Version number
e1.7.0
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.

Foxbat13

Recruit
Across multiple patches, and playthroughs (unmodded) I cannot progress through the game because my faction will rarely go to war. When they do, they will peace out within one or two days and will not go back to war for many days/weeks due to peace treaties. I have checked the forum and have not found this reported or a known issue. I just don't understand how a war game has so much peace.. Something is certainly messed up with the AI.

Do you have a save file of session that you experienced this issue? With your save file, we can reproduce the issue much easier and faster. You can find your save file here:C:\Users\username\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Game Saves
You can send your save files to us via the ticketing system on the website. To send us a ticket, please visit the www.taleworlds.com site and login to your forum account from the top right. Click to "My Account" and then click to "My Open Tickets". You can create a ticket there and include the save file and as well as the forum link of this thread. You can find more info about how to upload files to us with the new ticketing system here. Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!

Thank you very much! I was not able to find a way to create a ticket here. I have submitted a ticket as requested. Thank you again!

Across multiple patches, and playthroughs (unmodded) I cannot progress through the game because my faction will rarely go to war. When they do, they will peace out within one or two days and will not go back to war for many days/weeks due to peace treaties. I have checked the forum and have not found this reported or a known issue. I just don't understand how a war game has so much peace.. Something is certainly messed up with the AI.
Did you notice that, when you are a faction leader, it is only war, war and war.

Even the AI has no chance to win, they will declare a war against the player faction.
The AI should never do this, if they have no chance to win a war, they should not declare it.

In Warband, the AI has not declared a war against the player faction, if player has high amount of right to rule and a strong military.

I wouldn't want a 'only peace' game, although if you are able to declare against other factions that may solve the problem.

However, I'm not sure where this post is coming from. I average at least 2 wars at a time for about 90% of the game. I'm not yet the ruler. 1.7.0 beta, no mods. Most settings are on easy (not easiest). Currently winter 1103. I joined the Aserai over 15 years ago & I think it was closer to 20 years ago. I think I've only had 2 periods where there hasn't been war. One for about 10 days & the other for probably 3 or 4. It is like this pretty much every game I play. What settings are you playing on? Maybe it has to do with the difficulty or something.

http://prntscr.com/26lsesx Here's my current status. Just took Epicrotia from the Northern Empire a couple days ago & of course everyone is outraged. Made peace with them right after taking it, which they accepted easily since we destroyed 3 armies totaling 1700 that were trying to defend it and they had little military left. Meanwhile I'm supposed to go kill a few bandit parties near Jalmarys to make Azragos happy instead of helping fight off 4 kingdoms. Thought I'd try the Neretzes quest again since its been a while, but it still seems like all it does is penalize you, instead of giving you a bonus for completing it.

Last edited:
I wouldn't want a 'only peace' game, although if you are able to declare against other factions that may solve the problem.

However, I'm not sure where this post is coming from. I average at least 2 wars at a time for about 90% of the game. I'm not yet the ruler. 1.7.0 beta, no mods. Most settings are on easy (not easiest). Currently winter 1103. I joined the Aserai over 15 years ago & I think it was closer to 20 years ago. I think I've only had 2 periods where there hasn't been war. One for about 10 days & the other for probably 3 or 4. It is like this pretty much every game I play. What settings are you playing on? Maybe it has to do with the difficulty or something.

This, I'm struggling hard with too little peace.

Which tbh gets abit stale and tanks the fun.
I mean if you want combat all the time, there is the skirmish option in the game to just do big battles etc(never used it myself, not my thing).

I cant say if its been changed, but if you want more war, you can instigate it though, you can attack villagers going to the market, while it do have severe relations within your own faction and the other side, it should work to get things rolling.

I think there is also a quest that some lords may randomly give out to institigate war aswell, like it was in Warband, but dont quote me on that one.

Overall I wish we as the player had more true transperancy on what cause war/peace more than we know so far.

