Force scene to load at best LOD quality?

Users who are viewing this thread

I noticed that if you enable edit mode, you can actually choose LOD levels. Unfortunately, this only works in edit mode and it gets reset on game restart anyway.

Is there any way to somehow force a specific scene to always load the best LOD?

If you have a specific scene it is likely you also have specific items in the scene. Make alternate versions of those items, duplicate the mesh without lod models, and place them within the scene and/or on agents.

Unfortunately, I don't know how to do that  :neutral: is there a guide on this so I can learn more? Such as, what file formats will I be dealing with and what program to use to edit them?

Also, the "items" aren't actually items in my case, they are NPCs, or more specific, their faces. They sometimes look very ugly from afar: they take a greenish dark color and it looks horrible. As far as I know, this only happens inside castle/town keeps and only affects ladies/lords and not the guards. Forcing best LOD solves this problem, but I've no idea what game resource contains the head models.

Aha, I see, thanks.

Do I only need a .brf editor to remove the lod model? Such as this one for example http://www.nexusmods.com/mountandblade/mods/1466/?

or is there more to it?

Holy crap, it actually worked! Thanks a lot guys.

I replaced the .LOD things with the actual fullsize models and now the lords/ladies no longer have ugly green faces from afar. This is pretty awesome. Also, my fps is the same in huge scale battles, so I presume this change didn't affect performance.

Back
Top Bottom