Forum Feedback and Suggestions (NOT Game Feedback)

Users who are viewing this thread

Why did it become so bothersome like this? Could it be developed to something practical like before?
It's a weakness in XenForo's poll functionality, specifically the permission to delete polls after someone has voted is rolled up into a much bigger moderator permission which allows them to manage (move, merge, etc.) threads posted by anyone. There's currently no fix or workaround, sorry.

EDIT:
I might end up making an addon at some point to implement that functionality, allowing users to delete their own polls even if there are votes on them. No promises, but it's on my "check into at some point" list.

Last edited:
when you make a table that is centered but also have centered elements then if the wysiwyg editor is used tehe table is messed up

for an example this code which has main titles centered within a table will revert to the titles all being at the top of the section rather than spread out throughout the main table if saved in the wysiwyg.
I assume this is due to the way the table modifier 'centered' works but is this a bug?

Quarterfinals

Fixtures

Quarter Finals: 1​
Cintra​
v​
Vineyard Workers
Aero-Forum-Line-400px.png
Aero-result-blank.jpg
Aero-result-blank.jpg
Aero-result-blank.jpg
Aero-result-blank.jpg
Aero-result-blank.jpg

Quarter Finals: 2​
Risen Manifest​
v​
Defenders of Fortune
Aero-result-blank.jpg
Aero-result-blank.jpg
Aero-result-blank.jpg
Aero-result-blank.jpg
Aero-result-blank.jpg

Quarter Finals: 3​
Hawkband + XIIIth Tagma​
v​
Winner Top 16 6
Aero-result-blank.jpg
Aero-result-blank.jpg
Aero-result-blank.jpg
Aero-result-blank.jpg
Aero-result-blank.jpg

Quarter Finals: 4​
Keyboard Warriors​
v​
Deutschritter
Aero-result-blank.jpg
Aero-result-blank.jpg
Aero-result-blank.jpg
Aero-result-blank.jpg
Aero-result-blank.jpg

when you make a table that is centered but also have centered elements then if the wysiwyg editor is used tehe table is messed up

for an example this code which has main titles centered within a table will revert to the titles all being at the top of the section rather than spread out throughout the main table if saved in the wysiwyg.
I assume this is due to the way the table modifier 'centered' works but is this a bug?
Seems like it might be a WYSIWYG bug. However, XenForo 2.2 is currently in beta and has a bunch of WYSIWYG and other changes, so it's possible this will be taken care of there. So, I'm not going to worry too much about it just now.

I have pretty much all the language forums on my ignore list since, well, I don't speak most languages.
New posts in those ignored forums still show up in the 'Latest posts' box on the frontpage - any chance to have that exclude ignored forums?
It's really not a huge issue but if it's an easy change (or a setting I missed somewhere) I'd appreciate it.
Sorry, but the "latest posts" box on the forum index and front page doesn't filter out things you are ignoring. The "New posts" area however does filter out any forums or threads you're ignoring.

Honestly, one of my major problems (apart from this damn terrible theme - bring back classic!) Is unlike the old forum, I can't select latest threads in a certain sub forum. Alongside that, when I select the latest threads (obviously only option atm is overall) when I've read a thread and its latest posts, the thread itself is still there unlike the old forum, which causes me to have to scroll a lot through the threads I've already seen.

I am not entirely sure how a group works. I made a subforum and then the option to that disapppeared. Are groups intentionally limited to only one subforum or am I missing something?
They're limited to 2 subforums per group. Are you a group admin and unable to create a 2nd subforum in that group?

Honestly, one of my major problems (apart from this damn terrible theme - bring back classic!) Is unlike the old forum, I can't select latest threads in a certain sub forum.
You could only do that in a limited fashion on the old forums, being able to view unread posts within one of the categories rather than a single forum / subforum. That's indeed not possible on the new forum software AFAIK. Sorry. Or are you talking about something else?
Alongside that, when I select the latest threads (obviously only option atm is overall) when I've read a thread and its latest posts, the thread itself is still there unlike the old forum, which causes me to have to scroll a lot through the threads I've already seen.
If you're viewing the "New posts" section, it should default to "Unread" being enabled. When you've viewed a thread or 10, you can click that "New posts" link again to refresh the list and remove all threads which you've seen the last post of, along with adding newer posts made since you last refreshed the list. Simply refreshing the page doesn't update the list because it caches those results, for better server performance. You can also of course change the Filters on that page to only show watched content, threads you've participated in, etc.

