Forum Feedback and Suggestions (NOT Game Feedback)

Users who are viewing this thread

Fietta

buıʇʇǝs uoıʇɔǝɹıp ʞɔɐʇʇɐ
Marquis
M&BWBWF&SNWVC
I appreciate the use of groups, however there's no group search function; you're able to search 'groups' using the regular searching method, but that only searches group titles rather than content within the groups you're currently in (I might be blind though).

I don't know if this is a planned feature for groups where you're able to search within groups as some groups have loads of threads (such as the BEAST group with over 200 threads) which makes looking at historical match data or comments in general within groups quite tedious.

Janus

*spicy* *camper*
Administrator
M&BWBWF&SVC
I appreciate the use of groups, however there's no group search function; you're able to search 'groups' using the regular searching method, but that only searches group titles rather than content within the groups you're currently in (I might be blind though).

I don't know if this is a planned feature for groups where you're able to search within groups as some groups have loads of threads (such as the BEAST group with over 200 threads) which makes looking at historical match data or comments in general within groups quite tedious.
It's true that you can't search within a group page directly to find various things in their forums or comments. However, if you're in a group's discussion forum, you can run searches within that specific forum just like you can in any other specific forum. You can also do an "Everywhere" search for what you're looking for from anywhere and the results will include stuff within Group discussion forums.

Fietta

buıʇʇǝs uoıʇɔǝɹıp ʞɔɐʇʇɐ
Marquis
M&BWBWF&SNWVC
It's true that you can't search within a group page directly to find various things in their forums or comments. However, if you're in a group's discussion forum, you can run searches within that specific forum just like you can in any other specific forum. You can also do an "Everywhere" search for what you're looking for from anywhere and the results will include stuff within Group discussion forums.

I tried that out, and 'Everywhere' just shows threads outside groups with just one result being the group itself and not the discussions within the groups.

Janus

*spicy* *camper*
Administrator
M&BWBWF&SVC
"Everywhere" should show threads from everywhere, inside and outside of groups. If that's not what you're seeing, please PM me with an example of a group and a search term so I can investiage.

Eärendil Ardamírë

Subforum Moderator
WBWF&SM&B
General question I got asked today:
At the old forum, it was possible for mod authors to apply for a subforum. We have now groups replacing those which is fine. Is it however possible (and wanted) to list specific modding groups at the overview list here
and if so what would be the conditions we would like to see fullfilled for people to apply for such?

I would like to have an answer for it because I got reminded of that old thread about how to apply for subforums here
and would like to update appropriately.

I myself would support to show prominent Warband mods at that place if a new group comes up which generates activity. At Bannerlord that problem is not really given since there they aren't splitted into different game subboards, so that overview page is missing.

Janus

*spicy* *camper*
Administrator
M&BWBWF&SVC
I myself would support to show prominent Warband mods at that place if a new group comes up which generates activity. At Bannerlord that problem is not really given since there they aren't splitted into different game subboards, so that overview page is missing.
It's a possibility, but it would bear discussion as to how we would want to present it, if it's deemed to be desirable. Sorry I can't give a quick answer.

There's an annoying feature to the post editor.

If you have leading line breaks, then erase on the line beneath them, it removes those breaks. But not always? It's awful. I will do it if it considers the sentence you are typing and the lines above it inside the same paragraph. But, adding two or more line breaks does not automatically break the paragraph. The line break above this does not count:

But those above this line do.

Making the preceding line contain a space stops it, but it seems like a silly thing to have to do to have some line breaks.

Last edited:
Top Bottom