Resolved Formation Groups not saving

Users who are viewing this thread

rynkkk

Recruit
Hi,

everytime I assign Mercenary Crossbowmen the Formation Group 2 (Archer), save the game and reload the same the Formation Group gets reset to their initial Formation Group 1 (Infantry). Obviously neither intended nor useful. Actually really annoying to assign the formation to crossbowmen everytime I load the game.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Enter the party screen
2. Change any units Formation Group
3. Hit Done (Checking again shows the Formation Group was set successfully)
4. Save the game
5. Load the Game

The Formation Group will be reset to the units inital value (Why do Mercenary Guards and Crossbowmen (possibly their upgrade as well) have Formation Group 1?!)

Same issue trying to assign heavy infantry to formation 6. When I load the save they are back to formation 1.

Has been happening to me too with my companions. I try to put them in a separate formation so they don't die but they keep being put back into the cavalry formation.

Same issue as you guys in e1.0.4, I have to move horse archers from group 3 to 4 each time to keep them separate from normal cavalry.

I also have to separate Vlandian Levy crossbowmen from group 1 into group 2 to keep them out of the infantry line.

Same issue here. Every formation resets when I reload a save, so I only have Infantry(I), Ranged(II), Cavalry(III), and Horse Archer(IV). My companions also reset to Infantry. I like to have some companions as Cavalry and some as Horse Archer. I also like to utilize Skirmishers and Heavy Infantry/Cavalry. The only formation I don't use is Light Cavalry. This is a major issue since it's a pain in the butt to reassign all my troops every time I start the game again. I can just steam roll through everything with the charge command, but I prefer to use some tactics instead of simple brute force.

Was added to the official known bug list, thanks everyone for bumping

Last edited:
Same issue here. This bug really bugs me beyond mild annoyance. :sad: Please help!

Version: 1.0.7
Computer Specs
:
GPU: NVIDIA Quadro K2100M
CPU: i7-4810MQ 2.80GHz
RAM: 32GB
Motherboard: Dell Precision M4800
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): 1TB SSD

Back
Top Bottom