forced not to kill generals

add a check box to disable losing relation with everyone when executing other lords

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Users who are viewing this thread

Modders did not fix prisoner escape, did they? So why don't you tell them to, if it's so easy and they are so good? Then you don't have to execute lords.
So devs are so bad, so even cant fix the broken thing that they created. So they need another broken thing, and to fix this they need another broken thing. Ahahha

So devs are so bad, so even cant fix the broken thing that they created. So they need another broken thing, and to fix this they need another broken thing. Ahahha

Go find better devs with better game if you don't want to contribute anything constructive in to developing this one while it is still in development.

Complaining about game been broken and then complaining about devs fixing broken things is not constructive.

They have not fixed what is broken. what is broken is the same lords coming at you every 2 days with 50 recruits over and over again. Before the patch the only way to stop this endless monotonous stream was to execute them. now that is unviable so wartime gameplay is ridiculously monotonous. Literally the same campiagn movements followed by the same battle for hours.

If this wasn't happening and there were other options players would not be mass executing every lord they encounter but there isn't. They have 'fixed' a symptom, not the problem

I would be perfectly happy with there being a condition where imprisoned lords could not escape, i.e when locked in a player’s personal dungeon (town or castle), wherein the AI must send envoys to request said prisoners release and propose terms.

Additionally, It is mind-boggling that allied lords would lose relation with you PUBLICLY when executing lords of enemy/at war factions, clearly we the players never got the memo about the new rules of war in calradia,

-Cosplay safe/Foam swords only
-No permadeath (that means stop executing everyone, KAREN.)
-Arrows & thrown weapons have additional magic damage that is not listed in the handbook.
-Most importantly, Have fun!

Yes this was a dumb change, knee-jerk reaction to players executing every lord. If they would just fix the game so lords don't escape from prison in under 30 seconds, and implement proper ransom negotiation, then we wouldn't need to execute them in the first place and this poorly conceived change would be redundant.

Yep. The only reason to execute lords really is to keep them from coming back like cockroaches. Nothing more frustrating than fight a big battle, capture 5 lords, imprison them and THINK that you should get some sort of respite from the constant large armies being spammed at your/and or the 20 independent lords all standing in line to loot your villages, only to see those exact same lords show up to fight you 5 mins later with full armies again.

If you could imprison them for most of the duration of the war with only a relatively low chance of them escaping, then winning battles becomes meaningful and can allow you to take the offensive, without sacrificing your villages. Of course the same thing can happen to your side as well. Your lords can be imprisoned and you could find yourself at a disadvantage.

Also they need to add in some sort of "War Weariness" that occurs when a faction has many of its lords imprisoned and has taken significant loses, it starts seeking peace. Also it would be nice if the winning faction would also look at how many lords are being held captive, how many casualties and how depleted they are and say "OK, we have taken two castles from them, that is enough" and it starts looking for peace. Then make it so factions only declare war on faction that they share a border with and make it so they always attempt to never be at war with more than 1 faction at a time.

Do this and we won't have to behead lords just to stem the tide of "zombie" lords that you have to keep defeating over and over and over again for hours on end with no stop.

"I killed a very important person who surrendered and is completely harmless, why am I being so looked down upon?"

They didn't surrender. They fought a battle, lost and were taken prisoner. I'd rather kill them in battle but that is not an option either. they are given the option to surrender before the battle and they always reject it.

They are not all very important. half of them are mercs and little better than criminals, worse still many of them are defectors. the important ones are still enemies to my faction. I dont expect the enemy to like it when their generals get executed but for my allies to stop letting me into their castles for killing people they didnt know, raided their villages and were at war with is really a joke.

And they are not completely harmless when despite being honorable they raid the same villages the day after they escape or get released.

They didn't surrender. They fought a battle, lost and were taken prisoner. I'd rather kill them in battle but that is not an option either. they are given the option to surrender before the battle and they always reject it.

