compatible with some of my hardware since it's an old game? I'm hoping so. This happens on both Native and Napoleonic Wars and on any map.

Attached is a video of what happens in game (albeit not as bad as it usually does), as the FPS can go from 300 down to ~10 fps at times, and go right back up to 300fps. It's hard to tell in this video, but the FPS counter in the top left fluctuates and eventually starts decreasing around the 45 second mark, and jumps back up soon after.

This game was designed for PCs with single core as i know, thus make the sudden low fps happens from time to time on the new PCs.
Unless anyone else can give us a hand.

Same here with similar specs (RTX 2070, but not on 4k). I run every game at max smoothly. In Warband I get stutters and seemingly random fps drops and stutter (sound sometimes as well), sometimes with as few as 60 bots. Restarting the game sometimes seems to help. Tried many suggestions and tweaks out there, nothing really helps. System monitor says CPU is running on around 7% constantly, GPU is breaking no sweat either obviously. Any Suggestions?

Yep, having a similar issue on Ryzen and GTX 1060, although my GPU and VRAM clocks go up and down from desktop idle lows to max boost highs during the huge frame drops and problems.

I would suggest checking out if you are also having this or if our problems are separate... :wink:

Also... Whut, a GTX 2080 with only 4GB VRAM? What the heck? That could be your problem, a defective video card?

Back
Top Bottom