In Progress Formations suddenly stopped working

Users who are viewing this thread

Skatan

Regular
Hello

A few threads in a row for me, sorry for that, but they are with different topics.

So today playing 1.4.2. beta I suddenly and unexpectedly encountered that my army could no longer shield wall. Never happened before. I happened after a few hours of gaming. I made an army using my clan party members so had plenty of infantry, did what I always do and press 1-F3-F2, 2-F3-F3 at the start of the battle and then proceeded to drag the mouse to position the infantry. Noticed they were spread out thin, like as in loose formation instead of shield wall.

It was a big battle with reinforcements and over time some of them created like smaller groups of shieldwalls but everytime I tried to left-click drag them they chanced back to some kind of pseudo-loose formation. After that first fight it stuck and all fights after that it was the same. It was quite weird.

I do have some mods but none that affect battles, formations or units. Just abi point per level, improved smithing and dev console. Would appreciate any insight you might have as I just can't understand it at all.

Just order your infantry to dismount (or remove mounted soldier from infantry group, or if it's companion who leads party just take the horse from him).

I also noticed this last night in 1.4.2, no idea what causes it, but it seems rare in any case.

In one battle, my archers refused to change formation. I kept commanding them to go into loose formation, but they stayed in a 3 line formation. Luckily it was a minor battle and I completely forgot about it until I saw this thread.

Ah thanks. I have 3 clan members in my army and you're correct, one of them might be on a horse! I'll test and try it. Thanks for the replies!

Back
Top Bottom