They are not all very important. half of them are mercs and little better than criminals, worse still many of them are defectors. the important ones are still enemies to my faction. I dont expect the enemy to like it when their generals get executed but for my allies to stop letting me into their castles for killing people they didnt know, raided their villages and were at war with is really a joke.

And they are not completely harmless when despite being honorable they raid the same villages the day after they escape or get released.
They're people with a high social standing, literal lords who are part of great noble families. It's a pretty big deal

Yes. But you can just throw all enemy lords in jail for the next century.
Lords had 70% chance to instantly escape when you defeated them in battle in warband. There was also a 5% chance every 48 hours for a lord to escape a prison tower and a 50 % chance for them to escape a town or castle without a prison.

Let's just say imprisoning the lords wasn't the solution as much as just wiping out the whole factions fiefs.

Lords had 70% chance to instantly escape when you defeated them in battle in warband.
Yes. But they generate armies really slow compare to BL. And 5% every 48 hours is not so fast, becouse in warband you can do more things in one day.
In BL you need few days to travel from town to town or to heal full HP.

I feel like there are no good options after defeating lords in battle. At first it felt like an accomplishment, when I finally had an army capable of defeating other lords in battle. But after playing for a while, it seems pointless and repetitive.

1. Release the lord. Get a small boost to relations, but the same lord is back on your door step the next day.
2. Capture the lord. Because of how quickly they get released, this is essentially the same as 1, just delayed and without the boost to relations.
3. Execute the lord, watch 5 straight minutes of relation decrease notifications, and be hated across the entire world.

I feel like I either have to become hated (which makes recruitment impossible after a while) or fight the same battles over and over again. As a small independent kingdom, it's near impossible to successfully maintain a siege for long enough when doom stack armies re-appear in a matter of days. Execution seems like the only way to make any progress in wars as a small kingdom.

Let's just say imprisoning the lords wasn't the solution as much as just wiping out the whole factions fiefs.
Yes. You are totaly right. But players need some way, becouse right now it is like:

1. I tried to be a good guy
2. Saw neverending spam and escapes
3. Killed everyone

would be nice indeed
if u lock enemy lords up in a dungeon the dont escape like that pretty please
with maybe a option u get a letter with a higher ransom offer or that he holds a grudge and if he defeats you returns the favor and your companions have to bust you out (:
or if he does escape u or your appointed spymaster can get a quest to sniff out the leak / corruption in your guards
i do hope TW brings back the quest to bust someone out i think this was the most exhilarating thing i did in warband sneaking into a castle in my beggars outfit bribe the guard and fight a dozen guards with a quarter staff
would be nice in general if they wouldn't be riding around full health and army (after defeating them )faster then u can recover from your wounds after u just slaughtered him en his entire army
unless they are friends with minor factions leave them out of it
it would be cool if TW implements the underworld/ criminal Arc that u would be able to put a assassination or money on enemy lords head with a chance i could come back to u off course
or that u could barter with a lord to execute someone if the intensive is big enough so he takes the wrap
or if the lord was a evil bastard with dishonor u wouldn't get as much penalty for killing him
Or what also would be super if u would get positive relation with his enemies !!
and it would show up in dialog instead of hey ...... i heard u too blah blah castle hey ...... i heard u beheaded ...... (:

I feel like there are no good options after defeating lords in battle. At first it felt like an accomplishment, when I finally had an army capable of defeating other lords in battle. But after playing for a while, it seems pointless and repetitive.

1. Release the lord. Get a small boost to relations, but the same lord is back on your door step the next day.
2. Capture the lord. Because of how quickly they get released, this is essentially the same as 1, just delayed and without the boost to relations.
3. Execute the lord, watch 5 straight minutes of relation decrease notifications, and be hated across the entire world.

I feel like I either have to become hated (which makes recruitment impossible after a while) or fight the same battles over and over again. As a small independent kingdom, it's near impossible to successfully maintain a siege for long enough when doom stack armies re-appear in a matter of days. Execution seems like the only way to make any progress in wars as a small kingdom.
+1

Back
Top Bottom