FPS and performance issues

Users who are viewing this thread

Hi,

I have been running into issues with performance in VC. I rarely get above 20fps in the world map and it drops considerably during battles that exceed 200 soldiers but I feel like my PC should be able to handle much more.

I'm Running Win10
Processor: Intel Core i7 - 4500U CPU @ 1.80GHz
RAM: 8.00 GB
64bit System

What else do you guy need from me to help me out?

DF

read the OP (first post) in this thread: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,336276.0.html

add (using spoiler tag) your rgl_config.txt and rgl_log.txt
my files here

GPU?

make sure you are not playing on compatible mod (Steam does that, see the link above about it)

update your game: are you using Steam? If not, you must download Warband again (1.16:cool: and VC 2.005 (even if you have WB installed, you need to download it again)

update your computer drivers. Many players have issues with Win10.

test the game with a new save: create a new sandbox game and play for a bit, don't use a old file in case it is corrupted. That is for testing performance

I don't have VC yet, but I assume it can still be ran in DX7 mode, if it can, try that. The graphics will be considerably worse (much worse tbh) but it could net you a massive performance increase. This is done through the Warband launcher options before starting the game.

And actually, I also have Intel HD graphics, so if you try this and it helps I'd much appreciate it if you could let me know, thanks.

Also, I assume you're doing this already, but turn all of the graphic options to the lowest settings possible. Also make sure you have anti-aliasing, antistropic filtering, and v-synch turned off. Might even help to turn these settings off in your actual graphics card settings outside of the game. AA can especially cause huge FPS drops.

Running it in DX7 mode is the most likely to get you a playable FPS.

Turning off particle effects could also help dramatically, but it takes a lot away from the game. If all of this stuff helps but dust/particles are still giving you trouble, switching the particle effects file out with a less-intensive one from either native Warband or a mod could provide some benefit as well, but not if all the previous options haven't gotten you to where you need to be FPS-wise.

Back
Top Bottom