OSP Code Combat Form Musket Square

mauromagno

Knight at Arms
WBNW
Best answers
jacobhinds said:
Which error did it give? I can't help you unless you tell me exactly what the error said.

The script _cf_create_infantry_square goes wherever you want somebody to form an infantry square. This includes the enemy AI or the player's allies.

You can make the bots cover positions bot dead?
or they can move?

Kentucky James VII

BioAfrikaner
Duke
Best answers
Ignore that warning, it's harmless.

mauromagno said:
You can make the bots cover positions bot dead?
or they can move?
If you want, you could run a trigger that checks for all square IDs and if the square is bigger than 1, run the script that deletes the square and the one that creates it simultaneously.

mauromagno

Knight at Arms
WBNW
Best answers
If you want, you could run a trigger that checks for all square IDs and if the square is bigger than 1, run the script that deletes the square and the one that creates it simultaneously.
right haha

Supplysidejesus

Recruit
Best answers
Very cool! This will work very well for "tercios" in my mod. If there is a way to get the outer row to crouch this would be perfect.

Kentucky James VII

BioAfrikaner
Duke
Best answers
Getting the outer row to crouch is basically impossible i'm afraid. The crouch operation needs to be fired 60 times per second in order to work, meaning the crouching men wont be able to do anything else, not even shoot.

Airbar

Squire
M&BWBNWVCWF&S
Best answers
If anyone's interested, got a working WRECK plugin of Jacobs script. Good work by the way! :smile:

Weathercock

Regular
Best answers
Airbar said:
If anyone's interested, got a working WRECK plugin of Jacobs script. Good work by the way! :smile:
I'd be interested. Coding is anathema to me, and figuring out how to put all this together in working order is killing me almost as badly as cavalry in L'aigle is.

Airbar

Squire
M&BWBNWVCWF&S
Best answers
Weathercock said:
Airbar said:
I'd be interested. Coding is anathema to me, and figuring out how to put all this together in working order is killing me almost as badly as cavalry in L'aigle is.
It is still code though. Just makes it easier to integrate it into the native module system and you also need Lav's WRECK compiler. If you're still interested I will post the code when I'm back home.

Fiore

Recruit
Best answers
Does this work in multiplayer and can the square be tweaked to not be hollow and not repel horses?

Kentucky James VII

BioAfrikaner
Duke
Best answers
I'd have to rewrite most of the code for it to not be hollow. And I don't know much about multiplayer so I don't know how code like this would work.

mauromagno

Knight at Arms
WBNW
Best answers
Hi friend so long,
One thing, usually I create units within my army, infantry, hunters, grenadiers, militia, fast infantry, etc., but by default the cavalry is included in the number 3 (to which I have assigned a sound for cavalry). How could I have the range from 0 to 6 without including the cavalry?
Thanks in advance