Forum Rules are not really a thing on here

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get the concerns from the OP, but obviously many things are not the way they seem.

First and foremost moderators are merely volunteers not in any way related and in any status in TaleWorlds.

We are willingly often taking a more lenient approach in moderating, giving everyone chances for redemption, and that's in my opinion what makes these forums stand out, while keeping the old school forum feel, except in some matters that we have no tolerance for.
Criticising the game and TaleWorlds is not one of those matters, when done without unneccessary insulting or belittling, as you can see by searching a bit that may of the moderators have been harsh in criticising both, myself being one of them.

The supposed "triple post" you refer to, isn't in fact a triple post, but a user deleted his posts in between each of Dr. Shinobi's posts, making it look like it after that action. Tnx for pointing it out now, we can sort it out, you can also use the report function for pointing out multi-posting.

If you haven't noticed, Dr.Shinobi recieved a number of verbal warnings and warning points recently, as well as made the warning treshold lowered.
You, and anyone else breaking the rules never go unnoticed, be sure of that, but know that breaking the rules create tolerance in treshold with each rule broken, first no to litttle action is taken, then one or a couple of verbal warnings, and finally warning points, and when unfortunately they start raining, they pour.

The lenient approach is also meant to prevent that last instance from happening.

Yeah i have never been angry at anyone ^^ More amused at times when they are trying to manipulate. Sure i can be direct and such on discussions and passionate about it. But never been angry at anyone just intrigued xD How ever i always try to respect others opinions even if i dont agree with them nor see them in game. But i always question it if the subject dont feel right and hope the others dont take it to personal so to speak...But i dont like bullies either thinking they can do what they want so theres that to :smile:

Last edited:
Are you inclining for the mods to turn into discord admins enforcing complete power over the forums? We'd all be banned long ago if they moderated like this.

Thankfully the moderators understand the passion and frustrations causing all these arguments and do a pretty good job of only stepping in when it's needed.

Are you inclining for the mods to turn into discord admins enforcing complete power over the forums? We'd all be banned long ago if they moderated like this.
Not really well for some yes. Ive been a moderator for an big Tarkov site and discord once and much was tolerated there. But then there are those special people who like to stir up things for their own amusement but also some because they have a troublesome lifes at home they need to project out....Those serious talk nights i tell ya ^^ hard life being a mod and i understand them...especially when it comes to a company site where its more sensitive because of public relations

Rules are not black and white, context is important. If we were as black and white as the rules suggest, half of the forum members would be warned, muted & banned. Shinobi has been warned for his actions, much like anyone else who is blatantly breaking rules. Usually we hand out verbal warnings to calm the thread, because ultimately it's not a one way street, it's usually two different parties sharing two different opinions. Getting people to calm down is a first priority, and warnings are usually handed out as a secondary. If the 'beef' calmed down after the verbal, then there's no need to hand out actual warnings, you just move on; handing out warnings would actually be detrimental and would cause more issues than not.

A lot of issues go unreported, so if you feel there's an issue with someone's post - then report the comment. We (moderators) are voluntary, meaning we have other things going on, so we can't check every thread all the time (although we do tend to check a lot of them). It's no good creating this thread when you've not been reporting all the problematic comments you've seen Cyres, you can't blatantly lie about you 'reporting' your own comments either, because that's completely not true.

At the end of the day, it's fine to have concerns over the moderation team, but this is a community - we're not out here to warn everyone and everything because 'the rules state it', context is important, rules are not black and white. If rules were black and white, there would be no need for the subjective opinion of moderators; you'd just get an automated system which warns, mutes and bans people depending on what they post. We're lenient because it's fine to be angry and to have heated discussions, it's only problematic when it gets out of hand and warnings are given.

Lastly, in regards to 'Dr-Shinobi', again, it's a two way street to the point if he does say anything reasonable, he'd still get shut down and the thread derails into the Ad Hominem chaos. You can't be angry with everything that he says, otherwise you're just as bad as him for reacting the way you do. Report the comment and let the moderation team handle it; Shinobi does have warning points, so action does get taken. Also, thanks for pointing a few things out (such as the double posting), I've merged his post and sent an alert; it would have been nice if this was reported though, but again, people usually don't report the issues they see.

Last edited:
Rules are not black and white, context is important. If we were as black and white as the rules suggest, half of the forum members would be warned, muted & banned. Shinobi has been warned for his actions, much like anyone else who is blatantly breaking rules.
Yep and i stand for those mistakes i did as i understood them......
Even if the community should be warned at times i take that hit for the sake of humanity :wink:

Once I criticised a youtuber in Turkish forum and got warning points by a Turkish moderator immediately, reason of warning published as "insulting criticism" after that I only used Turkish forum once or twice. :smile: Anyway, I mean they could've ignore that but they didn't, so, the rules apply, at least for me.