Last edited:
yes to admin, I guess the main 'discussion' part counts as one subforum? in that case we have 2. I was hoping for more flexibility on this.
Yes, we're limiting groups to two discussion forums including the initial one, to keep the overall number of forum nodes from getting too out of hand.

I think that's fair. I can hardly see why a group would want more than one subforums, but I guess that's nice we have the option to at least have two. I also understand why you'd want to limit the number of subforums. But if I were to let people have more than one subforums, I'd make the limit a tiny bit higher because when you think about it, the first subforum of a group is the "general" forum, where most topics go. So what would be the second subforum? If you want it to be specific, then you'd have to justify why this one specific thing has its own category while everything else is in the main. So to make the most of it, the second subforum sorts of have to be as generic as the first one, like both are halves of the same thing. It's too odd to really be doing groups a favour. However, I think if you're thinking about making more than 5 subforums for your group, you ought to have your own forum and it's not like hosting, dns and bandwith costs are expensive for small sites and even if you won't consider it, then there's always self hosting, which can be pretty reasonable (raspberry pi + dns and you're done). There's also a plethora of free forums and free hosts where you can make your own boards.

Last edited:
Now, normally I get mad when sites ask if they can do this, but I would love to be able to set up push notifications so I know when a thread I am watching get posted in without having to leave a forum tab open.

I understand for the off-topic boys that could be a nuisance, but I don't post in a whole lotta threads and it's an opt-in feature, so I would love it

when you type @ and then a user name the forum usually comes up with suggestions but I couldnt get this to work for [KW]White Lion. is it my pc or does the square bracket inhibit it?
I've checked into it using other usernames starting with brackets and have confirmed that seems to be the problem. Even names with brackets later in the name work correctly, even if you type out the name up to and including that bracket. I'm pretty sure it still works if you type out his full name after the @.
Briefly testing: @[KW]White Lion
I've gone ahead and reported this bug with XenForo.

EDIT:
I stand corrected, not only does autocomplete not suggest his name after "@", the mention also doesn't work. Adding that to the bug report.

Now, normally I get mad when sites ask if they can do this, but I would love to be able to set up push notifications so I know when a thread I am watching get posted in without having to leave a forum tab open.

I understand for the off-topic boys that could be a nuisance, but I don't post in a whole lotta threads and it's an opt-in feature, so I would love it
Hmm, we could indeed enable that. I've checked and it just adds a small pop-up notice at the bottom of the page, and it seems you can easily dismiss it (after a slightly annoying 2nd popup asking if you're sure) and have it never come back, though the option to enable push notifications remains available in your user preferences. Seems reasonable enough.
As I recall it used to be more annoying, which is why we didn't initially enable it.

I'll go ahead and turn it on, and we can direct any negative feedback about it to you. :wink:

Last edited:
I've checked into it using other usernames starting with brackets and have confirmed that seems to be the problem. Even names with brackets later in the name work correctly, even if you type out the name up to and including that bracket. I'm pretty sure it still works if you type out his full name after the @.

EDIT:
I stand corrected, not only does autocomplete not suggest his name after "@", the mention also doesn't work. Adding that to the bug report.

I got around it by typing out the bbcode after finding the user ID, but now I am used to the shortcut it all feels like hard work ^^

After a bit more time to consider it and some prodding from Earendil, I've decided we'll probably be OK with increasing the limit of group discussion boards from 2 to 3. So, that's now set.

EDIT:
They've confirmed this as a known issue with brackets in usernames which they unfortunately can't fix due to how it's designed.

Back
Top Bottom