Forum days are over

Users who are viewing this thread

Goyyyio

Sergeant
Well folks, we've had a lot of wonderful years, from watching the small interviews about Bannerlord, getting excited about the screenshots back in 2013/2014(?), and then gathering each piece of info we could from the blogs. It was fun, getting hyped for a game, Bannerlord was probably the only game I truly cared about and followed closely, I have to say, that beyond having a lot of expectations, I didn't wanted more than an update on Warband, graphically. The devs sadly.... Had other plans, and instead of Warband 2.0 we've got another kind of game, that I don't really know what it is. I've been here with my other account (Revverie) for many years making suggestions, criticizing the issues I think this game has and trying to bring possible solutions. A lot of people did the same, Terco Viejo is one of the most prolific and best users I found here, putting serious effort on his posts with videos and details.

I know they've listened to a small size of suggestions. I remember making a thread about how deaths and important moments needed scenes and that they had to be in world events, I don't think that's happened thanks to me, but I think at some points the devs do care about the user experience, but ultimately, their game design is pointed towards such a fast paced, arcade style game, so none of what we say will ever matter here.

So this is probably it, we can all talk about the same issues over and over, have arguments about if the game is good or not, or how many positive/negative reviews it has on steam. I find it pointless. Bannerlord will forever be a wasted potential, a victim of numb game design that can only be the shell for mods that will try to make a greater experience. Who knows, if I get my PC back I may get into modding it myself (if Taleworlds ever decides to give modding tools to epic game launcher (((they can do it, they just don't want to)))).
Suggestions don't matter anymore, the only thing devs will come to these forums now for is for bug fixing, and that's it. It's been a hell of a ride, plenty of hours playing Bannerlord trying to see what works and what doesn't, writing here, putting effort, and also having pointless arguments that took nowhere. I hope I never repeat something like this. Have fun guys, and leave these forums, it's the best you can do now. Adios.

but ultimately, their game design is pointed towards such a fast paced, arcade style game, so none of what we say will ever matter here.

Their game design is pointed in every possible direction. It's a "fast paced game" that takes 10s of hours to achieve anything and levelling slower than a jrpg. It's an "arcade style" game with a levelling system so complex and obtuse that it's possible to stop levelling altogether if you don't know what you're doing, and a combat system more complicated and unintuitive than anything I've ever seen in a game.

So this is probably it, we can all talk about the same issues over and over, have arguments about if the game is good or not, or how many positive/negative reviews it has on steam. I find it pointless.

I find it fun. More fun than the actual game.

Well folks, we've had a lot of wonderful years, from watching the small interviews about Bannerlord, getting excited about the screenshots back in 2013/2014(?), and then gathering each piece of info we could from the blogs. It was fun, getting hyped for a game, Bannerlord was probably the only game I truly cared about and followed closely
brother i went through long periods of checking multiple times every day to see if any bannerlord news or videos had been posted to now not having played the game in like 2 years

i really don't understand how they turned one of the best genre's in gaming to something so ****ing boring

brother i went through long periods of checking multiple times every day to see if any bannerlord news or videos had been posted to now not having played the game in like 2 years

i really don't understand how they turned one of the best genre's in gaming to something so ****ing boring

Same. I gave up properly after the brought in slow-mode and the new pre-battle arrangement. That's when I saw the writing on the wall that this game was going in the opposite direction - getting dumbed down for console.

I know people picked up on this sooner, but I was still sucking on the hopium, only to call it after that dreadful release trailer. That's when I knew they were washing their hands of it and calling it a day.

They can finish ticking off their post release promises, but we all know the fundamental core of this game is broken and that is due to the developers and the developers only, not some evil management man pulling the strings. Even with a fresh new Dev team, this game is too far gone for repair.

Last edited:
but ultimately, their game design is pointed towards such a fast paced, arcade style game, so none of what we say will ever matter here.

ya that's what the console crowd likes.

my theory is that at this stage the best they can do is leave it alone and let the modders take over.

Following devblogs, sucking all of the information released at Gamescomes to this. Well, this is sad, indeed.

It is much better than Vanilla Warband in every aspect. Just stop it. Still overwhelmingly unimmersive though, but surely mods will take care of that. I cannot imagine playing vanilla campaign but twas the same with Warband too. So yeah.

Well folks, we've had a lot of wonderful years, from watching the small interviews about Bannerlord, getting excited about the screenshots back in 2013/2014(?), and then gathering each piece of info we could from the blogs. It was fun, getting hyped for a game, Bannerlord was probably the only game I truly cared about and followed closely, I have to say, that beyond having a lot of expectations, I didn't wanted more than an update on Warband, graphically. The devs sadly.... Had other plans, and instead of Warband 2.0 we've got another kind of game, that I don't really know what it is. I've been here with my other account (Revverie) for many years making suggestions, criticizing the issues I think this game has and trying to bring possible solutions. A lot of people did the same, Terco Viejo is one of the most prolific and best users I found here, putting serious effort on his posts with videos and details.

I know they've listened to a small size of suggestions. I remember making a thread about how deaths and important moments needed scenes and that they had to be in world events, I don't think that's happened thanks to me, but I think at some points the devs do care about the user experience, but ultimately, their game design is pointed towards such a fast paced, arcade style game, so none of what we say will ever matter here.

So this is probably it, we can all talk about the same issues over and over, have arguments about if the game is good or not, or how many positive/negative reviews it has on steam. I find it pointless. Bannerlord will forever be a wasted potential, a victim of numb game design that can only be the shell for mods that will try to make a greater experience. Who knows, if I get my PC back I may get into modding it myself (if Taleworlds ever decides to give modding tools to epic game launcher (((they can do it, they just don't want to)))).
Suggestions don't matter anymore, the only thing devs will come to these forums now for is for bug fixing, and that's it. It's been a hell of a ride, plenty of hours playing Bannerlord trying to see what works and what doesn't, writing here, putting effort, and also having pointless arguments that took nowhere. I hope I never repeat something like this. Have fun guys, and leave these forums, it's the best you can do now. Adios.

Damn, you sound like my ex. Buddy, we've been together two months and you're yet to meet my parents. You gotta take a step back and relax a little.

On topic: How are you really feeling?

It's good to be passionate but not up to the point where it's consuming you. Take a deep, deep breath, explore other games or hobbies and come back when the thought of Bannerlord no longer gives you crazy stalker vibes.

@Goyyyio First of all, thank you for the kind words you have dedicated to me, however it is not false modesty to say that there have been illustrious forumites who have preceded me and contemporaries to my time on the forums who have given equal or more brilliant feedback... they already know who they are and what they have contributed.

To quote a line from the early devblogs (Callum period);
[...] We are striving to create the best game that we can deliver, which is a tough task that has taken us many years, and it is your support that motivates us to work harder! [...] We are like a big family, and we are all working as hard as we can to develop the great game that our loyal and supportive fanbase deserve! [...]

... at the end of the day the game is what it is today.

Without a doubt, the experience has been a roller coaster which each person involved to a greater or lesser extent has wanted to dedicate as much time to it as they thought necessary, I know...going through all the stages of the Kübler-Ross curve :lol:.

The fact that the forums today have low activity is a natural consequence, as there is little or nothing that can be feedbacked that has not already been feedbacked... a lot is set on stone now and we can't do anythig to change it; I repeat again... the game is what it is.

wUzu0.jpg

Bet hey, don't dramatize in excess... cutting ropes, burning boats and delete accounts is no needed; take a seat back behind an look for other interests while the interest bar concerning Taleworlds and it's products fills up (or not).

After all, what I have gained from it all has been meeting the people I have met during the process... that's what I'm sticking with.

A big hug to all (forum members, moderators and developers)
_YByW.jpg

Without a doubt, the experience has been a roller coaster which each person involved to a greater or lesser extent has wanted to dedicate as much time to it as they thought necessary, I know...going through all the stages of the Kübler-Ross curve :lol:.
Although the end is bad, it was still a good ride especially prior to the release then everything collapsed. 😭

I think the game would be okay with just bug fixes and balancing.

Right now as the game is if they fixed some quest bugs like the family feud quest (if you do a tournament while you have that guy in your party you automatically fail the quest even if you never got knocked out in the tourney, the quest tells you that you were unconscious and someone killed the guy) to if you have a large battle and some troops escape you lose all the exp you would have gotten for your troops when you enter phase II of the battle and just some general unit balancing like nerfing Khans and buffing other units.

At this point the game just needs bug fixes, having all the perks work correctly as intended without ambiguous language (clearly labeling things or adding tooltips, player should know if your captain is mounted perks do not apply to infantry or the captain must remain conscious) and balancing like unit, economy and kingdom tribute, etc and would be a great game i'd get DLC if they just did that and fixed basic stuff

The most frustrating thing is we can all see what Bannerlord could've been, the foundation is truly there but it feels like TW is constantly cutting every single possible corner they can. They've sold millions of copies and given the currency exchange Armagan's family should be able to live like Sultans the next 5 generations, there's no excuse why they can't allocate a small 5 man team to just go crazy with adding features like modders do in their spare time. Then all the others can be allocated to their Space game or whatever since I think they just want to move on from Bannerlord (which I kind of understand having worked on it for 10+ years)

Multiplayer is god damn dead 95% of the time on official servers at least for East Na. Took the plunge and bought Chivalry 2 today and I'm actually having a lot of fun, the servers work and everything! This was fun while it lasted in a stockholm syndrome kind of way but I think I'm finally giving up. Just sad when I think of what might have been. Releasing with the server crashing unfixed has probably permanently crippled Multiplayer. Bye, I guess?

Last edited:
Multiplayer is god damn dead 95% of the time on official servers at least for East Na. Took the plunge and bought Chivalry 2 today and I'm actually having a lot of fun, the servers work and everything! This was fun while it lasted in a stockholm syndrome kind of way but I think I'm finally giving up. Just sad when I think of what might have been. Releasing with the server crashing unfixed has probably permanently crippled Multiplayer. Bye, I guess?
I think it was already crippled by basically being the same as Mordhau or Tiger Knight for Captain Mode.

@Goyyyio First of all, thank you for the kind words you have dedicated to me, however it is not false modesty to say that there have been illustrious forumites who have preceded me and contemporaries to my time on the forums who have given equal or more brilliant feedback... they already know who they are and what they have contributed.

The fact that the forums today have low activity is a natural consequence, as there is little or nothing that can be feedbacked that has not already been feedbacked... a lot is set on stone now and we can't do anythig to change it; I repeat again... the game is what it is.

wUzu0.jpg

Bet hey, don't dramatize in excess... cutting ropes, burning boats and delete accounts is no needed; take a seat back behind an look for other interests while the interest bar concerning Taleworlds and it's products fills up (or not).

After all, what I have gained from it all has been meeting the people I have met during the process... that's what I'm sticking with.

_YByW.jpg

Such a wonderful outlook on this whole proces. And definitely a healthy way to look at it.
You have a great way with words, Terco_Viejo!

Damn, you sound like my ex. Buddy, we've been together two months and you're yet to meet my parents. You gotta take a step back and relax a little.

On topic: How are you really feeling?

It's good to be passionate but not up to the point where it's consuming you. Take a deep, deep breath, explore other games or hobbies and come back when the thought of Bannerlord no longer gives you crazy stalker vibes.
This is an overstatement. I always loved Mount and Blade and followed it, I'm just expressing my disappointment with it, and that's it, it never has consumed me nor has it been the only reason for me to live.

wUzu0.jpg

_YByW.jpg
Definetly. I felt like this whole development was a very strange ride but it had it fun times. Yes, there have been so many good people giving feedback and ideas, this forum definetly had some good minds that I hope they decide to mod as well as you.

Back
Top Bottom