FOR TALEWORLDS: THE GAME REALLY NEEDS A FOREIGN INVASION SYSTEM (DESCRIPTION INSIDE)

DOES THE GAME NEED AN INVASION MECHANIC?

• Yes!

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Users who are viewing this thread

If it's optional I would be ok with it but if I'm forced to deal with it every playthrough then I would not be interested. Imho it just adds more late game grind, of a different sort, to the game.
This mechanic may well be disabled at the beginning of the game, as in games from Paradox for example.

I like the Nord Invasion scenario. In general, it would bring so much more depth and fun if we could experience the rise of Warband factions... even if it's only events on a timer. Jumne and Nord incursions could be a midgame ennemy, which grants more diversity of ennemies. They would also be quite different because of their infantry culture, having great footmen but no cavalry.

What will absolutely not happen, except through mods maybe, but would make Calradia and being a ruler so much more interesting would be to be able to "hire" those foreign forces to attack a specific faction... with the risk that they would claim fiefs for themselves effectively creating a new faction or turn against the player if he is too weak (which could simply be asking for more tribute or disobeying instructions, not necessarily a direct conflict).

Overall, it would just be nice to have conflicts independant from the player (or not, see above) that lead to the appearance of "new" ennemies on the map... There isn't much diversity right now, and fighting a faction gets old rather quick, imo.

I think its important for people to also realize these threads dont need to be purely about a "yes good idea!" -"Bad -terrible idea!'". Whats far more productive is fostering ideas for a more realized dynamic worldscape. I mean really thats whats at the heart of this type of idea - the game worldscape is pretty tedious and uninteresting for alot of people it seems. You have to be failing pretty bad in this area for customers who bought a game based off of warfare to be complaining theres just "too much war" going on. I mean -who doesnt love warfare thats like saying theres too much yummy in this cake! The fact is it feels tedious to be in constant war without other interesting world dynamics and dramas playing out.

Honestly the Invasion is kinda played out but it at least gives the feeling of "theres something serious gonna be happening soon" as opposed to what we have now -nonstop uninteresting Warfare that stops and starts with little interesting information of drive related to it and no mid to late game events.

I think its important for people to also realize these threads dont need to be purely about a "yes good idea!" -"Bad -terrible idea!'". Whats far more productive is fostering ideas for a more realized dynamic worldscape. I mean really thats whats at the heart of this type of idea - the game worldscape is pretty tedious and uninteresting for alot of people it seems. You have to be failing pretty bad in this area for customers who bought a game based off of warfare to be complaining theres just "too much war" going on. I mean -who doesnt love warfare thats like saying theres too much yummy in this cake! The fact is it feels tedious to be in constant war without other interesting world dynamics and dramas playing out.

Honestly the Invasion is kinda played out but it at least gives the feeling of "theres something serious gonna be happening soon" as opposed to what we have now -nonstop uninteresting Warfare that stops and starts with little interesting information of drive related to it and no mid to late game events.
To be fair, a big part of why wars are uninteresting is that, unless you completely take over a faction, there isn’t any real sense of accomplishment since without the player‘s presence fiefs change hands all the time and battles don’t do anything other than create a small window of opportunity... to fight again. And again. Without anything else happening as a result.

Although invasions or big bandit parties don’t change that, they can bring something new as opposed to fighting the same lords over and over again, which is already a worthily addition I’d say. That being said, I honestly don’t want Taleworlds to add it because, and we all know it, it be made in a most shallow and uninteresting manner somehow.

Yes yes yes. Occasional clans or factions arriving as Nordic adventurers, southern nomads, new tribes from the east, which might try to form new kingdoms would be so cool. Anything to add dynamism and variety to the map.

Although invasions or big bandit parties don’t change that, they can bring something new as opposed to fighting the same lords over and over again, which is already a worthily addition I’d say. That being said, I honestly don’t want Taleworlds to add it because, and we all know it, it be made in a most shallow and uninteresting manner somehow.
Fighting the same invading parties over and over again instead of fighting lords over and over again. Now that's a big change, a real breath of freshness...

Fighting the same invading parties over and over again instead of fighting lords over and over again. Now that's a big change, a real breath of freshness...
As long as they spawn periodically, if not once for some, it is indeed quite the breath of fresh air.

But again, I don't expect Taleworlds to do this. They would probably make it boring anyway.