My observation as to why I'm at constant war, is my playstyle, so I'm running assistance to the main attacking armies, and also helping out on defense, read I'm working overtime.

When I sit the battles out, and our armies loose, I do notice that peace comes along. But they are often "slow" so by the time they agree that peace is the best choice the other side have taken a few fiefs back.

Yep especially after patch 1.6.5 khuzaits and sturgian agression gets a huge nerf and both of these fierce kingdoms turn to hippies and keep staying in peace state for nearly forever

Yep especially after patch 1.6.5 khuzaits and sturgian agression gets a huge nerf and both of these fierce kingdoms turn to hippies and keep staying in peace state for nearly forever
I'm Sturgia player mostly, and I've struggled to be at peace for any time at all..
so not sure if that is when they are only controlled by AI.

Khuzait is constant at war in my plays aswell.

Curious what factions you guys play, and if that may have some impact.

As the player imo have too big impact on events in the game.(atleast from what I see when playing).

I think they may need to rethink the whole war/peace or thresholds, as clearly you have ppl like me who crave for peace, and you guys who dont get war.

Bit more "impact" that the player can do to instigate war or peace(like the quest that was in Warband be more frequent by lords and mayors in towns). That way you warmongers can get your war, and "hippies" like me can get a respite of peace.

That said, I do know there is mods out there already that fixes theese issues, but I'm not going to play mods during early to avoid it being source of bugs.
Should you guys however not care you may want to head over to Nexus for instance and look at various diplomacy mods etc.

I usually end up playing empire culture & generally end up joining either Aserai or Empire. I like horses & I like one-handed with shield, so I never play sturgian or battanian. Tried Vlandian once or twice & that didn't seem to fit. Not sure why I haven't tried Khuzait. My current play-through Khuzaits have been at war with us quite a bit, although, tbh, we usually just ignore them. Sturgians have warred us pretty regularly since we took Varcheg.

Maybe the original poster simply hasn't taken (and held) anything that is native to another kingdom. I'll also mention that I pretty much never vote for peace if we've lost territory to a kingdom during the present war. If we lost something I go and take t back.

A few days ago I was averaging 2 kingdoms at war at a time, but more recently its probably averaging 4, & thats with me being elected ruler & pushing peace a fair bit. Or perhaps thats an aspect of the game itself that once you are elected ruler it pushes up the war meter.

I usually end up playing empire culture & generally end up joining either Aserai or Empire. I like horses & I like one-handed with shield, so I never play sturgian or battanian. Tried Vlandian once or twice & that didn't seem to fit. Not sure why I haven't tried Khuzait. My current play-through Khuzaits have been at war with us quite a bit, although, tbh, we usually just ignore them. Sturgians have warred us pretty regularly since we took Varcheg.

Maybe the original poster simply hasn't taken (and held) anything that is native to another kingdom. I'll also mention that I pretty much never vote for peace if we've lost territory to a kingdom during the present war. If we lost something I go and take t back.

A few days ago I was averaging 2 kingdoms at war at a time, but more recently its probably averaging 4, & thats with me being elected ruler & pushing peace a fair bit. Or perhaps thats an aspect of the game itself that once you are elected ruler it pushes up the war meter.
I think on the latter part of 4 at war vs 1 is more due to the "power" typically that your faction have at that point.

And or your playstyle prolly is like mine, so your faction dont suffer that many losses, so they dont want peace.
now if you just let'em rot, they will more often than not just get into dungeons and when enough of them is in it they will be more keen on peace.
(this though is an issue, when 30+ lords of the other kingdomes is in prison, and there is 0 peace desire. meanwhile if you have like 8-16 of your lords been taken, suddenly they want peace).

Also if your kingdome gets big, I think its part of the design that they counter-snowball it by haveing the ai declare war on your faction.
Problem with that though is that typically in my case it just ends up in long wars of attrition that dont anywhere or same few castles/cities shift hand back and forth.

