Forum Feedback and Suggestions (NOT Game Feedback)

Users who are viewing this thread

Things I don't like about the changes:
My sig is broke.
There used to be a link for "new replies to your posts" at the top of the page, it's gone now.
Round avatars, really???
Some people used to have custom titles, all gone :sad:
Yes, this a dark theme. I would rejoice, but I'm mad. As any dark theme, it should make reading easier for those who cannot stand light themes. Even if the previous one was completely broken, I'd trade it back in a heartbeat. This blue theme is horrible and does not fit the theme of the games.
Are we stuck with old rank icons?

Last edited:
Ok, I'll find ways around this.

(or don't do that)

This is absolutely not what I said. It has been censored and edited by someone wishing to suppress legitimate criticism of this late-term abortion of an """upgrade""".

Last edited:
And now you're outright deleting posts that criticise you and your regime of censorship and denial. Gotcha! Good to know there's absolutely nothing more of substance to find here. And fun to see someone upholding Frankieweasel's legacy.

Please do delete this by the way. Already got it screencapped.

1. Circular avatars just hanging asymmetrically in the vague corner of the post box
2. Almost zero contrast between the important toolbars and the rest of the site.
3. Colourless icons which are hard to distinguish for no good reason:
unknown.png

4. "Insert photo" "insert link" "insert spoiler" and all these slow, condescending, pop-out window, automatic web 3.0 functions which don't even give us the option of using BBC code without typing it out manually.
5. "Messages have been posted since you loaded this page" but I don't get the opportunity to check them without posting first.
6. Timestamps are in the annoying facebook format of "6 minutes ago" rather than the actual time. I hope this doesn't go as high as "3 years ago" which is much more ambiguous than just putting the date there.

I honestly don't know what the point of "updating" the forums even was. The changes which have been made just seem like fad upgrades to make it more in line with the rest of the internet rather than actually making it more accessible (taleworlds was fine even on mobile). Speaking of which I'll test it out on mobile and see how gashed great it is.

edit:
7. Clicking on images opens a bouncy web 3.0 popout window which takes up the entire screen.
8. The character counter in the corner of the reply box blocks you from typing.

Taleworlds was a completely unique site. It had a colour scheme which was really easy on the eyes, fit with most colour avatars, and was a pleasure to read. This current setup has countless problems (so I guess it fits with bannerlord :iamamoron::iamamoron::iamamoron::iamamoron::iamamoron: ), but please, at the very least callum, give us the option to do away with this horrible colour scheme.
:party::xf-eek:

So you want to make archers even more overpowered ? Yeah lets kite inf to the end of the map. Why would anyone want to play inf then , as if its not already the hardest and weakast class to play with...

Maaaan some people have no brain....

I appreciate the hard work that must've gone into this on a technical level from Janus and any other people who implemented in it.

That said, the decision to change it in the first place was needless and the end result is significantly inferior in every way from the user's standpoint. Complete disappointment. Why is my avatar now my Steam avatar instead of my forum avatar? Why are you saying "We're working on getting a brown theme as soon as possible?" Why didn't you get that first before forcing it out if you knew it was going to be so desired? Why does it look so sterile and generic?

Basically, what the **** was wrong with the old forum and was there any actual reason whatsoever behind this change other than creating busywork for some people who could probably stand to be doing more actually productive work?

*It has been brought to my attention I probably changed my own avatar the other day in an altered state

This new forum still sucks.

Last edited:
There are many aspects which aren't desirable, however, we cannot argue that it's also brought some new cool features to the table such as the improved BB, group function, twitch/mixer function. I'm personally not a fan of the profile icons and colour scheme (the style) but the base features are vastly better than the original. In regards to the vast emptiness on the right and left side of the screen, I'm pretty sure the mode is interchangeable, so it could be changed very simply to a letterbox style to make it fit more of the screen by the flick of a preference switch; though I dont really know how xenforo works but I assume it's very similar to others.

Feedback: Forum now looks like a shockingly appaling version of TWC safe mode
Suggestion: Rethink your whole life, sell your company and use the money to help impoverished children. Practice buddhism somewhere along the way

But seriously, what the hell? The new "way" of finding latest posts is simply atrociously primitive, the colours are hideously generic(I get the whole "new age, new look" thing, but shouldn't you use colour schemes related to your company and project? Like, red, brown, gold?). The profiles are a messy maze to go through, there are new gimmicks, but most are just useless(if I want to watch a steam, I'm not really going to do it throught Talewords forum, I'll just go straight to Twitch, ya dummies), the search function is practically useless, the modding section is currently also useless(for modders who have bookmarked all the useful stuff, now it's a search and rescue mission to find all those threads again).
I haven't really looked into other sections, but something tells me it's for the best, surely.

Nevermind I found how to change theme color, on the bottom of the page there is a paintbrush button, u can switch between a white and blue or the current dark blue, looks better now, but this should be the default view, the dark blue is hard to see

Using google to search the forums still show the old results, but clicking on it redirects to the homepage :sad:

y4NSZ.png

It'll be harder to search for specific things now, esp. when looking for modding questions (I use google a lot when searching)

The stream page has value for members of the forum because users here can have their streams featured on this platform where the vast majority of users have a common interest in M&B titles, whereas you're very unlikely to see a Warband stream on the front page of Twitch. It saves users the step of filtering Twitch streams & lets us promote community events & tournaments.

Can't help you with bookmarks, I don't know why they don't point to the correct page. @Janus might know.

The color scheme is a bit generic (orange on blue is a staple of Battlefield aesthetic since at least Bad Company 2, IIRC) but it's not bad in its own right. It simply lacks the character of our previous style. More themes are in the works, so sit tight on that.

There used to be a link for "new replies to your posts" at the top of the page, it's gone now.
There's a way to do this still, I'll get you a quick set of instructions once I'm at my PC.

Someone mentioned a "best answers" field cluttering the profile because we don't have questions/answers enabled. This is a planned feature for certain parts of the forum (the modding Q&A board in particular) so it will serve a purpose at that time. It may be expanded to other boards, but I don't think the intent is to make it universal.

Back
Top Bottom