Last edited:
It's like you're trying to imagine the most boring possible interpretation of this idea just to say it's crap.

It's like you're trying to imagine the most boring possible interpretation of this idea just to say it's crap.
Can you imagine TW making it any better than that? I mean, so far with Bannerlord TW hasn't exactly been a paragon of going the extra mile with pretty much anything that matters...
Well, I could be nasty and say that they went the extra mile or two to ruin MP, but I'm not going to do that....

Can comprehend with the point, but don't think it will fix the problem. And anything like this has to be built on solid foundation.

More worse, with current "formula" in other parts of the game, we can end up with a even more grind hell.

I have serious doubts that the Aztecs had any technology that would have been a threat to the sort of armies and cultures of the time period this game is roughly taking inspiration from.

The Aztecs were largely isolated in the Americas from the bulk of innovations going on elsewhere in the world. The mightiest of empires in Eurasia and Mediterranean Africa formed because of the sharing of knowledge along East/West trade routes. Sharing of knowledge leads to innovation and problem solving. Knowledge is wealth and power. Even the Aztecs rose to power due to north south trade, but being geographically more isolated such trade had limitations, they mostly traded with themselves.

Isolation rarely ends well for anyone; static societies eventually inevitably go extinct as novel problems are inevitable and without the means to generate rapid new knowledge they are doomed. This actually has something to do with why many empires including those of the ancient Americas disappeared, they became too static.

I'd be all for the inclusion of a fictional foreign invasion, but I think we can find more compelling inspiration for them than the Aztecs.

For late game perhaps we should also consider implementing some deeper political intrigues, displaying the difficulty of maintaining a vast empire, where open rebellion is brewing, and even our trusted allies may be plotting to overtake our thrown. Assassination of ourselves and our heirs should always be a risk, as powerful individuals within the empire have growing ambitions to unseat us.

Natural disasters could also be a source of financial burdens, famine, drought, flooding, unusually long winters, all leading to growing discontent and difficulty maintaining the happiness of our vast imperial citizens.

Last edited:
Natural disasters could also be a source of financial burdens, famine, drought, flooding, unusually long winters, all leading to growing discontent and difficulty maintaining the happiness of our vast imperial citizens.
A plague would be nice too and very relevant. You set up quarantines, people are being idiots and rebelling against them, and you train your facepalming muscles.

Don't you have enough wars already? You want even more?
A series whose root is originally the wars of feudal lords and kingdoms, and complaining about the fact that there are many of them is great. We still do not have a series of Settlers, again, we all rested not on the presence or presence of this function, the fact that it is needed is not in doubt, but in the way it is implemented and the ability to do it is interesting (With new mechanics) developers, not modders,

And once again - this feature can be disabled at the beginning of the game.

Last edited:
A series whose root is originally the wars of feudal lords and kingdoms, and complaining about the fact that there are many of them is great. We still do not have a series of Settlers, again, we all rested not on the presence or presence of this function, the fact that it is needed is not in doubt, but in the way it is implemented and the ability to do it is interesting (With new mechanics) developers, not modders,

And once again - this feature can be disabled at the beginning of the game.
Okay, it is a given the game centers largely on feudal war, but couldn't we effectively implement an uprising or some form of rebellion that would be challenging and consist of the cultures and forces already present in the game? Do we actually need another outside force?

I am just posing some questions for thought. I actually think the idea of late game invasions might be fun, if implemented well.

When people say "too much war" they really mean:
- wars are too random and without deeper logic and meaning
- there are not enough OTHER activities

So war is fine and more wars caused by invasions can be fun too, but you need meaning and other stuff to do.

Okay, it is a given the game centers largely on feudal war, but couldn't we effectively implement an uprising or some form of rebellion that would be challenging and consist of the cultures and forces already present in the game? Do we actually need another outside force?

I am just posing some questions for thought. I actually think the idea of late game invasions might be fun, if implemented well.
Well, yes, the game is called Mount and Blade, not Donkey and Cart, so complaining about the fact that there are a lot of warы in the game is like saying that there are too many horses in the game. With regards to the uprisings, the developers said that they would work on it , slowly of course, as always, well, what can you do, and new cultures will not hurt, especially if they are diluted with interesting mechanics that I and other members of the forum brought.

Your last phrase can sum up this discussion in general - not against everything but because of the lack of development of the game, people are still afraid of such changes, but it can be disabled until it is finalized.

Back
Top Bottom