I think the game instead of the mechanics of voteing for war/peace would have been better if it was like Warband with "Just cause".
Feels like the design is good on paper, but dont really pan out that great as you have this scenario with some players not getting enough war, and others not enough peace.

As for the op, I think its abit like you say, that the faction he's with havent captured enough or that he's bugged, or that he is impatient, there have been times where I've had 1-2 ingame years of peace when everyone else is at war with eachother.
Then they go for peace, and boom our faction is at war with 2-3(typically negotiate a peace with 1-2 of them though).

But in those case it gets abit "stale" not haveing action sure, but when you've been at war constant with 1 or more factions for 10 yrs(read 40 in my worst case, but then we took the whole map, which kind of defeat the purpose of legacy, as my kids had nothing to do).

Needs to be abit better balance of war/peace.

I think on the latter part of 4 at war vs 1 is more due to the "power" typically that your faction have at that point.

And or your playstyle prolly is like mine, so your faction dont suffer that many losses, so they dont want peace.
now if you just let'em rot, they will more often than not just get into dungeons and when enough of them is in it they will be more keen on peace.
(this though is an issue, when 30+ lords of the other kingdomes is in prison, and there is 0 peace desire. meanwhile if you have like 8-16 of your lords been taken, suddenly they want peace).

Also if your kingdome gets big, I think its part of the design that they counter-snowball it by haveing the ai declare war on your faction.
Problem with that though is that typically in my case it just ends up in long wars of attrition that dont anywhere or same few castles/cities shift hand back and forth.

I think the game instead of the mechanics of voteing for war/peace would have been better if it was like Warband with "Just cause".
Feels like the design is good on paper, but dont really pan out that great as you have this scenario with some players not getting enough war, and others not enough peace.

As for the op, I think its abit like you say, that the faction he's with havent captured enough or that he's bugged, or that he is impatient, there have been times where I've had 1-2 ingame years of peace when everyone else is at war with eachother.
Then they go for peace, and boom our faction is at war with 2-3(typically negotiate a peace with 1-2 of them though).

But in those case it gets abit "stale" not haveing action sure, but when you've been at war constant with 1 or more factions for 10 yrs(read 40 in my worst case, but then we took the whole map, which kind of defeat the purpose of legacy, as my kids had nothing to do).

Needs to be abit better balance of war/peace.
On my current playthrough I have 44 lords of northen empire captured, even king himself has captured , They don't have any prisoner of my kingdom , I put nearly double amount of casuaties to their kingdom we kinda have same amount of fief but mine is slightly higher (I have one more castle compare to them) And still they are not offering peace and if I offer to them I need to pay daily tribute to them while I am winning the war with crushing numbers . And cause of this , on the chart it shows they have slightly more man power compare to mine, probably because of the garrisons they have causing this situation, in this state they barely have any lords for fighting.

Every captured lord should a reason for piece let alone 44 of them with their king , they should be drawn my kingdom with gold . Even in real medieval times kingdoms don't kill the nobles beacus of that cause they worth a lot . And I cound't kill enemy lords cause if I do that every clan of every nation is losing reputation with my kingdom which is also ridicilious. I get that ,this mechanic has put to the game as a balance option and like I have said , even in real medieval killing nobles is considered as a bad thing for many kingdoms but if this kingdom is your enemy you do not care about the situation. I mean why khuzaits care about execution of a minor clan's member in northen empire who raided my villages and tried the burned them down ?

On my current playthrough I have 44 lords of northen empire captured, even king himself has captured , They don't have any prisoner of my kingdom , I put nearly double amount of casuaties to their kingdom we kinda have same amount of fief but mine is slightly higher (I have one more castle compare to them) And still they are not offering peace and if I offer to them I need to pay daily tribute to them while I am winning the war with crushing numbers . And cause of this , on the chart it shows they have slightly more man power compare to mine, probably because of the garrisons they have causing this situation, in this state they barely have any lords for fighting.

