? For Dev dynasties/families in EA

Users who are viewing this thread

Being the game is not finished. Will the dynasty system make it into the EA? There are threads talking about families, but I couldn't find anyone asking this question.

Based on what I've heard - from community assumptions and guesswork, not from the devs - is that marriage, clans, all that won't be in EA at launch, but will be introduced in future updates as they fill in the yet unfinished features.

I find this odd, however, considering that the entire way we gain renown now is through our clan and not our characters. Additionally, even if they switch permadeath off until dynasties are in the game... Don't we kind of age ingame now? Seems weird to ship it without these features at least at their core, particularly considering that they had marriage and children working almost two years ago.

The short answer is, we don't know, and I wouldn't hold out for a developer response because they've been pretty head-down in their work the past few months. If we're lucky we'll get more details on "currently in" features in the next couple of days, but if not, we'll just have to find out the hard way and buy it sight unseen. (Which, let's be honest, many of us were planning to do anyway.)

Based on what I've heard - from community assumptions and guesswork, not from the devs - is that marriage, clans, all that won't be in EA at launch, but will be introduced in future updates as they fill in the yet unfinished features.

I find this odd, however, considering that the entire way we gain renown now is through our clan and not our characters. Additionally, even if they switch permadeath off until dynasties are in the game... Don't we kind of age ingame now? Seems weird to ship it without these features at least at their core, particularly considering that they had marriage and children working almost two years ago.

The short answer is, we don't know, and I wouldn't hold out for a developer response because they've been pretty head-down in their work the past few months. If we're lucky we'll get more details on "currently in" features in the next couple of days, but if not, we'll just have to find out the hard way and buy it sight unseen. (Which, let's be honest, many of us were planning to do anyway.)
Clan system was present at Gamescom 2019 though. Don't know about marriage

Its pretty important that they step forward and is transparent of what is currently included and planned to be implemented.
It would be a shame to disappoint just because nothing is being told to us.

If you die you respawn as your oldest child. If the child is young you will have to contend with such challenges as guided play, coloring and nap time. It not clear what sort of gameplay will occur if your child isn't born yet.

based on what I read from the steam page, certain features pertaining to those things won't be in the ea launch but it doesn't say anything about them being completely out.

Why are the devs not doing important things such as answering these kind of very important questions on the forum just days before launch....?

Are they celebrating the corona time at home doing nothing.... like me? oooh **** manager is calling,.,, need to act like i did something...

They normally do answer in forums, i saw devs answering questions on this forum dozens of times. I could come up with two scenarios for current silence:

1) They have a devblog in their pocket, waiting to be released in days, so they don't feel like they need to engage in forums right before the release.
2) They started to feel shy.

I bet it's the first scenario.

If you die you respawn as your oldest child. If the child is young you will have to contend with such challenges as guided play, coloring and nap time. It not clear what sort of gameplay will occur if your child isn't born yet.

As far is i know you Heir must not be your Child. I can also be a brother Cousin etc. i guess if you dont have close family it might be spawn a distance relative?

I remember them saying you can pick your heir. You can pick your any relative or something in case you have no child. If you have no relatives maybe you pick from your clan. If you have literally no one I dunno what happens. Guess it is game over?

Im pretty sure they said somewhere, that all that was in Warband, will be in the EA, but certain features within those systems might be missing.

Would be weird for the whole clan system to be missing after showing it off every chance they get. I would guess clans are in, but some features are missing ( marriage? )

Back
Top Bottom