Edit: fixed typo; otwice > once or twice

The Person i am mostly talking about this is @Dr-Shinobi as he is one of the most hateful people on this forum i have witnessed so far. He almost broke every single Rule there is on this forum and is yet to be without any consequences.
Warnings are not visible on a user's profile to anyone but that user & moderation staff. The only way you would see if a user had received warnings is if they surpassed the mute threshold (4+ points within 1 month of each other, but you knew that as it's stated clearly in the rules).

Your Moderators don't have the best reputation already on here
Oh, no! Well if it's a matter of our reputation, then here, in order to preserve what shreds of dignity we have left I will present evidence that you're actually just lying:
Kas3KZW.png

Clearly, we don't appreciate Dr-Shinobi's recent behavior any more than you do. We're following our process for handling it, but we are not obligated to inform all comers about every little action we take in these incidents. Just because you aren't seeing us take action or being told about it when it happens doesn't mean we're standing idly by.

Clearly, we don't appreciate Dr-Shinobi's recent behavior any more than you do. We're following our process for handling it, but we are not obligated to inform all comers about every little action we take in these incidents. Just because you aren't seeing us take action or being told about it when it happens doesn't mean we're standing idly by.

Strange that you can defend this guy like this when hes clearly trying to blow things out of proportions. Those things i did was minor stuff. Sure i exposed him as an troll in the wrong timing and i can be to direct at times with my discussions... but does that make me an really bad guy ? Seems so from you guys perspectives which is a shame. I mean people can constantly abuse TW and other people daily which shouldnt be alright and if someone stands up for himself and sometimes confronts those people, that man is the one to be blamed ?. Critique is good for an developemnt process and so are their costumers since they have all rights....But does that mean they have the right to do as they please being totally rude as to use abusive words along giving out false information on daily basis...hell no.

Last edited:
Um.... yes, the gas lighting pro is at it again. He posts that three stooges crap ( it's still up) and I get 2 infraction points for calling him out on that bull**** and other crap that is completely uncalled for harassment. The moderating in here leaves a lot to be desired.

Um.... yes, the gas lighting pro is at it again. He posts that three stooges crap ( it's still up) and I get 2 infraction points for calling him out on that bull**** and other crap that is completely uncalled for. The moderating in here leaves a lot to be desired.
I still like you Steve even if this has gotten the best of you....but the more you do this along with seeing your friends interact subconsciously with similar call out words you 3 are using together here and there without even interacting. Im now more seeing the clear picture and some might be alts who knows :wink:....

Last edited:
Nothing has gotten the best of me lol, I am not going to agree to something like this false nicety because you do not own up to this crap. That is not how life works kid.
Well you have been really aggressive lately which isnt what im used to...Sure i could see this when someone did an friendly joke to you point out all the sheep textures...then you got really agresive to, until you calmed down after some time. But now idk where youre heading to be honest and why you react as you do agianst the other two being exposed....since they clearly know you saying your an old time fan and veteran being new here...Which is suspisions of itself. Listen to me Steve, ive been working in the Intelligence center before...profiling people was my job...if you want to go that road we can. Or else we can just relax and enjoy the game...or not its up to you. Just try to be nice to people who have different opinions then you and so shall i. Also try not to feed to much false info out there just because youre not feeling well about the production along with your friends

Last edited:
Well you have been really aggressive lately which isnt what im used to...Sure i could see this when someone did an friendly joke to you point out all the sheep textures...then you got really agresive to, until you calmed down after some time. But now idk where youre heading to be honest and why you react as you do agianst the other two being exposed....since they clearly know you saying your an old time fan and veteran being new here...Which is suspisions of itself. Listen to me Steve, ive been working in the Intelligence center before...profiling people was my job...if you want to go that road we can. Or else we can just relax and enjoy the game...or not its up to you. Just try to be nice to people who have different opinions then you and so shall i. Also try not to feed to much false info out there just because youre not feeling well about the production along with your friends

Stop trolling people that have negative opinions of things in Bannerlord that you don't agree with. It's a simple as that. Problem solved.

Strange that you can defend this guy like this when hes clearly trying to blow things out of proportions. Those things i did was minor stuff. Sure i exposed him as an troll in the wrong timing and i can be to direct at times with my discussions... but does that make me an really bad guy ? Seems so from you guys perspectives which is a shame. I mean people can constantly abuse TW and other people daily which shouldnt be alright and if someone stands up for himself and sometimes confronts those people, that man is the one to be blamed ?. Critique is good for an developemnt process and so are their costumers since they have all rights....But does that mean they have the right to do as they please being totally rude as to use abusive words along giving out false information on daily basis...hell no.
You just read what you want to and ignore the rest. It's tiresome. You know just as well as I do how severe those warnings were, so you can answer your questions yourself.

Um.... yes, the gas lighting pro is at it again. He posts that three stooges crap ( it's still up) and I get 2 infraction points for calling him out on that bull**** and other crap that is completely uncalled for harassment. The moderating in here leaves a lot to be desired.
I know you can read, so maybe look at what I wrote. He has warnings as recent as this Monday.

This thread was never useful to begin with, started off with straight-up misinformation, and is just an attack by one member on another. We're done here, folks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom