Forum Bug/Issue/Error Reporting

Users who are viewing this thread

The most likely cause would be from the server getting too many simultaneous connections from your IP address, though I'm not seeing any such errors logged on the server side within the past 2 days for the IP address associated with this post of yours.
If it happens again, please message me with the IP address it indicates on that error page along with an estimate of the time it occurred (including your timezone).
Just happened again. I will send you the details.

Page numbers are invisible on a thread and subforum? I can still hover over them and change pages though.
Capture.png

Page numbers are invisible on a thread and subforum? I can still hover over them and change pages though.
Capture.png
One other person reported that 12 days ago. They were using Chrome; I can't reproduce it with Chrome or any other browser on my end. I had him try disabling extensions but that made no difference, but he tried a different browser and it worked fine. So it was something specific to his Chrome browser, no idea what though.

Last edited:
Hi,

I'm having problems embedding screenshots, GIFs, or images in my posts using the buttons in the forums. I would show a screenshot but when I input the file directory or url, it gets stuck loading. Am I doing something wrong? I'm using Microsoft edge as my browser, please let me know if that's not supported.

Uploading images to the forum is not available, if that's what you're trying; you mentioned trying to input a file directory. Images which are hosted elsewhere (such as Imgur or another image hosting site) can be embedded into your post, provided the URL to that hosted image. If that's what you're trying and it's not working, please just post a link to the image here so I can try to reproduce the problem on my end.

I found an issue with the forums: When I have a thread that I posted in before (with the yellow eye thingy) and the title is in bold because there are new posts, clicking the title ought to take me to the first unread post, but now clicking the title puts me at the beginning of the thread. It might be a time related issue, because it did this with threads that I haven't checked in a good while (about a month), but one thread I checked around last week worked properly now.

Sorry, thought I replied to that message earlier. What exact page are you seeing this on? A regular forum index page, or "what's new" page, or a Group's forum index page, or what? I can maybe investigate further based on that.

Yeah, regular index page, namely in the AG. I don't use any of the new features, I just navigate the forums by clicking on thread names.

I know this doesn't seem such a huge bug, but checking back after a while and losing the abiltiy to keep following threads from where I last read 'em, combined with the butt-ugly, horribly depressing blue background, was almost enough to make me leave for good and never look back.

Seriously, what's with that colour? It's like, at the very moment that I'm start looking at the forums someone shoves a huge top hat made of lead on my head and starts whispering mean things to me which doesn't stop until I stop browsing. It's like the CIA designed this colour to paint the cell walls in Guantanamo with, so the prisoners' spirits will be broken much faster. I wouldn't be surprised if someone already committed a spontaneous suicide while browsing the forums.

OK, can you also confirm whether it is with threads which you maybe haven't visited since before the forum was converted to XenForo, or is it also happening with threads which you've viewed since then? The tracking of last viewed post in threads wasn't brought over in the conversion, so it will only properly take you to the first new post for threads you've viewed since the conversion to XenForo. It should be working for those.

No, it's threads I've already posted in since the change. They got the yellow eye thingy as a result of my previous posting and the bold white font meaning that there are new posts since.

I just checked with two more threads I posted in a few months back but didn't visit in at least 2-3 weeks, probably more (don't know the exact date I last checked 'em, sorry). They did put me to the first post upon clicking the thread title.

Checking a thread (the official art thread in AG) which I last checked in July 3.(by the date of the posts it put me in between) works fine.

Seriously, what's with that colour? It's like, at the very moment that I'm start looking at the forums someone shoves a huge top hat made of lead on my head and starts whispering mean things to me which doesn't stop until I stop browsing. It's like the CIA designed this colour to paint the cell walls in Guantanamo with, so the prisoners' spirits will be broken much faster. I wouldn't be surprised if someone already committed a spontaneous suicide while browsing the forums.

You should try Bloc's theme, which has the same colour palette as the previous default theme. If you prefer dark themes, there's also mine.

No, it's threads I've already posted in since the change. They got the yellow eye thingy as a result of my previous posting and the bold white font meaning that there are new posts since.

I just checked with two more threads I posted in a few months back but didn't visit in at least 2-3 weeks, probably more (don't know the exact date I last checked 'em, sorry). They did put me to the first post upon clicking the thread title.

Checking a thread (the official art thread in AG) which I last checked in July 3.(by the date of the posts it put me in between) works fine.
Hmm, strange. It seems like that would be a problem in core XenForo functionality since it's happening in a standard forum index rather than in an area modified or added by an addon, so that at least narrows it down a bit. I haven't noticed this happening myself with threads I've posted in recently which have new posts, clicking the bold thread title always seems to have worked for me to get to the first new post. However, I'll investigate further.

So I don't know if this is actually a joke or not:

I was invited to a group and I get two options: "no thanks" and "cancel"

I haven't tried cancel yet but it doesn't look too promising.

I tried "no thanks" and it makes me leave the group.

Could it be because I am on the mobile?
Or do I miss something obvious?

wNjK8.jpg

So I don't know if this is actually a joke or not:

I was invited to a group and I get two options: "no thanks" and "cancel"
Looks to be a bug in the template for that. The button that said "Cancel" is actually to accept the invitation, it was just wrongly set to the phrase "Cancel". Not sure when or how that happened, but I've fixed it.

Over the past 2-3 weeks when I try to get to these forums I get a screen that wants me to check a box stating I'm a human. I click the box and about 3 out of 4 times it brings up the same screen asking if I'm a human. It won't get past that and I therefore can't check the forums (or post a problem). I'm sure some people I know wonder whether I'm truly human, but I'm not totally sure what the purpose of this even is. Why would someone run a program to get in here as a computer spamming something? In any case, you need to change your authentication program so when it asks whether I'm human it basically doesn't come back and wonder if I'm lying.

Back
Top Bottom