Every captured lord should a reason for piece let alone 44 of them with their king , they should be drawn my kingdom with gold . Even in real medieval times kingdoms don't kill the nobles beacus of that cause they worth a lot . And I cound't kill enemy lords cause if I do that every clan of every nation is losing reputation with my kingdom which is also ridicilious. I get that ,this mechanic has put to the game as a balance option and like I have said , even in real medieval killing nobles is considered as a bad thing for many kingdoms but if this kingdom is your enemy you do not care about the situation. I mean why khuzaits care about execution of a minor clan's member in northen empire who raided my villages and tried the burned them down ?

Ay, but now with the case of those 44 lords captured - look at the war info chart - where you will see the "clans" of the factions.

Typically the enemy if you have that many in prison - have alot of merc clans employeed.
Atm the merc clans actually dont work when they are employeed vs the player and the faction they are with, just prolong wars endlessly.

Each company have 4 lords they can wield, and when a faction normally have 10 clans of their own, but also employ 10 merc companies - meaning they have 40+ lords to wield, haveing 40 in the dungone "dont matter".

I've adressed this to a dev earlier, seems they are picking up on it.(fingers crossed).

The npc should be capped at haveing 3-5 merc companies at most hired at a time.
I did play with console 1 time, and removed them from the game, and tbh it was a much better experience where the AI was much more keen on peace when they got abit of lords in dungones.

In your case where you have 0 vs 44 the only real way to get peace, is to stop supporting the war effort, let your armies be decimated, and have your lords in dungeons they will then want peace.

The problem is that if you keep on winning they dont want to stop the war, which kind of adds a snowball effect tbh.
And often leaveing the enemy in a state of no-recovery instead of going for peace faster.

Atleast this is what I've observed in my games, where there is no peace, and just chain wars(meaning that the one you are at war with, there is no chance for peace unless a 2 or 3 attacks you, then you get peace with 1st but keep on fighting with 1 or 2 of those other).

Ay, but now with the case of those 44 lords captured - look at the war info chart - where you will see the "clans" of the factions.

Typically the enemy if you have that many in prison - have alot of merc clans employeed.
Atm the merc clans actually dont work when they are employeed vs the player and the faction they are with, just prolong wars endlessly.

Each company have 4 lords they can wield, and when a faction normally have 10 clans of their own, but also employ 10 merc companies - meaning they have 40+ lords to wield, haveing 40 in the dungone "dont matter".

I've adressed this to a dev earlier, seems they are picking up on it.(fingers crossed).

The npc should be capped at haveing 3-5 merc companies at most hired at a time.
I did play with console 1 time, and removed them from the game, and tbh it was a much better experience where the AI was much more keen on peace when they got abit of lords in dungones.

In your case where you have 0 vs 44 the only real way to get peace, is to stop supporting the war effort, let your armies be decimated, and have your lords in dungeons they will then want peace.

The problem is that if you keep on winning they dont want to stop the war, which kind of adds a snowball effect tbh.
And often leaveing the enemy in a state of no-recovery instead of going for peace faster.

Atleast this is what I've observed in my games, where there is no peace, and just chain wars(meaning that the one you are at war with, there is no chance for peace unless a 2 or 3 attacks you, then you get peace with 1st but keep on fighting with 1 or 2 of those other).
To my opinion ransom for lords should be higher as well, regular lords should be worth at least 30k cland leaders should be at least 50k and ruler should be at least 70k. Like I have said in previous post , even in real medieval times nobles were worth too much and that is why mostly other nations won't execute them but they worth 3k - 5k which is basicly nothing for a advance kingdom with 6-7 towns with equal number of castles. And executing them on both death enable or disable mods is not worthy cause if you will execute one lord you are losing reputation against nearly every clan even if they are in a war with that nation which is also ridicilious.

And because on latest patch devs nearly broke the negotiate for peace option (I realy don't understand why they nerfed or broke this section ) even the rulers says "I do not have autority for this decision ruler and his council have the autority for that " . Why are they so democratic ? Even sturgia and khuzait are using this phrase which is ridicilious cause they are choosing their leader for leader's charisma and power.Bartering for peace should be fixed and lords should have much higher value.

Be alright if you could plot and use spies then peace time would be interesting even fun as you remove your enemies or people in your way by having them locked up for a crime they didn't commit lowering there rep with other ncp's or assassinations. peace time is boring after a few hours play and your just traveling and trading.

Be alright if you could plot and use spies then peace time would be interesting even fun as you remove your enemies or people in your way by having them locked up for a crime they didn't commit lowering there rep with other ncp's or assassinations. peace time is boring after a few hours play and your just traveling and trading.
tbh had it not been cause of the mods not being stable due to frequent updates etc, the modders have already added alot of this feature that I'm tracking for now at nexus.
Where you can hire assasin etc aswell(to take out lords).

Diplomacy mod that add alliances, non-agression pact etc.

I just wish there was abit more "player control" to instigate peace or war in vanilla(although as I'm sure of you can instigate war already as a clan-leader, by attacking villagers or caravans, I need to try to see if this is still an option).

You mentioned merc clans above. Here's an example:

The Vlandians have 7 Vlandian clans. They have 7 merc clans employed plus 'Tulvo's Clan', which I assume is a rebellion clan. More than 1/2 their clans are not native Vlandian clans.

You mentioned merc clans above. Here's an example:

The Vlandians have 7 Vlandian clans. They have 7 merc clans employed plus 'Tulvo's Clan', which I assume is a rebellion clan. More than 1/2 their clans are not native Vlandian clans.

And thats part of the problem for those who face the oppoite of the op.
Constant hireing of mercs each time they get their noses bloodied instead of going for peace.

In my play, Vlandia decided to wage war on us(this was bit late game so Battania had 2 fiefs at that time left).
Rest was divided by Sturgia(us) and Vlandia.
We also had a few Western Empire castle in proximity to Vlandia.

I was around my holdings, Maruanth + Seonon, cause I "knew" Vlandia was going to attack. Since the 30 days peace was soon over, and most of our forces was travelling to frontlines of Khuzait - war is on.

Within very short time, they blitzed 3 castles from us(note theese had very low loyalty so they didnt put up much resistance tbh).

So naturally the ai being ai, it go peace with Khuzait, and then travel back to frontlines of war with Vlandia, meaning I'm now going to have to work overtime for 3-5 days before they arrive.

I summoned in a few lords to have a small army, and the started to defend the things they where no going for.

See heres the thing, soon as I started to bloody their nose, they hired mercs, instead of just "we got 3 castles" we got enough for this short war.
Instead they or my faction? not sure 0% intrest in peace.
So the mentioned 3 armies of our then came back to this side, and boom 3 castles back in our hands, boom the 2 castles of Battania they held + Car banseth in our hands.

When we sieged Sargoth Vlandia did want peace, and 3 of their lords had died in battle aswell.

But yah its fun in one sense, but its annoying in another as the only reason we got peace there was that Aserai also declare war on us, a war which goes nowhere tbh(since they never come to us, nor do ours to them(too far distance, and too much food needed to travel from a - b(consumption of food is way too heavy tbh for armies).

Dont get me wrong I had a period of the game where we after haveing had the inital war with Vlandia, which ended when they got rebuffed at the battle of Varcheg, and then the WE declared war upon them + Battania, we got peace.
Khuzait declared war on us, but the NE declared war next day on Khuzait, so peace.

Then it was peace for at the very least 1 ingame year before we had any action again at all.
Meanwhile the war vs those others raged on and on.

Ideally they change the "tribute system" to be tied to the 30 days grace period of peace to be max that, so they arent declaring war to pay less tribute.

And that once war is declare it should also last for min 30 days.
So you sort of avoid the issue of "peace all the time, that some seem to suffer from".

Lots of the mechanics seems good, but for some reason dont really pan that well out for some players, be it that some of us never get peace and others never get war.

Back
Top Bottom