Forum Bug/Issue/Error Reporting

Users who are viewing this thread

The space characters are not displayed and the layout is completely ruined. The best is that, internally, the spaces characters are there because if you reedit the message, the display is still correct. No, the spaces are just not displayed when posted.

This worked perfectly into the previous forum, so please can you fix the displayer so that the multiple spaces characters strings are not eaten when displayed into the messages list.
Sorry, but this won't be possible within posts as a whole; XenForo uses a different BBCode interpreter than SMF. The way XenForo handles it is actually the default since that's how HTML renders, displaying long sections of spaces (and/or newlines) as a single space. SMF actually adds in extra formatting for posts to overcome this by converting every 2nd space into a special "non-breaking-space" character.
However, you have a couple of options.
  1. You can use the new "[PRE]preformatted text[/PRE]" BBCode which I just now added. This should work as you want with a fixed-width font and spaces preserved within it. It also does support limited additional formatting within it, such as specifying text colors.
  2. You can use a Code block (using the "..." Insert button on the posting form and choosing Code, or using "[code][/code]" BBcode directly), though this will display with a "Code" header and might be colored based on which language you choose.
  3. If you just want to maintain distinct columns like you appear to want, you can simply use a Table. If you don't want a border shown, you can specify that using "[TABLE=noborder]".

I tried solution 2, but the colors are not interpreted into the code box, so it's not satisfaying :

Dp12o6z.png

I tried solution 1. Clearly better, but an extra void line is added between each line, is it possible to prevent this ?

KghxG3A.png

CcbZXDB.png

Thanks for your time spend on this. (y)

Go onto your profile and then click on your profile picture and you should be able to edit it (the 'edit' text will only show once your cursor is over the picture).
0wjhlg2.png

This doesn't seem to be working for me. I tried Opera and IE with and without extensions. It might be because we don't have any profile picture to change as new members.

This doesn't seem to be working for me. I tried Opera and IE with and without extensions. It might be because we don't have any profile picture to change as new members.
Avatars can only be set after 24 hours have elapsed from your account initially being created. Having images and links work are under the same restriction, as well as being able to post Media.
These restrictions as a whole are to help prevent spam and easy throwaway troll accounts.

I can't see Imgur images in Media-artwork section. (i can see detail's small image, but not big one).
I can go to image, website is OK, but non-of-the-images at website is visible.
Can we see Imgur as Wikipedia soon?

I can't see Imgur images in Media-artwork section. (i can see detail's small image, but not big one).
I can go to image, website is OK, but non-of-the-images at website is visible.
Can we see Imgur as Wikipedia soon?

In some countries (like Turkey) imgur is blocked, so you'll probably see the thumbnail but not the main image. Are you saying you can go to the imgur link and it's fine but it's not showing on this website or the fact the image isn't working on imgur and on this website?

In some countries (like Turkey) imgur is blocked, so you'll probably see the thumbnail but not the main image. Are you saying you can go to the imgur link and it's fine but it's not showing on this website or the fact the image isn't working on imgur and on this website?
just like these

1.png

2.png

Can't get "game ownership" to work, it sends me to

but then redirects to the home page at taleworlds.com.

Maybe it's just me, I recall it being the same in the final few months of the old forum when I looked at adding VC and WFaS to my owned games.

edit: :grin: even the link came out auto-labeled as "Home..."

@Cilcain
Click "My Account" in the upper right corner on that page, then choose Login. Log in using your forum account login info. Then that link leads to the "My Games" page. It only works once you've logged in that way on the main website.

Back
Top Bottom