SP - General For the love of god, make clan parties NOT donate troops to garrisons

Users who are viewing this thread

piton8888

Recruit
Summary:
Clan parties within your army always donate troops to garrisons, either after capture or just upon entering a settlement with small garrison. This is horrible and game breaking. I'm sure most of the players run clan parties the same way - in a player army, giving them fully upgraded elite troops, while player runs with troops that need training, so he can drop equipment on them after battles. And after every successfull siege, i lose 50+ fian champions due to clan parties donating them to garrison. And half of the time fief is not awarded to me, so i cant ever take them back. Please please please remove this horrible mechanic.

How to Reproduce: Have clan parties in your army, capture a city or castle, or enter city or castle with small garrison
Have you used cheats and if so which:
Scene Name (if related):
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Computer Specs:
GPU:
GPU Driver Version:
CPU:
RAM:
Motherboard:
Storage Device (HDD/SSD):

Summary:
Clan parties within your army always donate troops to garrisons, either after capture or just upon entering a settlement with small garrison. This is horrible and game breaking. I'm sure most of the players run clan parties the same way - in a player army, giving them fully upgraded elite troops, while player runs with troops that need training, so he can drop equipment on them after battles. And after every successfull siege, i lose 50+ fian champions due to clan parties donating them to garrison. And half of the time fief is not awarded to me, so i cant ever take them back. Please please please remove this horrible mechanic.

How to Reproduce: Have clan parties in your army, capture a city or castle, or enter city or castle with small garrison
Have you used cheats and if so which:
Scene Name (if related):
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Computer Specs:
GPU:
GPU Driver Version:
CPU:
RAM:
Motherboard:
Storage Device (HDD/SSD):
If your are the king, all conquered fiefs are yours for a short time, take all troops out of the garrisons and wait in the settlement until election and then only visit your clans settlement.
(Or get the mod Royal Privilege Extended)

But your clan members are currently the only one, who donate troops to your settlements, so you want it, because of rebellions, the other clan are holding off their troops, if your are the ruler, putting your faction at a disadvantage.

If your are the king, all conquered fiefs are yours for a short time, take all troops out of the garrisons and wait in the settlement until election and then only visit your clans settlement.
(Or get the mod Royal Privilege Extended)

But your clan members are currently the only one, who donate troops to your settlements, so you want it, because of rebellions, the other clan are holding off their troops, if your are the ruler, putting your faction at a disadvantage.

Become a big problem when you have several clan parties take part in the army of another clan in your kingdom too. Your "full" clan parties end up short of troops in no time.

Having simple check box in the clan party menu where you could decide if they want to donate to garrison or not would help a lot.

Become a big problem when you have several clan parties take part in the army of another clan in your kingdom too. Your "full" clan parties end up short of troops in no time.

Having simple check box in the clan party menu where you could decide if they want to donate to garrison or not would help a lot.
This is another issue in the game, because currently the game uses the tactic skill of the army leader only, for simulated battles, the tactic skill of the army members have no effect, causing good party leaders be captured, because someone with a tactic skill under 200, has created an army.

Armies should be limited by tactic skill.

This is another issue in the game, because currently the game uses the tactic skill of the army leader only, for simulated battles, the tactic skill of the army members have no effect, causing good party leaders be captured, because someone with a tactic skill under 200, has created an army.

Was more thinking when the AI clan army take a fief, and your parties in that army end up donate units to the fief. And then the army move on to another fief, and yuor clan parties end up donate even more units and the parties become depleted. AI controlled armies doesn't really spend much effort on recover and recruit units.

Yes please. When the game mechanics are actively sabotaging you, that's one of the worst feelings in gaming. This is not something we should have to rely on mods (which are often abandoned) to deal with. I can't think of an argument for it to work the way it currently does, and we know it can be fixed because mods fixed it.

I'm actually surprised more people don't complain about this, but I guess it might be pretty low priority due to lack of public attention.

Last edited:

That would be awful, I would never be able to lead an army. I don't think I've ever gotten it to 150, there is no obvious way to grind it other than autoresolving battles that will wipe out half your army.

Yes please. When the game mechanics are actively sabotaging you, that's one of the worst feelings in gaming. This is not something we should have to rely on mods (which are often abandoned) to deal with. I can't think of an argument for it to work the way it currently does, and we know it can be fixed because mods fixed it.

I'm actually surprised more people don't complain about this, but I guess it might be pretty low priority due to lack of public attention.
Because it’s not “sabotage” nor is it “game breaking” or making anything “unplayable”.

Knowing that your parties, just the same as any other AI party, will lend a few troops to a settlement so that it has a better chance to not get taken right back is part of the game. 95% of players plan around it just fine, and the vast majority of that can respect that design decision.

Back
Top Bottom