Founding your own faction

Users who are viewing this thread

Tchan

Veteran
How do you do it? Is it just a matter of taking a castle/town by siege whilst being neutral - no alleigances to any lord or faction?
Thx

P.s. Also as a side note, i've tried using battlecry and warcry in combat but nothing happens... keys u and b, is this normal? Or are you supposed to hear something or get some feedback. Right now i press the keys but cannot tell if anything has happened.

That works, as does revolting against your liege if he refuses to award you a castle/town that you captured.

The latter is attractive since it gives you an opportunity to build up a collection of villages, castles and towns prior to declaring independence which makes it a bit easier to attract nobles and build up a large standing (garrisoned) army.

Tchan said:
How do you do it? Is it just a matter of taking a castle/town by siege whilst being neutral - no alleigances to any lord or faction?
Thx
That is what i did, but you can as has been said join a faction, get some land and then revolt.

Tchan said:
P.s. Also as a side note, i've tried using battlecry and warcry in combat but nothing happens... keys u and b, is this normal? Or are you supposed to hear something or get some feedback. Right now i press the keys but cannot tell if anything has happened.
Yeah me too... You'd expect your warlord to belt out a face melter (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBiP6Ch4geE :razz:) but as far as I can see nothing actually happens.

Tchan said:

You should see some text in the area which usually shows casualty reports etc. that tells you you have used your warcry, as well as your character lifting his/her sword arm in the air... However I have noticed that neither seem to work during sieges. Not sure why...

I also can't form a new faction by revolting against my liege.

I take a castle and claim it for myself, but then, my liege gives it to someone else. And I don't get the choice to regard myself wronged. Is there any further condition? I'm at relation 47 with my liege. Do I need to calm it down?

Bayard-X said:

I take a castle and claim it for myself, but then, my liege gives it to someone else. And I don't get the choice to regard myself wronged. Is there any further condition? I'm at relation 47 with my liege. Do I need to calm it down?

Go to your king and tell him "I want to break free"... and then you can rock out with Queen  :grin:

No seriously, I think there is a dialouge option when talking to your liege that allows you to go your own way, but  I don't know if it is disapears if you have too good relations with him.

aurgelmir said:
Bayard-X said:

Go to your king and tell him "I want to break free"... and then you can rock out with Queen  :grin:

No seriously, I think there is a dialouge option when talking to your liege that allows you to go your own way, but  I don't know if it is disapears if you have too good relations with him.

I still have that option. But I don't like losing my stuff, while rebelling would save it...

Bayard-X said:
I still have that option. But I don't like losing my stuff, while rebelling would save it...

Ohh I thought you would still have your fiefs... well then I don't know.

I just attacked a faction that was occupied with two wars, conquored a city and two castles and got a separate peace before the king had time to come around with his minions to bash me into the ground... and so was the Kingdom of Theodland founded ^^

Back
Top Bottom