Hi there, @Janus. I have three suggestions.
1. It would be nice to support the
anchorbbcode tag to be able to link to specific paragraphs of a post.
2. It would be neat if clicking on the button for preformatted or inline text doesn't add carriage returns to the tags when sandwiching the selected text, as that defeats the inline thing a bit, one needs to fix it up later, I normally just copy-paste them in the raw editor, to make sure it does what I need. Not sure how feasible that is in XenForo.
The way the preformatted text worked in SMF was just changing the font of specificwordswithout affecting the background (good, that's what
icodeis for) or making it appear as a block. Ideally it would respect whitespace and not have line gaps, making the box-drawing characters show up fine and square.
3. The comment length in profile replies is kind of limited, but my main qualm is that the formatting text counts against the limit. So you can't even add two linked words in there when someone asks you something; you have to split it into a bunch of them, which is kind of ugly.
Thanks in advance.
1. That's what the anchor BBCode does. The format of it has changed from how it worked in SMF, but that's what it does if used correctly. See here.
2. XenForo's post editor has various issues which are beyond what I'm willing to mess with. I understand they are continuing to fix various issues that they can while actively looking into replacing the Froala core of the editor with something else in a future XenForo release.
But as to your point of preformatted text having unwanted gaps between lines, that's a good point. I've just made a CSS tweak to fix that.
3. I've increased the comment character limit to 1000. There are apparently performance concerns with increasing the length limit too much, which of course are irrespective of whether the content is plain text or BBCode formatting info or whatever.