Discussion Resource Browser For those wondering how to import meshes and textures

Users who are viewing this thread

Cpt

Recruit
You need to start the modding kit with a custom module enabled. Your module folder structure should look like this:

Modules/YourModuleNameHere/Assets/FolderName

Edit: you also need

Modules/YourModuleNameHere/AssetSources/FolderName

and

Modules/YourModuleNameHere/EmAssetPackages/FolderName

In the Resource Browser YourModuleNameHere should be visible alongside Native. Go to Assets or FolderName and right click. Select import new asset and choose the file you want to import.

If the Assets folder is not named Assets the import new asset option wont do anything.

If launching the game/modding kit with modules enabled makes your game crash on launch, download Fixed Launcher from nexus and install it in the

Win64_Shipping_wEditor

folder instead of

Win64_Shipping_Client

and rename Win64_Shipping_wEditor to Win64_Shipping_Client. Then launch normal bannerlord instead of modding kit from steam.

If you do this make sure to backup the folders in case of updates!

Edit: I think I posted this thread in the wrong section

I can post images now.

This is what my module folder looks like

Module-Folders.png

<Module>
<Name value="YourModuleName"/>
<Id value="YourModuleFolderName"/>
<Version value="e1.5.2"/>
<DefaultModule value="false"/>
<SingleplayerModule value="true"/>
<MultiplayerModule value="false"/>
<DefaultModule value="false"/>
<Official value="false"/>
<DependedModules>
<DependedModule Id="Native"/>
<DependedModule Id="SandBoxCore"/>
<DependedModule Id="Sandbox"/>
<DependedModule Id="CustomBattle"/>
<DependedModule Id="StoryMode"/>
</DependedModules>
<SubModules/>
<Xmls/>
</Module>

More info here: http://docs.modding.bannerlord.com/asset-management/asset-types/overriding_assets/#folder-hierarchy

Launcher.png

Resource-Editor.png

Hey, I did all of this and nothing of it showed up in the editor.

What kind of files does the editor accept for meshes and textures?

Import.png

some weird things are happening.
First test:
1. export ship with .obj and .mtl.
2. import into blender.
3. added a few more faces.
4. added 1 wood plank texture and applied to the new faces.
5. export into "assets" don't show up, but into "asset source" shows up in game.

Second test:
1. export sturgian shield with .obj and .mtl.
2. import into blender.
3. uv the center piece and replace that section with wood.
4. export into template one (doesn't show up)
5. export into 2nd template taken from nexus mod (shows up, but mesh is invisible.)
?

I’ve done all this but can’t import files to my mod folder.

when I choose “import new asset” every game folder is empty and I can’t import anything to my own mod folders.

I have it set to “all” files but nothing shows up.
Also Tried cutting and pasting in the editor but it doesn’t seem to work.

I used Tpac tool and well and the items just don’t show up in the official bannerlord editor.

How do you put meshes and textures in your own mod folder?
Like I want to retexture a horse but I can’t do t because is protected and there’s no way to move it to your own mod folder where it can be edited and saved.
To retexture a horse, you need to create a new material. In the Resource Browser, highlight your mod's Assets folder in the left panel and right click in any empty space in the Resource Browser's main window. This creates a new material with default textures for stone paving. Right click this new material and rename it horse_brown_mat. Now if you check on the Native horse_brown_mat it is blank with a red note saying OVERRIDDEN.
8wUY5.jpg
Clearly this is a rubbish material for a horse, which will probably crash the game. However, if you change the shader to horse, import all the Native horse textures apart from DiffuseMap, set all the correct horse flags etc, compile shader and save it looks more like a real horse and has the flowmaps and skinning flags to act like one in game:
lQ5Nd.jpg
Then all you need to do is import your alternative DifffuseMap, update, compile and save your material.

@gkx it would be much simpler if after duplicating the Native material, cutting and saving it in your Assets folder, the Tools allowed you to rename it. The option exists, but doesn't work for us.

To retexture a horse, you need to create a new material. In the Resource Browser, highlight your mod's Assets folder in the left panel and right click in any empty space in the Resource Browser's main window. This creates a new material with default textures for stone paving. Right click this new material and rename it horse_brown_mat. Now if you check on the Native horse_brown_mat it is blank with a red note saying OVERRIDDEN.
8wUY5.jpg
Clearly this is a rubbish material for a horse, which will probably crash the game. However, if you change the shader to horse, import all the Native horse textures apart from DiffuseMap, set all the correct horse flags etc, compile shader and save it looks more like a real horse and has the flowmaps and skinning flags to act like one in game:
lQ5Nd.jpg
Then all you need to do is import your alternative DifffuseMap, update, compile and save your material.

@gkx it would be much simpler if after duplicating the Native material, cutting and saving it in your Assets folder, the Tools allowed you to rename it. The option exists, but doesn't work for us.

ah ok where I went wrong is trying to copy and paste the horse model and save it as a brand new one.
I don’t think this is supported yet as you can’t copy and paste the model, and if you use the one using the Tpac tool to extract it, the game crashes with the message “horse_brown is already in use by another module”, even if you rename it.
I was planning on adding different creature mounts but I don’t think it’s possible to replace the models/meshes just yet or add new entries.

Last edited:
ah ok where I went wrong is trying to copy and paste the horse model and save it as a brand new one.
I don’t think this is supported yet as you can’t copy and paste the model, and if you use the one using the Tpac tool to extract it, the game crashes with the message “horse_brown is already in use by another module”, even if you rename it.
I was planning on adding different creature mounts but I don’t think it’s possible to replace the models/meshes just yet or add new entries.
Looks like our prayers have been answered:
Hotfix - 07/10/20
  • Fixed a crash when picking up a dropped weapon.

Modding Tool Fixes
  • Crash from the "Start Mission" button is fixed. It opens a mounted agent mission.
  • Added a new tool to create a new module within the modding tools. It will populate the module with empty registered files for ease of modding.
  • Modding tools terrain operations crash fixes.
  • Added new checks and better error reporting for mismatched, not located DLL's from mods, both for the base game and the modding tools.
  • Easier overriding for materials and animation clips added to the right-click menu to the assets in Resource Browser. "Create Override" creates an override for those assets in the selected new module. You do not need to create an empty resource with the same name and change the properties to be same with the overridden resource.

Back
Top Bottom