FOR THE LOVE OF GOD FIX THE ARCHER/CAV NERF PATCH

Users who are viewing this thread

Are we talking about Skirmish or Captains mode? Archers and Cav are in a good place of balance in Skirmish mode and I think most people would agree with that statement.. Especially if you consider how the classes were balanced in prior patches... This looks to be the best place of balance so far.
Actualy cav are so weak rn

I'd be ok with buffing couching damage for PvP as long as you make it so that couch is temporary and people can't just ride around the map with it down

If Captain mode needs a buff to cavalry then fine, increase the entity count per cav formation, and/or make the AI less of a potato.
But aside from that, Cav certainly does not need any help and is basically only "countered" by the cav rider choosing to run into a player facing him with a spear/2hander and not getting the first blow in spite of cavalry weapons being longer than the average infantry weapon.

I am Sorry that it took this long, but we had to make substantial changes to ranged combat and therefore AI. Archer AI is pretty good now and patch is close to shipping. AI weapon swapping improvements are being worked on (future patch) and cav AI improvements are next.

well now that you answered so politely I feel like an ******* - sorry for my aggressive tone. Thanks for all your hard work!

Balance around Skirmish mode. Then increase or decrease entity count to make Captain balanced as well. It's pretty darned simple.
They shouldn't balance entirely around skirmish. Most of the class options for units are already completely useless (in comparison to the other options) for captain mode due to the fact that they were designed for skirmish. I know AVRC has hinted that they will probably have different classes for the different gamemodes.

They shouldn't balance entirely around skirmish. Most of the class options for units are already completely useless (in comparison to the other options) for captain mode due to the fact that they were designed for skirmish. I know AVRC has hinted that they will probably have different classes for the different gamemodes.
Most of the class options are also useless in skirmish. Most troops have that one best combination and thats mostly it.

Skirmish balance is centered around how players play/behave.

The AI behaves completely differently to a human in captain mode, where the balance is centered around bots.

I don't know, I've seen some players in Skirmish who are pretty bot-like.

Back
Top Bottom