Forum Feedback and Suggestions (NOT Game Feedback)

Users who are viewing this thread

Is is not possible anymore to have an animated (.gif) avatar?
When editing the current avatar it appears to be animated but it doesn't move in the forum itself.

(It's animated in the "edit avatar" setting:
sfdNugm.png
)

It's on the list. Imgur "/gallery/" URL links work (though submission page is a little messy looking), but other types of Imgur links currently don't. I may or may not be able to come up with a workaround to make all Imgur links work. If not, it will have to wait for the addon dev to release a fix.
Hello,

Is there a reliable solution to post again snapshots ?

Up to end 2019 I was, as many, using Noelshack to store snapshop and display them on this forum. But end 2019, not only Webedia decided to keep the use of Noelshack only for the site Jeuxvideo.com, but morover they deleted all the images that where not used on Jeuxvideo.com. Which means that all the smapshots that where in my messages on this forum since many years disappeared suddenly. :sick:

So I had to search another site where I could store my snapshots to be displayed on this forum. To use my Google drive could have been a good solution, but it does not provide links to display images into forums. Finally I came to Imgur, even if I regret that the snapshots are always displayed at full size (I liked previous way where the snapshots where displayed in small size and were full sized with a simple mouse click). But today Imgur is not usable anymore here and you're not sure it will be in the future.

So ? Where could we upload our snapshots and have them safe for years with the possibility to display them here ? Many people need this functionality on this forum, in the modding and translation sections for example, so we need a reliable solution. :xf-smile:

Small question on another subject : is there a way to reverse (from a timestamp point of view) the display of messages into a subject as it was possible with the previous forum? Or to add a "Go to last message" button?

Been obliged to click on the last page number and then use the mouse to go down to the last messages is tedious.

Thanks.

<Please don't double post :smile:>

Last edited:
Are we no longer allowed to merge threads in our subforums? I couldn't find the option.

If you look at the posts in the list view, you should see a small checkbox on them. If you tick the posts you want to merge, you should see a moderation bar appear at the bottom where you can choose to merge the posts.

oh ok thanks and sorry there!

edit1 willthis stay there or do i have to save move em somewhere for future?

We don't have any plans to take down the old forums any time soon, however, if there is something important in those PMs then yes, you should definitely make your own backup.

Is there a way to mark a discussion or a subforum as "read forever" and do not have the new posts ?
I cannot read some languages (turkish, german, ...) and I would like not to have them when I click the "New posts" button.
Thanks.

Is there a way to mark a discussion or a subforum as "read forever" and do not have the new posts ?
I cannot read some languages (turkish, german, ...) and I would like not to have them when I click the "New posts" button.
Thanks.

We are currently looking into bringing that feature back. Not sure of the ETA, but shouldn't be too far away.

Hello,

Is there a reliable solution to post again snapshots ?

Up to end 2019 I was, as many, using Noelshack to store snapshop and display them on this forum. But end 2019, not only Webedia decided to keep the use of Noelshack only for the site Jeuxvideo.com, but morover they deleted all the images that where not used on Jeuxvideo.com. Which means that all the smapshots that where in my messages on this forum since many years disappeared suddenly. :sick:

So I had to search another site where I could store my snapshots to be displayed on this forum. To use my Google drive could have been a good solution, but it does not provide links to display images into forums. Finally I came to Imgur, even if I regret that the snapshots are always displayed at full size (I liked previous way where the snapshots where displayed in small size and were full sized with a simple mouse click). But today Imgur is not usable anymore here and you're not sure it will be in the future.

So ? Where could we upload our snapshots and have them safe for years with the possibility to display them here ? Many people need this functionality on this forum, in the modding and translation sections for example, so we need a reliable solution. :xf-smile:
The post you quoted was in regards to posting to the Media section, which is available in the top menu. Posting screenshots as images within posts (assuming that's what you're referring to) should work pretty much exactly the same as before, and is not what was being discussed.

Small question on another subject : is there a way to reverse (from a timestamp point of view) the display of messages into a subject as it was possible with the previous forum? Or to add a "Go to last message" button?

Been obliged to click on the last page number and then use the mouse to go down to the last messages is tedious.
The time listed on the far right of a thread listing when viewing a board will take you to the last post, the same as that little icon did on the old forum in pretty much the same location.

Posting screenshots as images within posts (assuming that's what you're referring to) should work pretty much exactly the same as before
No, it doesn't work since several days and I'm not talking of the Media section. I am trying in a subject of the French forum :
https://forums.taleworlds.com/index...world-of-ice-and-fire-game-of-thrones.385962/
I click on the photo icon, I copy the URL given by Imgur (section BBCode (message board ans forums)), and I always obtain the famous error message: "Something went wrong. Please try again or contact the administrator".
I used successfully this functionality at the beginning of the new forum with snapshots posted on Imgur, but now that leads to this error message since several days. :confused:

The time listed on the far right of a thread listing when viewing a board will take you to the last post
OK, thanks, I will use this to go to the last message. (y)
I suppose that I must understand that the reverse display does not exist anymore.

AAAAHHHHHH!!!! Many thanks, Antoine, it works!

Tip: In order not to have the complete big snapshot displayed in the message, I've enclosed it into a Quote. :xf-wink:

this color scheme is really tiring for the eyes. On top of that the whole UX for these new forums is way too confusing. It's not intuitive at all... There's too much unwanted information on the top of the page, and the column containing posts is too narrow... I'd make some drastic changes, and probably follow the color scheme that user has "modded" through that extension app... Well, hope this changes sooner rather than later.

PS: I refuse to install that extension just for these forums, specially because I do not trust it's developer. If you're willing to hire a UX adivisor I can do that for you, I can do the whole UX scheme + layouts, though I'm no programmer... xoxo

Both Janus and Callum have fixed a number of issues since forum launch and a bunch of good old features will be reimplemented with time. I believe Callum mentioned an extra theme at some point, too.

Back
Top Bottom