Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
Yes, but I removed mods.

tchaik

Recruit
Summary: I've set all my crossbows to IV and all my archers to II in my party. When I invite my companion party leaders, the formation numbers are often ignored. Also it's really annoying that I can't keep the captains I want, it makes leveling companions for certain captain perks useless and frustrating. Why am I spending hours leveling companions for all these things to be ignored?
How to Reproduce: Lead an army
Have you used cheats and if so which: none
Scene Name (if related):
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Computer Specs:
GPU: nvidia 1660
GPU Driver Version:
CPU: i5900k
RAM: 16gb
Motherboard: msi z390
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): ssd

Hello, our team could not reproduce the issue. Can you please see if the issue is persistent on the version e1.6.2 as well?

Hi, I don't know the exact steps for it to happen, I just know that I lose the formations I put certain troops in at some point. It actually happens without an army. For example, I've been putting my crossbows in formation IV and my veteran falxmen in formation II for quite awhile now. I've just noticed my falxmen reverted to formation I out of the blue. I've had them in my party for a long time now and haven't created a single army in this playthrough, so I don't know exactly how it happens.

I'm hesitant to install 1.6.2 at this time since I don't want to mess with my current playthrough.

This bug has been here since 1.5.6, if not earlier.

IIRC, here's one of the things that can cause this bug to trigger: when you have a stack of troops set to a group other than their default, and you receive more troops of that type (e.g. from a garrison), that can reset that group.

This bug has been here since 1.5.6, if not earlier.

IIRC, here's one of the things that can cause this bug to trigger: when you have a stack of troops set to a group other than their default, and you receive more troops of that type (e.g. from a garrison), that can reset that group.
That sounds like that could be it. I often transfer troops between clan parties.

Okay I've just found out one way I can reproduce it, at least on the battlefield. Both me and my clan party leader (my brother) have falxmen. I have my falxmen set to formation II. I also gave my brother his falxmen. If my brother has more of this unit than I do, and we fight a battle together, the unit will default to its original formation. If I have more than he, it will use the formation I've set. I don't know at what point the unit will reset formation for me, but it has and does at some point.

I remember this issue but it was fixed with earlier pathces. I will inform the devs about it resurrecting. Thank you for reporting it in and for your findings. I will forward them to the QA team.

Back
Top Bottom