Forum Upgrade 21/01/2021

Users who are viewing this thread

I still don't understand why, when posting link, sometimes it shows a preview of the link, sometimes not :S
If a link is copied as plain text (like from a browser's URL box at the top) and then pasted in, it will generally be displayed as text until you preview or submit the post, at which point the forum's BBCode parser will look over the post and figure out that it is a URL and automatically turn it into a working link. If a link as copied as a complex object (selecting a link within a browser page, or within a document, or whatever), it will generally be pasted in with that more complex state as an existing link, much like bold/italics/etc. are also copied over. Or, if you use the "Insert link" button at the top of the posting box to create a link, it will naturally be immediately shown as a link.

...Can you please replace the new link color... ---> LINK

...with a lighter one, like the orange we had in the previous version... --->LINK

...my old eyes will thanks you...?
I concur. The red color makes me think of a broken link, like on Wikipedia when a link is red only if it leads to nowhere.

---

Also, when I reply to someone, I get their text in a formatted quote. Is it possible to disable it (and more generally, disable all the formatting that would appear in "preview" and only have the raw text + formatting code in the textbox) ?

Also, when I reply to someone, I get their text in a formatted quote. Is it possible to disable it (and more generally, disable all the formatting that would appear in "preview" and only have the raw text + formatting code in the textbox) ?
Use the "[ ]" button in the upper right. If you're on a narrow/mobile screen, it might be under the farthest right "".

Back
Top Bottom