Formation Bonus?

Users who are viewing this thread

Reiksmarshal

Sergeant Knight at Arms
Formation Bonus is something that I would like to understand better, for example how do we even know if our bonus apply to a formation? This should be better displayed in the UI and the captain bonus should apply to your party or you should have the option to assign yourself to a formation so that you can apply your bonus to your own troops.

This needs to be better defined and displayed, if anybody has any info on this matter brain dump it here. Just a few questions.

Is the formation bonus displayed anywhere in the game?

Should you be able assign your character or companions to formations?

I just want to be able to maximize my troops with buffs from perks, but the system is not very clear.

Formation Bonus is something that I would like to understand better, for example how do we even know if our bonus apply to a formation? This should be better displayed in the UI and the captain bonus should apply to your party or you should have the option to assign yourself to a formation so that you can apply your bonus to your own troops.

This needs to be better defined and displayed, if anybody has any info on this matter brain dump it here. Just a few questions.

I just want to be able to maximize my troops with buffs from perks, but the system is not very clear.

The Order of battle is going to be updated shortly with (what I could understand) better UI view of bonusen.

Yes, I asked for Duh about the OOB on the post "Future Plans" and as far i understood he said companions will be assigned to formations and the "captain" perks will be applied to the formation

Yes, I asked for Duh about the OOB on the post "Future Plans" and as far i understood he said companions will be assigned to formations and the "captain" perks will be applied to the formation
This already happens but in a different way.

A companion placed in a formation (party screen), acts as its captain. If more than one companions exist in the same formation, party order applies.

Currently no, but based on the information provided by Mray to my question; it will:
Hero's perks that affect the formation, level, skill values etc. are going to be visible on their own tooltip.

Assigning yourself would be great. @Ananda_The_Destroyer has also suggested it before but I do not know if a dev has seen it/is aware.

Yeah they need to start getting on this stuff, it needs to be displayed, I'm gonna be PO'd if they drop the new order of battle and and it doesn't show the stat+ on the captain selection screen with mouse over. Captains is one of only a handful of "not in warband" things so if they poo the bed with it....

No. They're on the honor system, but you can see some improvement in things like max firing and such when you have captain with bow skill perks and such. Of course, that's still just anecdotal, it could just be a hill or less bushes...

To add onto what @madnessario said, if you are in an army "the game" decides what NPC captains what formations, and if you're in another lord's army you can be put in charge of one and then and only then do your own captain perks work. I really dislike "the game" deciding this and it doesn't do a good job, such as seems to pick party leaders and not you party members. I like to use high steward party leaders for bulk, to raise leadership faster and they don't have many perks for fighting, but "the game" chooses them anyways. . Hope this gets changed when they update order of battle, but sadly their record for making obvious improvements or "just let me decide please" hasn't been so great. It was tooth and nail to argue for a "No" button for auto recruitment and then even when we got it it was bugged for month+.

Assigning yourself would be great. @Ananda_The_Destroyer has also suggested it before but I do not know if a dev has seen it/is aware.
Earliest suggestion by title I find is from September but I'm sure there was more, it's a very common issue and many players finish the game and shelf it never understanding what captain perks did and didn't do. Because it doesn't make any sense to have all those perks that do nothing for the player.
https://forums.taleworlds.com/index...mations-and-give-formation-wide-buffs.430479/

This already happens but in a different way.

A companion placed in a formation (party screen), acts as its captain. If more than one companions exist in the same formation, party order applies.
I believe with the OOB there'll be a new thing related tot his, that's how Duh said to me:

"Captain perks have been and will be applied to the formation based on the captain of the formation. OOB will enable players to choose a captain directly/explicitly (atm it's based on who is in which formation and some other stuff you can't see). It will also provide insight on the captain effects"

Yes, what Duh is saying is that you will be able to assign them before the battle starts. Apart from the visual changes the difference is that you will be able to change the captain before every battle and not through the party screen. At least this is how I interpret it (the directly/explicitly).

Earliest suggestion by title I find is from September but I'm sure there was more, it's a very common issue and many players finish the game and shelf it never understanding what captain perks did and didn't do. Because it doesn't make any sense to have all those perks that do nothing for the player.
https://forums.taleworlds.com/index...mations-and-give-formation-wide-buffs.430479/

I just went by memory but kudos for attributing it to where it is due.

We wont be seeing the Order of Battle till next year anyways based on current progress. Only in the name of Soon shall it come

Warband actually displayed the bonus party members added, it would have to be different in Bannerlord but I really like the hove over option once a companion is assigned to a formation. That said the player should be able to assign their character to a formation so that your captain bonus can be used!

Looking forward to the order of battle update, but who knows how far that is out.

I think instead of captain perks or together with captain perks TW should have add something like "Commander" perks, although captain and commander may sound the same leading soldiers. Should applied with formation or not.

Well there is party leader perks for example the phalanx perk from the polearm branch which gives +30 weapon skill to all troops in the arm. The captain stuff should be fine if the order of battle is implemented in a way that allows you to assign your character to a formation.

There was a warband mode called 'light and darkness'. There, the command-and-command system was tested. Who knows, knows. Those guys were trying that a few years ago. Devs can't extract it in Bannerlord. The command 'Archers stand high' was my legend. Not to mention the rank system of the commanders, the layout of the classes, the special hits of the heroes.

Back
Top Bottom