Forum Feedback and Suggestions (NOT Game Feedback)

Users who are viewing this thread

yeah i am using the channel ID from the advanced settings, it brought them over from the old forum.

The steam link seems to accept words or usernames instead of your actual steam link, so i can type in Osiris and it will work and link it to a random Osiris but i cant link it to me lol

is the issue perhaps that it cant start with an underscore so _Osiris_ wont work?

@Aeronwen For Steam you just have to paste the custom URL part. You can obtain it by opening your profile on Steam, right clicking and going 'Copy Page URL' and you'll get https://steamcommunity.com/id/Aeronwen_Trewent/

Just paste the Aeronwen_Trewent part in the Steam field on the profile settings, that's the custom URL. If any of you haven't set a custom URL it'll just be a number.

As I said earlier I still got the error message with:
Aeronwen_Trewent
https://steamcommunity.com/id/Aeronwen_Trewent/
https://steamcommunity.com/id/Aeronwen_Trewent

okay mine is working now. Taleworlds forum does not accept underscores, had to change my steam ID from _Osiris_ to OsirisMB and now i have to go change it everywhere else, you will have to get with of the _ in the middle of your ID i think Aero

This also means no one can link a youtube channel as it only accepts the channel ID without an underscore... and without an underscore it wont link to your channel

With the circular avatars a coat of arms rank system would fit im my opinion:
Q1RX0.png

(Not the best job to be honest, but hopefully you get the idea)

Beside that, the report button is dominant on the left side. I read it every time, and it gets annoying. Back to the right side please.
The background could look better, with some form of variety. The Home-page has rain or something in the background, while the steam forum uses one of the excellent artworks.
Also, why is there no link to the home page in the forums tabs?

The added functionality is really nice, but I feel like the forum itself could be a bit more compact.
It takes a long time to scroll through the threads on a laptop.

Also, not a fan of the whole round cropping avatar thing.

I don't have the time to check if someone already mentioned this, so excuse me if this post seems redundant.

Good, because square avatars are ugly.
The square avatars were really cool actually; you could make the background transparent so the 'character' you've chosen blends into the background and wouldn't have a square border. Now you're limited to keeping it in a circle, it makes sense from a UI and professional standpoint as you usually relate uniformity with professionalism.

I noticed that many people doesn't like round avatars (personally, I like them). Avatars are still stored as squares, you might consider changing them back.
Check two posts above :smile:

But for outer pages(navigation bar, forums main section etc) I'm keeping them because I think it does make sense to tiny versions of profile photos.

Check two posts above :smile:
Oh you are right. I forgot that now if you click the thread, you are redirected to page(1,2,3 etc) which you last time saw, not to the page with latest post.
But for outer pages(navigation bar, forums main section etc) I'm keeping them because I think it does make sense to tiny versions of profile photos.

Yeah, generally I don't see anything bad in round avatars. People old avatar's might not fit to new design, but I don't think it should be reason to bring back square avatars.

Back
Top Bottom